Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Indiana Pacers Offseason 2016

There is much up for debate this offseason and the franchise is already under significant changes after firing Frank Vogel. The decisions Larry Bird makes this summer will ultimately determine the fate of the franchise for what could be a decade. Use this thread for any ideas, opinions, reactions and transactions and it should be an exciting summer!

I guess it all begins with finding a new coach, even though Larry himself said Frank was "the best." The one popular option that I do not want is Brian Shaw. The Nuggets players seriously did not like him. There are good tough coaches and then there are tough coaches that aren't good. In Denver he would take away phones, tried to rap scouting reports (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/denv...-rap-ty-lawson) and just doesn't have a good feel of being a head coach.

The Pacers have all the leverage in any PG trade talk so Bird would squash any deal that isn't in the Pacers significant favor. You can't trade a proven elite NBA talent like PG unless you get copious amounts of upside in return. But whose to say Indy can't sign another max player this offseason? I think Conley is a definite possibility and a more optimistic outlook could lead one to believe there is a chance Derozen joins PG. They are good friends and Myles Turner is proving to be bargaining piece as well.

I just don't want to see the ol sign him but only at the right place crap.
    Stars win in the NBA, not bargains. Bargains are fine after impact players.

George gets the max regardless. No bargaining. Itll be whether he wants to be here or not. So my advice to Bird, Dont push the PF crap on him or ull lose him.

Lucks on our side

I seriously hope they make a play for DeMar DeRozen. At least get him for a visit with his buddy Paul George. They played basketball against each other in high school and have much respect for one another The addition of DeRozan would make Indiana a top 3 team in the east tomorrow. Probably gets us to the ECF for sure. LA sounds nice on paper for these guys, but the clearest path to the Finals in in the East.

On the flip side as a Raps fan, could you se PG actually getting moved and what would it take to get him? To me, he is one of if not the most complete player in the association.