Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Will our defense really be that bad?

With our new outfield and upgraded bats, there is a lot of talk about the downgrade defensively for the Padres. Upton and Kemp have struggled defensively in recent years and Myers has not really played CF that much at the Major League level. While I'm not going to try and say they will be great defensively or won't decline a little bit, I think that people are forgetting the Padres have been very good defensively in recent years in large part because of the coaching staff, and I think that they can minimize the drop off in defensive play this year and I don't think it will be as bad as some people are predicting it will be. I'm not saying that we will be an elite defensive unit, but I don't think we will really be that bad of one either? Anybodies thoughts on this?

I think in later innings they may move myers to first and put maybin in cf

Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    I think in later innings they may move myers to first and put maybin in cf
    Yeah they probably will. I'm not the biggest Bud Black fan in the world, but the Padres have always been very good defensively under him as manager and I think he and the rest of the Padres coaching staff should be able to make this team much better defensively than what is projected.