Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Should Phil have kept Tyson and traded him mid-season?

Given the resurgent year, did Phil succumb to the same thing that happened to MJ? He traded Tyson after an injury prone season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Given the resurgent year, did Phil succumb to the same thing that happened to MJ? He traded Tyson after an injury prone season.
    If the Cavs problems were foreseeable, then yes. Hindsight is 20/20. The deal with the Mavs made sense for both sides back before the season started. As for Tyson being a Knick now, he wouldn't have the same #s. Remember, Fat Felton was the starting PG for the Knicks. The Knicks did get Calderon. They will lose out on Larkin and the picks are relatively insignificant. The deal for the Knicks didn't work out so well since they just got spare change and cap space because how bad Dalembert has been.

If the Cavs traded for Chandler right now, assuming he was a Knick, they would've needed to traded Dion Waiters, a 1st, and contracts to matchup the money.

Nope. Nobody was really beating down the door to get him at the time. He was labeled as not only over the hill but questionable health and a malcontent to boot. Dallas just so happened to be the perfect scenario for him, if they didn't t him then they would've got him later. Cuban admits that he screwed up letting him go in the first place...

As a Raptors fan i'm glad the Cavs didn't get the chance to trade for Chandler.

They took fatty ,that made that trade acceptable

If the Knicks had held onto Tyson for another half a season we would have more than 5 wins now which wouldn't be good for our tanking opportunities.

I'm glad we traded him when we did.

are we sure tyson would have still bounced back playing in ny? besides injuries i think just being back in a healthy environment is why he bounced back....though i think phil should have held out for picks

Tyson would have been complete and utter garbage in the triangle. I don't think we have run a high pick and roll all season.

at the knick way, I mentioned how the Tyson trade keeps getting worse and worse.

Larkin, Early, and Thananis don't seem as if they'll be back.
    We got rid of Felton's 4.5 contract next season, but we got back Calderon's 7 million

So in essence, we traded Tyson just to "upscale" from Felton to Calderon (at a more expensive contract). Don't get me wrong, Calderon IS TONS better than Felton, but not worth it.

It seems like it was a mistake. We'll have to see if Larkin, Early, or Thananis end up being of any use. If at least 1 of them is a factor for 2015, then it was an ok trade (though I still don't like taking on Calderon)

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Tyson would have been complete and utter garbage in the triangle. I don't think we have run a high pick and roll all season.
    exactly what I was going to say. Tyson, is not helping on this Knicks roster with this offense.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Most of his resurgence probably has to do with his new team and surroundings, not sure his value would change much on Knicks. Also they may have played a little better with him and not been in the same position for a top pick (although not much better).

This was a horrible trade for NY. He could have kept Chandler and traded him for Jackson from OKC. They are not going to match for Jackson this summer so they would want to get something for him. OKC was also willing to give up a first round pick for Dion Waiters who sucks. I am sure they would appreciate a defensive big like Chandler who is coming off the books this year.

Knick fans were excited when they thought they got Jackson. You could have had him with out Calderons horrible contract to boot.

Cleanthony Early's game is tight. Josh Howard 2.o

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Nah, they should have traded him in the offseason, but making a different trade instead.

I clearly remember all (95%) the kyk fans telling me how bad Tyson is going to be and Jose is going to fit so well... But you know the funny part? There's a thread in the knicks about how Sammy d is better than Tyson lmao!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast