Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Iginla would be a dumb move and would strap us to the cap for the next 2 years when we are going to have to re-up Tats and Goose. Not to mention Iginla is over paid, and his production is dropping off. Jagr I wouldnt mind, but I dont think the devils want a late pick, I think they want a B level prospect or maybe a C level with a high upside or long development curve.

I am fully for Franson or Michalek. I would prefer Franson, but I think Michalek comes cheaper. Also Franson has had injury issues as of late. Unless we can get permission from Tor to talk to Franson's agent before we trade for him to figure out what his contract demands are and if its what we would be willing to pay then I dont do it. I do think Phx would take Kindl+a pick for Michalek. They will need an NHL quality D to replace him as right now they dont have many ready in the AHL and with them maybe moving Yandle as well they cant keep calling guys up that arent ready, they already roster a pretty much AHL team. I think Kindl+3rd next year could land him.

Also my untouchable list as of now is in this order unless it gets us back an impact player thats not a rental:

Larkin
    Mantha
    Pulu
    Mrazek
    XO
    Holmstrom
    Backman
    Janmark
    AA
    Sproul

Anyone else I would feel comfortable sending in a trade within reason.
    Last edited by pidg88; 02-14-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Franson to Nashville. Pickings are getting slimmer.

Although the Leafs got a 1st-round pick and a prospect in return. If that is what it took to land Franson, I'm glad the Wings didn't pull the trigger on that one.

It sounds like the Leafs are going to try and move Phaneuf also. I've seen at least one website suggest the Wings might be a suitor. Personally, I could do without his bloated contract and he's another lefty defenseman. I can't imagine him being cheaper than franson either. The Leafs are gonna wants high prospects and some draft picks.

Its looking more and more like we are better off just standing pat at the deadline. If that's their asking price for Franson I imagine they'd be looking for more from a division rival. That is especially true if they plan on trying to take Babs away from us. Sap his ex team for talent and then land him (I doubt they do but its a smart strategy on their part).

If they want to have a chance at the Cup, they need to do something. All the top teams will. Nashville already has, Pittsburgh always does, Anaheim will. Montreal and Tampa won't be sitting back. Wouldn't be surprised if the Islanders did something. If you want to win these days, you need to upgrade at the deadline. Simple as that. That's why Holland can't sit back this year.

I agree with LionsFan. Unless they add some small role-player, I don't see the wings doing much at the deadline. They have a young team that's built to contend over the next several years. It makes zero sense to give up key pieces just to contend this season.

I really wanted Franson, all that is left that I could really see us making a move for is Michalek or Yandle. Holland made it very clear though that he is not looking for a rental which makes me think Green, Michalek etc is out. Yandle may be our top choice but I dont know if the price of First+Kindl+Jurco and maybe more would land him or be worth it.

I hope we stand pat. The prices are going to be high already. Plus with the red wings full of promising prospects, the price could be higher for us. It would be nice to add a piece or two, but there really isn't a trade out there that I'm willing to give up our future for. I have a feeling that Kenny won't be trading and 1st rounders like he did in the past.

I think holland is waiting for the summer to sign a right handed shot from the point. No reason on giving up prospects when there will be options in the summer.

I still would like to add Yandle but with the way the trades have played out so far I'm not sure if we want to pay the price. Jurco is one of the few prospects I'd be okay with giving away. Not that he can't play but we have a lot of talented wing players in the system. We can afford to lose one less "developed". A bit **** no to anyone who asks for Tatar/Nyquist which I heard is what Arizona wants.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure who to get or if we should move anything. The young kids are playing well and we have a (traditionally)a solid NHL scorer hurt. If Franzen could even return to semi-form we have a very talented scoring team that can kill you with 3 explosive lines. I'm not sure I want to break that chemistry up.

i know i'm late on this, but i agree. the younguns are playing well aside from the skid we are on. again, as i mentioned in another thread...tough call to make but needs to be made soon.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

Scouting the Senators-Hurricanes: Lightning, Red Wings, Rangers, Flames, Stars (2) and Bruins. Most scouts came to watch Hurricanes Andrej Sekera, Tim Gleason, Jiri Tlusty and Jay McClement.
    Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Red Wings GM Ken Holland has some interest in pending UFA defensemen Jeff Petry, Andrej Sekera and Zbynek Michalek, but itís about price to acquire them. Holland may be more careful as to how many times he trades away 2nd round pick. Itís doubtful that he could get Petry or Sekera for anything less than a 2nd round pick.LeBrun wonders about Dion Phaneuf and the Red Wings
    Latest rumors I've seen. I was also reading HF and I agree with the idea that if we trade it should be a big deal. Missing out on a guy like Franson isn't a huge loss considering its unlikely he was going to be the player to put us over the top.

IF the Leafs ate a good chunk of the contract, I'd be all for Phaneuf. He hasn't been all that great in Toronto this year, but that place would be one of the worst in the world to play. Media and fans scrutinizing every tiny move. They guy is probably tired of it. A change of scenery would do him well. Not a right handed shot, but he' still help

I personally don't think anything will happen(barring injury), and I'm pretty okay with it. I'd rather keep our top prospects unless it's going to be a piece that will help us for more than just this season. If Jimmy is back to top form(he's been solid since coming back the Winnipeg game had some unlucky bounces) I think we can make a strong playoff push.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast