Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Deflate-gate

Deflate-gate

LOL! Belichick is in everyone's head.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, via NFL spokesman Michael Signora, that the league is looking into the apparent use of overly deflated footballs by the Patriots during their win

NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino told NFL AM on Monday that, "it's not unheard of for a ball to be removed from circulation and then tested during the week for whatever issue there was."

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Several years ago, in an effort to prevent any doctoring of balls used in the kicking game, the NFL adopted a rule that six new, specially-marked kicking balls would be used for each game, with the boxes opened by the officials two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoff.

"I think I've heard it all at this point," (Tom)Brady laughed. "That's the last of my worries. I don't even respond to stuff like this."

First it was Harbaugh *****ing about having Vereen as an OL, and we were cheating for that. Now apparently we have time to deflate some footballs 35 seconds before kickoff when we first get possession of the game balls, or during the game when there are hundreds of cameras watching your every move. The officials touch the ball after every play. They wouldn't notice the difference between ours and Indy's? Get real. Sore losers. We smacked your team by 38 points in an AFC championship game. It's not our fault your team sucks. The only thing that got deflated was your ****** team's morale. On to Seattle.
    Last edited by Patriotsfan97; 01-19-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Stuff like this pisses me off. Do the refs not handle the ball before every single play? Wouldn't they notice **** like this? just a ludicrous claim due to the fact the Pats whipped the floor with the Colts. Patriots can never win a game without them 'cheating'. Oh well, Hater's gonna hate.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko

PFT puts out article "several abnormal balls taken out" Then gets in the line, "it's common for abnormal balls to be taken out during gms"
    lol. I just can't picture us being stupid enough to pull a stunt like this. It's WAYYY to risky and we've already proven we need NO help whooping those guys.

idk, maybe it's true, or maybe Indy has some sour grapes and leaked this to the media as a parting shot. I wouldn't put it past their OC since he's the offensive Jack Del Rio with how we've owned him and this makes him look bad as a head coaching candidate. Not to mention he's taken a shot at us before.

I really wonder who is that Indy reporter's source. It's gotta be someone from the Colt's organization.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    lol. I just can't picture us being stupid enough to pull a stunt like this. It's WAYYY to risky and we've already proven we need NO help whooping those guys.

idk, maybe it's true, or maybe Indy has some sour grapes and leaked this to the media as a parting shot. I wouldn't put it past their OC since he's the offensive Jack Del Rio with how we've owned him and this makes him look bad as a head coaching candidate. Not to mention he's taken a shot at us before.

I really wonder who is that Indy reporter's source. It's gotta be someone from the Colt's organization.

The idiot Colts reporter is Bob Kravitz.

FOXBORO, Mass. -

A source within the NFL tells wthr.com's Bob Kravitz that the league is investigating the possibility that the Patriots deflated footballs in their 45-7 win over the Colts Sunday night at Gillette Stadium.

The source told Kravitz that officials took a ball out of play at one point and weighed it.

LOL! That would be a pretty impressive scale if it could weigh missing air. Try air PRESSURE -- not weight Boob.

A bit ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by poppa12645 View Post
    A bit ridiculous
    I'll say. Balls can lose air for a variety of reasons or be defective. All we know is that a ball - not "balls" plural - is in question and, understandably, the reason will be investigated. That's a long way from an attempt to circumvent the rules.

I agree that this is a satire story at best. Even if it were true, it would have had little impact on the final outcome. The colts just weren't ready to compete on the same level as the patriots. Now that I think about it, if the balls WERE deflated, how in the world did brady throw that lame duck to edelman? If he didn't throw that Manning-like pass to Edelman it probably would have gone for six. It would probably be much more difficult to slip while throwing a deflated ball.

It amazes me how far people will go and say/do anything to find ways to discredit the success of Brady, BB, and the Patriots. But, here's to hoping that no one really was stupid enough to deflate the balls for some type of advantage.

I find it funny how this Colts reporter accuses them of cheating when we beat the Colts in the AFC Championship game, but where was this accusation those other three times we beat Luck and the Colts? Also the league will do say or do anything to make the Patriots look bad.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Apparently numerous footballs are taken out of play normally due to losing pressure and dont forget colder the temp can cause a decrease in air pressure

Quote Originally Posted by mistamyrick View Post
    I agree that this is a satire story at best. Even if it were true, it would have had little impact on the final outcome. The colts just weren't ready to compete on the same level as the patriots. Now that I think about it, if the balls WERE deflated, how in the world did brady throw that lame duck to edelman? If he didn't throw that Manning-like pass to Edelman it probably would have gone for six. It would probably be much more difficult to slip while throwing a deflated ball.

It amazes me how far people will go and say/do anything to find ways to discredit the success of Brady, BB, and the Patriots. But, here's to hoping that no one really was stupid enough to deflate the balls for some type of advantage.
    The League as hated US since Brady's won his first SB.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    Apparently numerous footballs are taken out of play normally due to losing pressure and dont forget colder the temp can cause a decrease in air pressure
    This is what I don't get doesn't the refs handle the balls before every snap? Wouldn't they noticed something wrong with them? I don't think the refs would be this stupid to risk their jobs. Also would this even be a topic if it were another team accused of doing this? My guess nope.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Maybe Blount clutching them so tight on so many runs let some pressure out

Wasn't the temp below 20 last game? I didn't hear anything about balls then. Can a mixture of coldness and pouring rain affect air pressure?
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Maybe Blount clutching them so tight on so many runs let some pressure out

Wasn't the temp below 20 last game? I didn't hear anything about balls then. Can a mixture of coldness and pouring rain affect air pressure?
    That's because that game wasn't as important as this one was.

Plus Indy could have brought twelve balls to the game...unless all of them are clearly marked, it could have belonged to them. I also heard on TV they can have from 12.5 to 13.5 lbs of air so it's not a precise number.

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast