Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 107
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,098
    A team to watch that may be interested in West now is Portland. Just lost Aldridge for 6-8 weeks. I would love to get Thomas Robinson or CJ McCollum. The bad part is getting salaries to work with them with West in the deal thought...it would probably have to involve Sideshow Bob or quite a few more players and I don't know how important he is to their team or if they would put him in a deal like that...would be great because it gives us either 2 starting caliber centers, and flexibility for whatever we would do with Roy. As a swap I could see Scola being a target as well most likely for McCollum if they believe Robinson can hold the fort at the 4. They need help at PF with him going down and we have options for them.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-23-2015 at 10:00 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    A team to watch that may be interested in West now is Portland. Just lost Aldridge for 6-8 weeks. I would love to get Thomas Robinson or CJ McCollum. The bad part is getting salaries to work with them with West in the deal thought...it would probably have to involve Sideshow Bob or quite a few more players and I don't know how important he is to their team or if they would put him in a deal like that...would be great because it gives us either 2 starting caliber centers, and flexibility for whatever we would do with Roy. As a swap I could see Scola being a target as well most likely for McCollum if they believe Robinson can hold the fort at the 4. They need help at PF with him going down and we have options for them.
    I thought the same thing when I heard the news about Aldridge. If West is in agreement, I just think it's time to move him for a younger piece or a pick. Sort of the same way Dale Davis was moved to Portland for JO back in the day. Of course Larry may prefer to have the cap space when both West and Hibbert come off the books, but we all know how difficult it can be to bring top level free agents to Indy. Although I wonder if Paul George would have the pull to bring someone in to play next to him. We'll see.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    The only issue I see with the west trade, is that Perkins right now for them is about 9.5m expiring while West I believes has an option for 12...I think it is player option. So they would be trading away Perkins' guaranteed cap relief plus Jackson's something like 2.5-3 (don't know exact numbers) for a possible relief in West and a one year rental in Stucky. They might as well just let them expire unless they think the Combo of West and Stucky over Perkins and Jackson gives them a better shot of a title right now. Unless we threw in a draft pick I don't see any reason for OKC to make a trade like this unless either Jackson is becoming a locker room problem since Waiters came in or we throw in a draft pick, which it would have to be something other than this years.
    Yep, it all depends on how OKC views Perkins. Is he more valuable as an expiring trading chip or just as an expiring contract.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/1...ppen/21130473/

    Michael Carter Williams. Go get him bird.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/1...ppen/21130473/

    Michael Carter Williams. Go get him bird.
    As long as it isn't this years 1st rounder I wouldn't mind the trade they have up.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/1...ppen/21130473/

    Michael Carter Williams. Go get him bird.
    I like MCW, but I don't know how much credibility this article has. 1.) Mahinmi is not an expiring. 2.) I don't consider him perfect for Vogel's current system. He shoots 38%, 25% from 3, and 64% from the free throw line.

    I do like the idea of acquiring him and starting him with George Hill at the 2, but I can't shake the feeling that Solo AND a 1st is too much.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    I like MCW, but I don't know how much credibility this article has. 1.) Mahinmi is not an expiring. 2.) I don't consider him perfect for Vogel's current system. He shoots 38%, 25% from 3, and 64% from the free throw line.

    I do like the idea of acquiring him and starting him with George Hill at the 2, but I can't shake the feeling that Solo AND a 1st is too much.
    I think that he and Hill would play that ambiguous back court combo where both are playing half of each role...kind of like Hill and Lance did where the labels of which position didn't really matter.

    But yea....this is just most likely an article written to be written and I didn't even know AOL still was a thing.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,098
    I've been seeing a lot of Toronto as a potential spot for West...but aside form maybe Vasquez and Patterson I don't see much that stands out that they would be willing to trade....and really Vasquez really just stands out because I have liked him since he was at Maryland. They have a bunch of PFs that aren't great, and aren't young enough to think they could take a big leap with more playing time. I guess they do have a #1 they could trade and I believe it is 2016 from either NYK or Denver whichever is worse, but I just don't see that win/win that would make Larry jump at the opportunity unless we want a bunch of expiring contracts and maybe the pick. IMO best case we get Patterson and the pick...then expirings to fill out the rest, but that seems like a steep price for them to pay for west. the only reason I even mentioned Patterson is because he is still young enough to make that jump...but it better be soon.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of Toronto as a potential spot for West...but aside form maybe Vasquez and Patterson I don't see much that stands out that they would be willing to trade....and really Vasquez really just stands out because I have liked him since he was at Maryland. They have a bunch of PFs that aren't great, and aren't young enough to think they could take a big leap with more playing time. I guess they do have a #1 they could trade and I believe it is 2016 from either NYK or Denver whichever is worse, but I just don't see that win/win that would make Larry jump at the opportunity unless we want a bunch of expiring contracts and maybe the pick. IMO best case we get Patterson and the pick...then expirings to fill out the rest, but that seems like a steep price for them to pay for west. the only reason I even mentioned Patterson is because he is still young enough to make that jump...but it better be soon.
    We are in agreement on Vasquez. I really don't see why this guy hasn't stuck with a team. He has excelled every time that he has been asked to start. Maybe because he doesn't really wow you in any area, but he's just a solid play maker. I think he would be a great fit in the backcourt with GHill.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    We are in agreement on Vasquez. I really don't see why this guy hasn't stuck with a team. He has excelled every time that he has been asked to start. Maybe because he doesn't really wow you in any area, but he's just a solid play maker. I think he would be a great fit in the backcourt with GHill.
    Yea he has size...he can slash, he can shoot, he can pass...not sure about his defense but he certainly has the size to guard positions 1-3 depending on the opponent and can absolutely create a miss match on the offensive side of the floor. He is never going to be a superstar, but he doesn't have the attitude that he has to be one. I just think he brings a lot of what lance did to the table without the attitude.

    Yes when Vasquez got starting minutes in NO he averaged 14 and 9....his turnovers were a little high, but I agree he is the type of player we need with Hill...they could feed off each other. Vasquez is shooting a little low on percentage right now, and he is never going to win a 3 point contest, but you are right, he is just a solid all around player at least offensively that can do it all well but nothing great and gives us that defensive flexibility with him having the size at least to guard 1-3, GH able to guard 1-2, and Solo (PG when he gets back) able to guard the best player and they just fill in.

    I haven't seen Vasquez live except for one or two games a year since Maryland...but I remember him taking them to the ACC finals almost single handedly and he wowed me with his overall skill and maturity, so I'm just hoping I'm not remembering that fondly and hope he is that player, so I'm glad to see someone else agrees.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    As long as it isn't this years 1st rounder I wouldn't mind the trade they have up.

    why no first rounder?? do you know of a player that we will get that is going to be a rookie of the year??? just dont know why giving them a first rounder would matter. rest of guys are just throw ins.

    Hibbert to toronto for Jonas would be solid as well

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    why no first rounder?? do you know of a player that we will get that is going to be a rookie of the year??? just dont know why giving them a first rounder would matter. rest of guys are just throw ins.

    Hibbert to toronto for Jonas would be solid as well
    A first rounder doesn't bother me....I guess I would even be able to stomach a lottery protected pick going including possibly this years (only if we make the playoffs). It is the giving up a lottery pick that we seldom see come our way that I don't want to see.

    I really think Solo is more of a sought after trade piece than you think...as well as Ian is a big man who is cheap and everyone is looking for one of those.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Frank Isola@FisolaNYDN

    OKC was close to trading Reggie Jackson to Denver, according to a source. He is expected to be moved before the deadline.

    It's no secret that I would LOVE to see Reggie Jackson here. I don't care who you have to move to do it other than PG of course. I would actually love to see a Reggie Jackson, George Hill, Paul George lineup. Hill's 6' 9" wingspan and Reggie's crazy 7' wingspan would help negate having two 6' 3" guards in the backcourt. Obviously David or Roy would have to be involved to have any chance of re-signing Reggie in the offseason. I'm excited to make the transition from slow and plodding to fast and athletic! Let's get started this year!!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    Frank Isola@FisolaNYDN

    OKC was close to trading Reggie Jackson to Denver, according to a source. He is expected to be moved before the deadline.

    It's no secret that I would LOVE to see Reggie Jackson here. I don't care who you have to move to do it other than PG of course. I would actually love to see a Reggie Jackson, George Hill, Paul George lineup. Hill's 6' 9" wingspan and Reggie's crazy 7' wingspan would help negate having two 6' 3" guards in the backcourt. Obviously David or Roy would have to be involved to have any chance of re-signing Reggie in the offseason. I'm excited to make the transition from slow and plodding to fast and athletic! Let's get started this year!!
    I'm not sure we could get Roy in there to be honest. Maybe we could get Perkins and Reggie jackson but without some math I wouldn't know that. I know West with Perkins and Jackson works with a few filler coming from us, but to get either it will most likely take Perkins to come here...and I don't know how they feel about him. Part of the problem I see with trading with OKC is that Jackson's contract is so low, and they have most of their money tied up in undtradable players that matching any contracts aside from a few low ones isn't going to be easy...maybe with a 3rd team it might work?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    The silence is deafening! You know it's a tough year when I'm excited about a game solely because of the jerseys that will be worn! Good God!! Do something!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •