Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Angels acquired 3B Kyle Kubitza and RHP Nate Hyatt

"Angels acquired 3B Kyle Kubitza and RHP Nate Hyatt from the Braves in exchange for LHP Ricardo Sanchez.

Kubitza, 24, was added to the Braves' 40-man roster in November after batting .295/.405/.470 with eight home runs and 21 stolen bases over 132 games in Double-A last season. David Freese is set for free agency after the season, so it's possible Kubitza could compete for the third base job as soon as 2016." -rotoworld

Makin moves! More infield depth, hopefully him and Boldoquin become the future of the left side of our infield.

I don't think its a bad pick up. I don't mind the trade, but I can't say I'm as excited as some other Angel fans are about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    I don't think its a bad pick up. I don't mind the trade, but I can't say I'm as excited as some other Angel fans are about it.
    9 of our top 10 prospects in the minors are pitchers...we have a fair amount of "depth" there. I'd like to think that with the addition of Heaney and Newcomb soon well get a couple of arms at the big league level soon. A solid defensive and offensive 3rd baseman will be a welcomed addition. I'm actually interested to see what Baldoquin can do....i haven't seen much of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    9 of our top 10 prospects in the minors are pitchers...we have a fair amount of "depth" there. I'd like to think that with the addition of Heaney and Newcomb soon well get a couple of arms at the big league level soon. A solid defensive and offensive 3rd baseman will be a welcomed addition. I'm actually interested to see what Baldoquin can do....i haven't seen much of his game.
    Yea, I think it was a good move in the sense that we need 3rd basemen depth and are pretty loaded with young pitching depth. Ricardo Sanchez was probably 5-6 years away from playing in the major leagues, and Kubitza seems to be pretty close to getting there. I just don't know if he will be as good as some people think he will be. But, we really don't have many other options to choose from. Cowhart has been a total bust.

As for Baldoquin, I haven't seen much of his game either, aside from that batting and fielding practice clip. He looked pretty damn impressive in that clip, but a lot of prospects look impressive in batting and fielding practice. 8 million is a lot to give a prospect, so hopefully the Angels know what they're doing in that regard. We spent all of our international money pretty much. I was hoping to be able to get Vladdy Jr., but after the 8 million we gave to Baldoquin, that ship has pretty much sailed. I think we have about $300,000 left that we can spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    As for Baldoquin, I haven't seen much of his game either, aside from that batting and fielding practice clip. He looked pretty damn impressive in that clip, but a lot of prospects look impressive in batting and fielding practice. 8 million is a lot to give a prospect, so hopefully the Angels know what they're doing in that regard. We spent all of our international money pretty much. I was hoping to be able to get Vladdy Jr., but after the 8 million we gave to Baldoquin, that ship has pretty much sailed. I think we have about $300,000 left that we can spend.
    We'll we havent really been involved in the international market since Kendry, so i'm hoping that Dipoto really liked what he saw from this kid. Giving him a year or two to get some seasoning in the minors would help, or perhaps the plan is to give him until the trade deadline and ship off aybar and bring him up. I would really like to see just a consistently solid defense on that side and some decent OBP from these 2 youngsters.

I agree with what your saying totally. It will be interesting to see what these two can do on that side of the infield. As for signing Vladdy Jr, it would actually be smart for the angels to bid this year and get him. We already went over the total we can spend from the 8mil on Baldoquin. (by our signing of baldo it puts us over already). Basically we have been punished and there is no further punishment for signing more or spending on players internationally this period. So essentially this is the year to spend because we wont be able to spend internationally the next two years.

secondarily.. anyone got some further statistics on both minor league players we got.. only saw your basic stats, and what are eta to big show?