Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Marlins 2015 season predictions

Putting our (mostly) negative history aside....As a huge Marlins fan i'm excited with how the off-season has turned out. Team was able to fill out most, if not, all major holes at 1st, 2nd and 3rd base to go along with a strong OF. Not to mention brought in some quality arms on the Rotation and pen.

What are your Marlins player or team bold / non-bold prediction for the upcoming season?

Still think they end up around 85-77. With Jose out, I don't see a number 1 in the rotation. But hopefully they prove me wrong, though they never have.

The division seems ripe for the taking this year, lots of new guys but the best OF in the league. Maybe get Shields and that takes us over the top!

I think on paper we'll compete. But someone always messes it up. Maybe the Pen, we're kinda short there. A utility player off the bench maybe. I don't know. What do you guys think the holes are ? I know we're not complete.

Shields would've been a great sign. Olney reported that the Fish offered the biggest contract but he turned it down. (not sure if true) but i'm liking that they at least went hard after him.

Salty worries me. If he has another crappy year the latter part of the offense will suffer.
    I think we have a solid pitching staff overall. Bullpen should be solid. Signing K-Rod to set up Cishek would be a nice pick up.

Wild card can is within reach. Nationals, on paper, seem to have the division wrapped up.

I cautiously yet optimistically predict an 85-88 season.

Henderson Alvarez is a ONE, he is getting better and better. This year will speak volumes towards what he can truly become. As for the season im expecting a wildcard spot (I hope im right). I dont see us winning the division over Washington. Bullpen help is needed, maybe K rod though not sure how much I like that idea at this point.

Alvarez was huge for us last year but he pitches to contact. A real #1 has to be considered a strike out pitcher, there have been some exceptions. Regardless I love our rotation which will become GREAT once we get Fernandez back. We added some pieces to the PEN, we always find one guy that over performs, (maybe Crow). Our 2nd tier players worry me a bit. I mean if any gets injur*** (don't say it). We might be looking at a sharp drop in production. Also if someone has a bad year, for example, Morse or Ozuna , that might throw off the lineup.

YES I'M THAT GUY !!!! (PESSIMISTIC)

All in all, I'm excited about this season. Last year I was fully involved and to have Fernandez go down and we still be in the thick of things ONLY to have have Stanton get hit......that was disheartening. Hopefully this year the baseball gods let us have one. This team needs it.

Let's go fish

Quote Originally Posted by mjm07 View Post
    Shields would've been a great sign. Olney reported that the Fish offered the biggest contract but he turned it down. (not sure if true) but i'm liking that they at least went hard after him.

Salty worries me. If he has another crappy year the latter part of the offense will suffer.
    I think we have a solid pitching staff overall. Bullpen should be solid. Signing K-Rod to set up Cishek would be a nice pick up.

Wild card can is within reach. Nationals, on paper, seem to have the division wrapped up.

I cautiously yet optimistically predict an 85-88 season.
    I think the offense is built around everyone except for Salty and Heche. If everyone else hits the way they can, then any offense from these 2 will be icing.

I really like our roster

we can make a serious run for the postseason

Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Jay16 View Post
    I think the offense is built around everyone except for Salty and Heche. If everyone else hits the way they can, then any offense from these 2 will be icing.
    100% Agree.