Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

5-23 Pistons go 3-0 post Josh Smith trade

Smith looked good in his first game in Hou but was awful the following games. Pistons have shot 41 for 90 in three pointers in last 3 games and Jodie Meeks has been playing great getting 30 + points last night, looks like a good move on their part so far

For most of the season, the Detroit Pistons knew a lot of their problems would be cured if they just made a few shots.

They finally have the last three games, and the result is their first three-game win streak of the season after Tuesday's 109-86 triumph over the Orlando Magic.

The Pistons shot 46.5 percent from the field. It was their third consecutive game shooting 45 percent or better, which may not seem like much, except it equals the number of times they reached that threshold in their first 28 games, when they were 5-23.

Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said he expects his perceived basketball I.Q. to increase if shots continue to fall.

"When guys are making shots, you look like you can really coach, you really do --'Oh, yeah, that was a nice play they just ran, that was a great decision.' All those things look great when the ball goes in the basket," Van Gundy said. "Players make you look good. Our guys are playing well."
    http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s..._just_luk.html
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 12-31-2014 at 02:12 PM.

How is scoring 21 points on 21 shots count as good?

any shot attempt taken from Smith this year and given to someone else is a good thing.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Josh seemed like a good person so nothing personal but I'm sure as **** glad he's gone. I get its a 3 game sample and I fully expect some struggles coming up but at the very least this team is fun to watch again. It not a chore as a fan to watch the Pistons play. Hopefully they can someone find a way to sneak into the playoffs. We'll be bounced right away but its been seemingly forever since the Pistons have been in the playoffs. I want to watch meaningful postseason basketball (to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    How is scoring 21 points on 21 shots count as good?
    da pointsssssssssssss!

actually 21 on 21 is an improvement for his this year...

My friend in Houston texted me, "please trade Smith now".

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    any shot attempt taken from Smith this year and given to someone else is a good thing.
    Even over Rubio? I'm playing Devil's Advocate here trying to see if there's absolutely noone you'd rather Smith taking a shot over.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Josh seemed like a good person so nothing personal but I'm sure as **** glad he's gone. I get its a 3 game sample and I fully expect some struggles coming up but at the very least this team is fun to watch again. It not a chore as a fan to watch the Pistons play. Hopefully they can someone find a way to sneak into the playoffs. We'll be bounced right away but its been seemingly forever since the Pistons have been in the playoffs. I want to watch meaningful postseason basketball (to me).
    At this point would getting Drummond experience in the playoffs be more important than getting the pick?

Even over Rubio? I'm playing Devil's Advocate here trying to see if there's absolutely noone you'd rather Smith taking a shot over.
    Rubio wouldn't shoot it, but for sure I would

Smith was taking OD bad shoots not shocked doing better
    Be $wavy

Josh Smith 29 points on 34 FGA since joining HOU...

I thought Morey was an advanced stats guy? He's now going to have Smith and Ariza who is almost as bad offensively... in the starting lineup together? Ariza shooting 36%, I believe the lowest % of any 10ppg scorer in the entire league.

At this point would getting Drummond experience in the playoffs be more important than getting the pick?
    The pick is nice but I think our #1 priority is to retain Monroe. If this is another lost season he is as good as gone. He might be gone anyway but if we show signs of actually winning it may be the push he needs to stay (along with all the extra $$$ he can get from us).

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

I thought Morey was an advanced stats guy? He's now going to have Smith and Ariza who is almost as bad offensively... in the starting lineup together? Ariza shooting 36%, I believe the lowest % of any 10ppg scorer in the entire league.
    For what Smith will be paid, he is fine if you control his playing time and usage.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

To be fair to ariza he is playing a role on that team as wing defender and 3 pt shooter/spread the floor. A players fg% isn't the whole story when over half of his attempts are 3 pointers.

Reminds me of the Rudy Gay trade and Toronto except Detroit didn't get anything for Josh Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    To be fair to ariza he is playing a role on that team as wing defender and 3 pt shooter/spread the floor. A players fg% isn't the whole story when over half of his attempts are 3 pointers.
    Problem is, even with all that considered, hes still not efficient. Hes no Battier thats for sure.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast