Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

voting poles and alerts

1. I think there should be voting poles in the forums. Sorta like Sportsnation has on ESPN. Make it so anyone can add them, or just have the administrators add them weekly. It would be something to keep people on your site longer, and spark discussions.

2. Alerts when someone posts on discussion that you have previously posted. You would need to be able to select receive alerts when you post a comment. I wouldn't want to get an alert on every post i make. I would like the option to know when someone comments after me, so i can go back and defend myself it i need to.
    Last edited by cgreenhill; 12-23-2014 at 05:21 PM.

What do you mean by voting polls? Anyone can make a thread that contains a poll. Perhaps you mean something outside the thread and at the top of the forum? Personally I think that it helps to keep things less cluttered by keeping those things inside the threads and not inside the forums, but maybe others disagree.

You can get notifications when someone comments. Right above the first post (in this thread yours), select Thread Tools>Subscribe to this Thread. It gives you various options from instant (i.e. when someone posts) or a daily/weekly option. It also gives you a control panel option, but it's less clear without selecting it what that does.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What do you mean by voting polls? Anyone can make a thread that contains a poll. Perhaps you mean something outside the thread and at the top of the forum? Personally I think that it helps to keep things less cluttered by keeping those things inside the threads and not inside the forums, but maybe others disagree.

You can get notifications when someone comments. Right above the first post (in this thread yours), select Thread Tools>Subscribe to this Thread. It gives you various options from instant (i.e. when someone posts) or a daily/weekly option. It also gives you a control panel option, but it's less clear without selecting it what that does.

Thanks I didn't realize that option was there. As for the Polls I actually saw one on here after posting that. It was at the top of the forum and it had bubbles to fill in, and you got the results instantly. That is exactly what I meant. I have only seen it the one time though. I don't know if it will slow down the browsing speeds or anything. I just figured it would give members something else to do on the page while we wait for someone to reply to a thread. For example in the Titans forum, if there was a poll about what what the titans should do with their first pick, or what should they do with the QB situation. That way when members are debating it would give us an idea of what the masses want as well. Also when you are in the news/rumors section of a team you have some stats on the right side of the screen. I think it would be nice if those were in the forum section as well. Like right now if I were debating on which QB was the best for the Titans, i would have to open another tab, and i would probably go to ESPN as opposed to just looking to the right side of the screen. Just throwing ideas out there. I am absolutely happy with the site.

Is there a way to see if a thread has a poll and see the pole results on the PSD app? Didn't want to start a new thread when this one mentioned polls.

Also is there a way to check your inbox on the app?

Thanks for any and all responses in advance!