Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Faces of the NBA....Who Got Next?

When you look at great players that changed the game as far as impact on and off the court, perception, popularity and so forth in the modern basketball era ( 80's til present) I believe it goes:

Magic/ Bird

Dr J

MJ

Kobe/ Allen Iverson

Lebron / Wade/ Melo

Now whether we like these players or where we rank them isn't the point, the point is these guys have been the face of the NBA for periods of time. Simple question is who's next? KD? Kyrie? John Wall? Lillard? Who?

Keep in mind its not just about skills you have to take into account charisma and marketability....

KD, Anthony Davis come to mind immediately. Curry/Lillard just keep improving, so I'd guess they'd be in the discussion too.

Quote Originally Posted by InRoseWeTrust:29479657
    KD, Anthony Davis come to mind immediately. Curry/Lillard just keep improving, so I'd guess they'd be in the discussion too.
    I really don't see AD having the swag ( and I hate using that word) to be the next guy though. Everybody knows he has game but I don't know. Curry or Lillard could really do it, especially Lillard with the reputation he's building.

By the way you know that guy was about to be D Rose right? Could still be but the jury is out...

Faces of the NBA....Who Got Next?

When has Melo been the face of the NBA?

Best poster on PSD Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I really don't see AD having the swag ( and I hate using that word) to be the next guy though. Everybody knows he has game but I don't know. Curry or Lillard could really do it, especially Lillard with the reputation he's building.
    This pretty much.

It's gonna be KD and AD

AD, KD, Westbrook, Lilliard, Curry, Irving, Wall, Griffin

future: Parker, Wiggins probably

When you look at great players that changed the game as far as impact on and off the court, perception, popularity and so forth in the modern basketball era ( 80's til present) I believe it goes:

Magic/ Bird

Dr J

MJ

Kobe/ Allen Iverson

Lebron / Wade/ Melo

Now whether we like these players or where we rank them isn't the point, the point is these guys have been the face of the NBA for periods of time. Simple question is who's next? KD? Kyrie? John Wall? Lillard? Who?

Keep in mind its not just about skills you have to take into account charisma and marketability....
    I would put Vince Carter in there too, the guy was leading the votes in the All Star contest, even playing on the Raptors.

KD's the MVP and the cover guy of 2k15, he's already the face of the NBA with Lebron.

The other most popular of the young elite are probably Curry/Harden/AD. Westbrook and BG right there too. And Rose is still maintaining his popularity through ADIDAS.

By the way you know that guy was about to be D Rose right? Could still be but the jury is out...
    Duncan was still a face of the NBA. Dominance supersedes swag.

Curry has 5x the AS votes as Lillard and is #1 in the conference. That gives a good idea of how the two are viewed by the average fan.

kd is already arguably the face of the league,though think curry or ad will be next

A-WIGGGINSs
    Travis Zajac #19

GP 2
    G 2
    A 0
    P 2
    +/- +2
    Face off % 54.3
    SOG 7
    TOI 20:02

Westbrook & Durant

Kd and Lebron are basically the faces of the league already so for the very near future I would say kd, then davis takes it over.

Jusuf Nurkic...

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate:29479843

Magic/ Bird

Dr J

MJ

Kobe/ Allen Iverson

Lebron / Wade/ Melo

I would put Vince Carter in there too, the guy was leading the votes in the All Star contest, even playing on the Raptors.
    Man I slept on Vince. T Mac is in the conversation as well.

As far as Duncan I don't think he was ever a face of the league. He's a model of consistent greatness but a couple of his Finals appearances were some of the lowest watched. Has a lot to do with their market size and his unassuming demeanor.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast