Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Mock Offseasons

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I don't mind Johnson as much as some. He wasn't healthy much last year. I would give him 1 more year and go from there. His dead money won't be as bad if he can't get in form this year.

    I'm not a real fan of the UCLA kid he drafted in 2nd round.

    If we can get a starting LE in free agency to go with the 3 we got then I think we'd be good this year and could possibly draft a guy early next year
    I hear you about dead money. I read that we would be saving a mere 2 mil if we cut him. I am all for giving him a chance to redeem himself as long as that doesn't come with an automatic starting spot or even spot on the roster. I saw the guy thrown around like a rag doll too many times, and even playing at 80%, that is disgraceful.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Syracuse,NY
    Posts
    1,283
    Okay guys, my first ever MOCK OFFSEASON ever!!!!

    #1 Draft a QB in the 1st round named Winston, or Marriota.
    #2 Draft a Guard in the draft. (rounds 2 or 3)
    #3 Fix the damn O-line in FA
    #4 Adress Edge rusher/DE situation by bringing in or drafting at least 1 starter level guy to help. (Rounds 2-3+FA)
    #5 Cut or restructure Goldson's contract
    #6 Find another CB to add depth and help compete at nickel.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,979
    Quote Originally Posted by hammy44 View Post
    Okay guys, my first ever MOCK OFFSEASON ever!!!!

    #1 Draft a QB in the 1st round named Winston, or Marriota.
    #2 Draft a Guard in the draft. (rounds 2 or 3)
    #3 Fix the damn O-line in FA
    #4 Adress Edge rusher/DE situation by bringing in or drafting at least 1 starter level guy to help. (Rounds 2-3+FA)
    #5 Cut or restructure Goldson's contract
    #6 Find another CB to add depth and help compete at nickel.
    I agree with all these points

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,054
    So Iíve been looking into what to do with the DE situation. Yea MJ had a bad year but he was playin with injuries all year so perhaps he can get back to form this year. His best year came when him and Geno Atkins played a full healthy season together so I think we can recreate that with GMC.

    The other thing is that we found Jacquies Smith and the dude had 6.5 sacks in 7 starts. I think he could be a full time starter for us at RE. I think we should offer Clayborn a 1 year deal for cheap and use him on obvious running downs since he does very well there. I do think we need to find another DE/DT to keep in on rotation since GMC played almost every snap and weíre gonna need him to be healthy down the road. So an extra DT might do us some good as well, just a role player type. But I think a rotation of Smith, MJ, and Clayborn might not be too shabby. We could obviously use an extra DE but I think taking a guy in the later rounds and developing them on rotation would be good too. I dont want to pay another DE to come in and be like MJ. If MJ sucks again cut him next year and then pay big money for a DE.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,979
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    So Iíve been looking into what to do with the DE situation. Yea MJ had a bad year but he was playin with injuries all year so perhaps he can get back to form this year. His best year came when him and Geno Atkins played a full healthy season together so I think we can recreate that with GMC.

    The other thing is that we found Jacquies Smith and the dude had 6.5 sacks in 7 starts. I think he could be a full time starter for us at RE. I think we should offer Clayborn a 1 year deal for cheap and use him on obvious running downs since he does very well there. I do think we need to find another DE/DT to keep in on rotation since GMC played almost every snap and weíre gonna need him to be healthy down the road. So an extra DT might do us some good as well, just a role player type. But I think a rotation of Smith, MJ, and Clayborn might not be too shabby. We could obviously use an extra DE but I think taking a guy in the later rounds and developing them on rotation would be good too. I dont want to pay another DE to come in and be like MJ. If MJ sucks again cut him next year and then pay big money for a DE.
    His best season is his only one over 6 sacks. that 1 season isn't his form the other 5 are. The 1 was an anomaly.

    Johnson exclusively plays RE, we need to find an answer at LE if he stays. Clayborn belongs being a backup rotational guy somewhere, I wish it was here but who knows.

    I don't think Smith is a starter. IMO we need 1 starting DE if MJ is gone we need 2.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    His best season is his only one over 6 sacks. that 1 season isn't his form the other 5 are. The 1 was an anomaly.

    Johnson exclusively plays RE, we need to find an answer at LE if he stays. Clayborn belongs being a backup rotational guy somewhere, I wish it was here but who knows.

    I don't think Smith is a starter. IMO we need 1 starting DE if MJ is gone we need 2.
    I meant Smith/Clayborn at LE. Basically using those 2 guys to fulfill the need at LE. I would like to find someone else in the draft to back up all of those guys and maybe even win the starting job at LE. If we go out and grab an Orakpo or JPP or someone like that then Iím all for that too. But I think we should offer Clayborn a 1-2 year deal thatís incentive based.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,979
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    I meant Smith/Clayborn at LE. Basically using those 2 guys to fulfill the need at LE. I would like to find someone else in the draft to back up all of those guys and maybe even win the starting job at LE. If we go out and grab an Orakpo or JPP or someone like that then Iím all for that too. But I think we should offer Clayborn a 1-2 year deal thatís incentive based.
    I hear what youre saying, similar to the OL its not ridiculous, its reasonable and could happen. Would just do it slightly different than each other. I want Clayborn on a longer term depth contract.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I hear what youre saying, similar to the OL its not ridiculous, its reasonable and could happen. Would just do it slightly different than each other. I want Clayborn on a longer term depth contract.
    I would want him to stay healthy and prove that he can before doing a long term deal. Maybe I would do a 2 year deal but he gets hurt every other year so iím nervous haha. Iím hoping the only reason we didnt pick up the 5th year option is bc it was for 7 mil. Very good role player and great against the run but not an edge rusher.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •