Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Not this years....unless it was protected, I honestly have no clue what will happen the rest of the year so I just don't want to see an unprotected pick sent away, because playoffs or not this should be the highest we pick for a long time. He would also have to pick up his option as part of the deal, or have an extension ready. I don't want to get screwed out of a pick for a one year rental and then he opts out.

Also I can't even remember his deal....so what else in terms of contracts would we have to send them to make the numbers work?
    Dragic is 7.5 this year and 7.5 Qualifying Offer next year.

To be honest, it all depends on what other offers they have, and I really don't know what they would be looking for. Maybe Solo to strengthen their bench behind Hayward or an option to play with Hayward....IMO Solo may be a hot commodity for us to strike while the iron is hot, and getting a post player may be worth moving him. They don't have any bad salaries really that we could give them expiring for, and really they have a nice young core...so maybe Ian as a big who could log minutes for them and is fine being a backup? Possibly a package of Solo and Ian or maybe Lavoy and Solo? I don't want to give up Lavoy, but for someone that could probably be our PF starter day one...and future center that is a price I would pay.
    Yeah, I would like to keep both Solo and Lavoy if at all possible, but if the deal makes the team better in the future you have to be willing to sacrafice. I really feel like they both could be a part of a very solid bench if we can hang onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    Dragic is 7.5 this year and 7.5 Qualifying Offer next year.
    Qualifying offer or player option? I thought I saw some conversation about him picking up the 2nd year so I thought it was a player option, but didn't know that $.

Qualifying offer or player option? I thought I saw some conversation about him picking up the 2nd year so I thought it was a player option, but didn't know that $.
    You're right. 7.5 player option. I was still thinking about Kanter who has a 7.8 qualifying offer. If I was Dragic I would make it very clear to any team interested that I will be opting out and going to free agency. Unless the team that wants to trade for him is definitely his destination of choice, why not have all the power in free agency?

You're right. 7.5 player option. I was still thinking about Kanter who has a 7.8 qualifying offer. If I was Dragic I would make it very clear to any team interested that I will be opting out and going to free agency. Unless the team that wants to trade for him is definitely his destination of choice, why not have all the power in free agency?
    That's my worry with him. Why not wait to let him opt out with Pho and get him in a S&T with a new contract if we are shipping out a pick? If we make the trade and he did opt out and we didn't get a deal done....we would have paid a 1st rounder for half a year of a guy and in a year with no real hope of contending unless PG comes back and is better than before almost immediately and the team jells around him right away.

If this was like the NFL and they had a franchise tag, I would say it wouldn't be an issue....but giving up a 1st in a situation the player has all the power to walk is just a really risky move. I like Dragic, but losing him for nothing and giving a #1 to do so could really deal a huge blow to this team and it's future....and that is a huge risk to take.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 02-13-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Not this years....unless it was protected, I honestly have no clue what will happen the rest of the year so I just don't want to see an unprotected pick sent away, because playoffs or not this should be the highest we pick for a long time. He would also have to pick up his option as part of the deal, or have an extension ready. I don't want to get screwed out of a pick for a one year rental and then he opts out.

Also I can't even remember his deal....so what else in terms of contracts would we have to send them to make the numbers work?
    the other thing to consider is the Suns are a very up tempo team, we are basically the complete opposite. It may be a tricky fit for him...also i would like to keep our first this year. Not even trading it with lotto protection on it. It's time to get some new talented youth on this roster.

#iubb

id go after MCW instead

The latest rumor is that Toronto is dangling Ross and Valanciunas and West is one of the targets. If that is true we would need another player coming back.

Players it works with, Vasquez, Patterson, Lou Williams, Landry Fields (expiring). I wouldn't mind those 2 plus Vasquez or Patterson......but I'm thinking with 2 young players it would be more like Fields' expiring.

If this is true and the Pacers don't jump on this ASAP then we seriously need to look at the front office. I like West, but for an aging player with greatly diminishing skills to get a young big man and a young wing plus either getting half his salary back in cap space or someone else we could use is a steal to me.

The latest rumor is that Toronto is dangling Ross and Valanciunas and West is one of the targets. If that is true we would need another player coming back.

Players it works with, Vasquez, Patterson, Lou Williams, Landry Fields (expiring). I wouldn't mind those 2 plus Vasquez or Patterson......but I'm thinking with 2 young players it would be more like Fields' expiring.

If this is true and the Pacers don't jump on this ASAP then we seriously need to look at the front office. I like West, but for an aging player with greatly diminishing skills to get a young big man and a young wing plus either getting half his salary back in cap space or someone else we could use is a steal to me.
    Is this rumor just for West or do we have to include our pick? Just for West or any other player not named George id jump all over it. Our pick included id have to say no. Hopefully its just for west

Lucks on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Is this rumor just for West or do we have to include our pick? Just for West or any other player not named George id jump all over it. Our pick included id have to say no. Hopefully its just for west
    Honestly I have no clue, I think it was a twitter conversation between a few writers.

As much as I would love this trade, who would be thier starting center? Hayes? Stiemsma? Nogueira? Unless they've got another trade in the works I don't see them including Valanciunas. However, if they are interested in something like West/Stuckey for Ross/Valnciunas/Vasquez I wouldn't hesitate! You trade or let Hibbert walk next year. I wouldn't be totally opposed to sending a lottery pretected 1st in that deal either.

As much as I would love this trade, who would be thier starting center? Hayes? Stiemsma? Nogueira? Unless they've got another trade in the works I don't see them including Valanciunas. However, if they are interested in something like West/Stuckey for Ross/Valnciunas/Vasquez I wouldn't hesitate! You trade or let Hibbert walk next year. I wouldn't be totally opposed to sending a lottery pretected 1st in that deal either.
    That's kind of what i was wondering. I'm just going off the rumors though, and sometimes they make sense but sometimes not at all. I'd like to say something like ship them Ian to make sense out of it?

That's kind of what i was wondering. I'm just going off the rumors though, and sometimes they make sense but sometimes not at all. I'd like to say something like ship them Ian to make sense out of it?
    I was thinking the same thing. Ian or a third team would have to be involved. There's no way they're making it far in the playoffs with the back up bigs they have as starting centers. Even Ian starting at center for them isn't ideal.

Do you think the deal would expand and theyd want Hibbert? Defense is there biggest need and he gives that. Not sure if the deal is worth all that though unless were getting some picks back from them then.

Lucks on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Do you think the deal would expand and theyd want Hibbert? Defense is there biggest need and he gives that. Not sure if the deal is worth all that though unless were getting some picks back from them then.
    The problem with including Hibbert with anyone....especially west is that they then have to throw back another like 18 million in contracts somehow....which would decimate their bench. We would need something like Valanciunas, Ross, Fields, Vasquez, and Patterson....or replace on of the last 3 with someone like Lou Williams, Chuck Hayes, or Amir Johnson just to make the numbers work....so probably a 3rd team able to take on salary would be needed there.

If you are talking about Roy instead of West, that could probably be done.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast