Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Pick a Knick

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,977

    Pick a Knick

    Phil is hinting Santa is still making his way to Manhattan. So, just curious, what Knick or Knicks do you think might help your team in some way, even if it's a very limited way, and what or who would you give up?

    You're the acting GM of your team and Phil is on the phone, so pretend you already proposed what could be considered your lowball offer, so it's time to be serious.

  2. 12-26-2014, 01:28 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  3. 12-26-2014, 01:33 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  4. 12-26-2014, 01:45 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  5. 12-26-2014, 02:00 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  6. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,553
    Can fish still ball? That be my only guy.

  7. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,165
    #Heat could use Calderon or Bring the boy Hardaway Jr. !
    Be $wavy

  8. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by slaker619 View Post
    #Heat could use Calderon or Bring the boy Hardaway Jr. !
    But who or what would you give to get either or both?

  9. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,764
    Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    But who or what would you give to get either or both?
    Christmas is about giving not receiving,

    you asked who we wanted, not who we would give in return. so much for the giving spirit.

    as far as who the bulls might be interested in, Slight interest in Hardaway, or Shumpert,

    Problem with shump is anyone who trades for him does not own his rights, and the bulls really cant afford to sign him and jimmy next offeason, whether we trade taj or not. so he is really a rental unless he comes back to chicago for cheap, which is is from Il, so maybe.

    I Might consider something along the lines of Shumpert for Tony Snell, Nazr Mohamed and the bulls first round pick, but i dont like giving up a first for a rental. but thats the most bulls would probably give up.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 12-26-2014 at 03:24 AM.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  10. 12-26-2014, 03:32 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  11. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279
    The Cavs could use Dalembert.... give up a first for him.... Or send the Knicks Kyrie and Waiters for Smith, Jose and Dalembert. Not sure that is a great deal, but if gives the Cavs the pass-first point guard who can shoot that they need, a SG, which they also need, and a center, which they also need.

    It does mean sending out a lot of talent... but....
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,089
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn:29436080
    The Cavs could use Dalembert.... give up a first for him.... Or send the Knicks Kyrie and Waiters for Smith, Jose and Dalembert. Not sure that is a great deal, but if gives the Cavs the pass-first point guard who can shoot that they need, a SG, which they also need, and a center, which they also need.

    It does mean sending out a lot of talent... but....
    Getting Kyrie for our trash? Lol. Thanks.

    Dally for a first would be amazing.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    15,426
    IOU for Tim Hardaway Jr.

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    28,892
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Getting Kyrie for our trash? Lol. Thanks.

    Dally for a first would be amazing.

    Sign me up for both lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  15. 12-26-2014, 12:02 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  16. 12-26-2014, 12:16 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,798
    Raptors could use Dalembert in exchange for Daniels and a 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  18. 12-26-2014, 12:43 PM

    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  19. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Christmas is about giving not receiving,

    you asked who we wanted, not who we would give in return. so much for the giving spirit.

    as far as who the bulls might be interested in, Slight interest in Hardaway, or Shumpert,

    Problem with shump is anyone who trades for him does not own his rights, and the bulls really cant afford to sign him and jimmy next offeason, whether we trade taj or not. so he is really a rental unless he comes back to chicago for cheap, which is is from Il, so maybe.

    I Might consider something along the lines of Shumpert for Tony Snell, Nazr Mohamed and the bulls first round pick, but i dont like giving up a first for a rental. but thats the most bulls would probably give up.
    Is this true? I thought trades and waiver pick ups continues Bird rights. Remember when Knicks won Bird's rights for Lin and Novak? They were both picked after being waived. If Shumpert gets traded to Chicago, you think he would want to leave? It's his home town.
    Last edited by IDunknown; 12-26-2014 at 05:53 PM.

  20. 12-26-2014, 05:50 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic Post..It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread. Next one will be an infraction. - SI

  21. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24,560
    Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post
    Is this true? I thought trades and waiver pick ups continues Bird rights. Remember when Knicks won Bird's rights for Lin and Novak? They were both picked after being waived. If Shumpert gets traded to Chicago, you think he would want to leave? It's his home town.
    it more about our desire to bring him back.i'm sure he'll be looking for more than min and we are spending everything on jimmy this summer

  22. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    it more about our desire to bring him back.i'm sure he'll be looking for more than min and we are spending everything on jimmy this summer
    If he has Bird's rights you can sign Jimmy and sign Shumpert for more than the minimum too.
    Last edited by IDunknown; 12-26-2014 at 06:02 PM.

  23. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24,560
    Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post
    If he has Bird's rights you can sign Jimmy and sign him for more than the minimum too.
    after signing jimmy ,we will be looking for a starting sf next.a bench guy(like he would be with us),falls down on the priority list ,we wont go that far into lux to try and keep someone like that ,just not how we operate.

    and for him he will want major pt/starting spot somewhere and would want to get as much as he can,it'll be his first chance at a payday

  24. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey We Go Hard
    Posts
    9,336
    Only players Knicks should keep are Hardaway and Melo, like don't even consider keeping anyone else. Nobody else seems like a good fit going further. Shumpert is what Knick fans failed to realize 3 years ago an overated defender and has no other game.
    If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Peace
    Love
    Happiness

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •