Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Offseasons

Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    I can see a team drafting purely for fit like the Pats did with Jamie Collins a few years ago. And look at him now, dude is a stud in that defense. They could take any one of these 3 guys based on scheme.

I dont know much about the other 2, I know they’re good but i’ve been looking into Perryman and he’s the type of guy who lives and breathes football. I think teams will fall in love with his attitude, not to mention his style of play. But that is all just hearsay as of now, we will find out after this week at the senior bowl.
    Kendricks loves football too, his whole family does. His brother Mychal plays for Philadelphia and has started since rookie year.

Kendricks is 6'0 230...slightly better than Perryman.

McKinney is s monster 6'5 240 and a crucial part of that nasty Mississippi State defense that was tearing up the SEC.

Perryman would be considered undersized in the NFL.

Perryman looks to be a mid-late 2nd, Kendricks and McKinney are mid/late 1st - early 2nd rounders.

I could see Perryman rising up to early 2nd. He could be a good MLB, maybe even the one for us. He is not a better prospect than these other 2.

Kendricks 6’0 230 and Perryman 5’11 240. I woudlnt really say being 1 inch shorter is small especially when he has 10 extra lbs. I mean I get the NFL considers them small but they would both be deemed too small if that were the case. Everyone said David was too small as well and he’s a top 5 LB in the league so I’m not worried. I’ll take instinct over size any day and that’s exactly what Perryman has, he has a nose for the ball carrier.

Do you guys like Bud Dupree??? Just thinking of guys who are in that 20 range if we do trade with Philly.

You have 0 context, you've already admitted you have very limited knowledge of the other 2. Without knowing them you have an opinion with no base.

Do you legitimately believe they're possible 1st round ILBS and don't have instincts and a nose for the ball? That's foolish and exposes your opinions as baseless.

Kendricks has better instincts and better size. Perryman is a slightly better tackler but not the playmaker that Kendricks is.

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could be right but broken clocks are right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Do you guys like Bud Dupree??? Just thinking of guys who are in that 20 range if we do trade with Philly.
    Hell no, he's a 3rd round pick at best in my eyes. Draft community is very split on him.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    You have 0 context, you've already admitted you have very limited knowledge of the other 2. Without knowing them you have an opinion with no base.

Do you legitimately believe they're possible 1st round ILBS and don't have instincts and a nose for the ball? That's foolish and exposes your opinions as baseless.

Kendricks has better instincts and better size. Perryman is a slightly better tackler but not the playmaker that Kendricks is.

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could be right but broken clocks are right twice a day.

I have watched a lot of Perryman and read scouting reports on him. I have only read about the other 2. My opinion is that Perryman would be a good fit. Yours is that Kendricks is a better fit. Is the one inch height diff really that big of a selling point?? I mean he also is 10 lbs lighter and I dont know if you have seen Perryman but he is solid muscle(looks like a shorter Patrick Willis). You keep telling me that Kendricks is better bc he is 1 inch taller so it’s opinion vs opinion. We could both be right or wrong.

From what I have been reading in scouting reports: McKinney will be a 2 down thumper which could help if we bring in an extra CB on 3rd down. Kendricks is an athletic freak who can make plays with his speed and athleticism who is not as good in pass coverage. I think he would be a better blitzer as well. Perryman’s faults are him being short and biting on play action, but he is very good in pass coverage and takes great angles to tackle. So I really only want Kendricks or Perryman since they could play 3 downs.

I’m also talking about who will be available to pick at 34. Mckinney will be long gone and Kendricks is a toss up. I’ve seen him mocked pretty high as well. So those 2 are probably gone by the time we pick again unless we trade back up into the 1st. Which in that case, I would be all for Kendricks, but I think we could sit back and take Perryman and get just as good a player for our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    I have watched a lot of Perryman and read scouting reports on him. I have only read about the other 2. My opinion is that Perryman would be a good fit. Yours is that Kendricks is a better fit. Is the one inch height diff really that big of a selling point?? I mean he also is 10 lbs lighter and I dont know if you have seen Perryman but he is solid muscle(looks like a shorter Patrick Willis). You keep telling me that Kendricks is better bc he is 1 inch taller so it’s opinion vs opinion. We could both be right or wrong.

From what I have been reading in scouting reports: McKinney will be a 2 down thumper which could help if we bring in an extra CB on 3rd down. Kendricks is an athletic freak who can make plays with his speed and athleticism who is not as good in pass coverage. I think he would be a better blitzer as well. Perryman’s faults are him being short and biting on play action, but he is very good in pass coverage and takes great angles to tackle. So I really only want Kendricks or Perryman since they could play 3 downs.

I’m also talking about who will be available to pick at 34. Mckinney will be long gone and Kendricks is a toss up. I’ve seen him mocked pretty high as well. So those 2 are probably gone by the time we pick again unless we trade back up into the 1st. Which in that case, I would be all for Kendricks, but I think we could sit back and take Perryman and get just as good a player for our defense.
    Reading and watching are completely different things. What I see is a 3 down LB with a high ceiling.. A guy with his elite athletic ability and size combo at the Mike position hasn't been seen since Brian Urlacher IMO

He has the potential to exceed in coverage in our type of defense, his straight line recovery speed is there and looking at his fluid motion alone he definitely has the ability to drop back in the middle of the field. He does have issues in space when it comes to coverage but that can get cleaned up by our coaching. He'd be in good hands with Lovie and Nickerson.

Helluva prospect and after his combine numbers he'll be a 1st round pick. There's hope he falls to us in the 2nd round but that's just the way it looks now though.

The process will expose all prospects.

^I agree about McKinney even though I slightly prefer Kendricks.

McKinney ceiling is the definitely the hIghest due to his size and athleticism. If his coverage game was more developed he'd be a clear cut #1 ILB.

But what do I know I've only been watching him since his 2012 when I was heavily scouting this Mississipp State CB named Johnthan Banks and a young freshman LB caught my eye.

I've watched him develop for 3 years and this year he was one of the leaders of a great defense that carried that team on its back to the best season in school.history.
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 01-25-2015 at 10:06 AM.

^^^ x2

Kendricks is the top dog at ILB but if Benardrick McKinney puts it all together he'll end up being the better of the two

McKinney will be long gone by the time we pick at 34. He will be a good LB most likely but from all the reports I see says he struggles in coverage compared to the other 2. Kendricks and Perryman are much better in that aspect. Kendricks may very well have a higher ceiling since he’s more of a raw talent. Both would be a great addition at ILB.

CUTS
    FS- Dashon Goldson
    OT- Anthony Collins
    QB- Josh McCown
    P- Michael Koenen

RESIGN
    LB- Danny Lansanah
    SS- Bradley McDougald
    DE- Adrian Clayborn
    SS- Major Wright
    RB- Bobby Rainy
    TE- Luke Stocker
    LB- Orie Lemon

FREE AGENTS
    DE- Brian Orakpo
    FS- Antrell Rolle
    RB- Frank Gore
    CB- Charles Tillman
    CB- Walter Thurmond
    RT- Joe Barksdale
    QB- Mike Vick

DRAFT

**Trade**
    Tampa trades pick 65, 154, and 2016 draft pick to Pittsburgh for pick 56

Tampa trades Mike Glennon to Tennessee for pick 66 and 161

Tampa trades Doug Martin to Jacksonville for pick 100 and a conditional 2016 selection

1-1, Jameis Winston, QB, FSU
    2-34, Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami
    2-56, Nate Orchard, DE, Utah
    3-66, Reese Dismukes, OC, Auburn
    4-100, Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State
    4-106, Josh Shaw, CB, USC
    5-159, Jarvis Harrison, OG, Texas A&M
    6-161, Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis
    6-168, Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama
    7-193, Taiwan Jones, LB, MSU

DEPTH CHART
    QB- Winston, Vick
    RB- Gore, Sims, Rainey, James
    FB- Fowler
    WR- Jackson, Murphy, Lockett
    WR- Evens, Herron, Sheppard
    TE- ASJ, Myers, Stocker
    LT- Dotson
    LG- Mankind, Edwards
    OC- Dismukes, Omemeh
    RG-EDS, Harrison
    RT- Barksdale, Pomphile

LE- Johnson, Clayborn
    DT-McCoy, Gholston
    DT-McDonald, Spence
    RE-Orakpo, Smith, Orchard
    SLb- Lansanah, Jones
    MLB-Perryman, lemon
    WLB- David
    CB- Verner, Tillman
    CB- Banks, Shaw
    NB- Thurmond, McCain
    FS- Rolle, Tandy
    SS- McDougald, Wright

K-
    P-
    LS-
    Last edited by chris05676; 01-28-2015 at 02:39 AM.

Resigned/Tendered

Bobby Rainey
    Bradley McDougald
    Danny Lansanah
    Orie Lemon
    Dane Fletcher
    Major Wright
    Leonard Johnson
    Luke Stocker

Cut/Not-resigned

Dashon Goldson
    Anthony Collins
    Michael Koenen
    Garrett Gilkey
    Adrian Clayborn
    Mike Jenkins
    Da’Quan Bowers
    Oniel Cousins
    Larry English
    Mason Foster
    Jorvorskie Lane

-NFL Free Agency-
    Bryan Bulaga
    Pernell McPhee
    Charles Tillman
    Chris Conte

-Draft Day Trades-

NYJ trade up to the 1st overall pick giving up their 2015/2016 1st and 2nd round picks to the BUCS

Traded Mike Glennon to STL for a 2016 3rd round pick

Traded a 2016 7th round pick to the Cardinals for ILB Daryl Washington (pick turns into a 6th rounder if he remains on roster)

BUCS trade up into the top of the 5th round (giving up both their 6th rounders)

-2015 NFL Draft Class-

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
    2. A.J. Cann, OG, SC
    2. Lorenzo Mauldin, DE, Louisville
    3. D'Joun Smith, CB, Florida Atlantic
    4. Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami
    5. B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State
    5. Jake Ryan, ILB, Michigan
    7. Kyle Loomis, P, Portland State

UDFA
    Imoan Claiborne, CB, Northwestern State
    Aaron Ripkowski, FB, Oklahoma

•Offense•

QB
    Josh McCown
    Marcus Mariota

RB
    Doug Martin
    Charles Sims
    Bobby Rainey
    Mike James

FB
    Aaron Ripkowski

WR
    Mike Evans
    Vincent Jackson
    Louis Murphy
    Phillip Dorsett
    Russell Shepard
    Robert Herron

TE
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Brandon Myers
    Luke Stocker

LT
    Demar Dotson

LG
    Logan Mankins
    Kadeem Edwards

C
    Evan Dietrich-Smith
    B.J. Finney

RG
    A.J. Cann
    Patrick Omameh

RT
    Bryan Bulaga
    Kevin Pamphile

•Defense•

LDE
    Pernell McPhee
    Lorenzo Mauldin
    T.J. Fatinikun

RDE
    Michael Johnson
    Jacquies Smith

DT
    Gerald McCoy
    William Gholston

NT
    Clinton McDonald
    Akeem Spence

SLB
    Danny Lansanah
    Dane Fletcher

MLB
    Daryl Washington
    Jake Ryan

WLB
    Lavonte David
    Orie Lemon

LCB
    Alterraun Verner
    Imoan Claiborne

RCB
    Johnthan Banks
    Charles Tillman

Nickel
    D'Joun Smith
    Leonard Johnson

FS
    Chris Conte
    Keith Tandy

SS
    Bradley McDougald
    Major Wright

•Special Teams•

P
    Kyle Loomis

PK
    Patrick Murray

KO
    Patrick Murray

LS
    Andrew DePaola

PR
    Phillip Dorsett

KR
    Phillip Dorsett
    Mike James

I was gonna go with a Tackle in the first round, there's four guys to choose from but signing a guy like Bryan Bulaga who brings a vet presence and some continuity to our OL is sorely needed. BUCS could possibly pry him away from GB just like they did with EDS

So it was down to Mariota or Fowler Jr. for me.. I could see PHI trading ahead of us with WAS and taking Mariota which would open the door to selecting the Florida pass rusher instead

But the main reason I chose Mariota is because I believe Lovie/Licht are going to love him after the draft process

I don't like the idea but I see them being sold on him.
    Last edited by bucc4life; 01-28-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Typo.

^^Chris, me and you havent agreed much lately but I really like that mock. I think I would swap Dismukes with Laken Tomlinson OG from Duke and call that pretty good.

Those trades in both of your mocks are a bit unreal for us. We arent exactly draft day savvy and wheel and deal but I really wish we would start. All good teams build through the draft (Pats, 9ers, Seahawks, Pack etc). I’m gonna wait til after the combine to post my mock again bc from now til then a lot will change.

I'm hoping we don't throw big money at a guard this offseason I mean the top 6 guards according to cbs Cann, Tomlinson, Jackson, Kouandjio, Matias, and Miller all could start for us from day 1 and be an immediate upgrade. Bulaga and Barksdale I could get behind as free agents.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast