Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279

    Should the bulls stop doubling down on Derrick Rose?

    I like Derrick Rose as much as the next guy, and I'm hoping he comes back to fill the potential he displayed in his MVP season, but I've seen this before and it seldom has a happy ending. Grant Hill is the best-case scenario, coming back to be a quality starter or 6th man. Penny Hardaway is the most likely scenario. And Rose can hope for a Bernard King-esque recovery, but even Bernard King only got a chance to excel because he got picked up by a lottery team that had nothing to lose, and his recovery only gave him three seasons of All-Star caliber play.

    Is it time for the Bulls to concede that Rose has tragically become Penny Hardaway? Or is it worth it to keep hoping that he will return for form and reach his potential?

    I mean, Noah and Gibson are 29 now. Butler is looking great, and they got some quality vets in Gasol and Dunleavy, but both are 34. Is it time to just move forward and look for a point guard that is healthy enough to at least show up for more than 2/3rd of the games?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    You realize he's not hurt right now right? He's sick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Lmao.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    42,808
    You couldn't wait till after tonight's game to post this? You saw what the Pistons got for a healthy Smith? Nothing now imagine what a team would give for a guy who hasn't played for the last 2 years + not staying injuring free this year?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,094
    Don't bother man. Bulls fans are in complete denial about what Rose is and what he'll become. His stats are absolutely atrocious this year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    42,808
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Don't bother man. Bulls fans are in complete denial about what Rose is and what he'll become. His stats are absolutely atrocious this year.
    He's our problem stop worrying about him. It's annoying.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    He's our problem stop worrying about him. It's annoying.
    "Haters gonna hate." - Taylor Swift.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    He's our problem stop worrying about him. It's annoying.
    This is a forum where fans come to discuss certain topics. I'm sure you never once said anything negative bout Carmelo Anthony ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    This is a forum where fans come to discuss certain topics. I'm sure you never once said anything negative bout Carmelo Anthony ?
    "...hate, hate, hate, hate." - Taylor Swift.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279
    Quote Originally Posted by InRoseWeTrust View Post
    "...hate, hate, hate, hate." - Taylor Swift.
    "Shake it off. Shake it off. But don't shake it too hard if you are Derrick Rose, those ankles need some rest." - Taylor Swift.

    Seriously... I want this guy healthy. Th league needs their franchise players, but this is awful. We missed out on so much great basketball with Hill and Penny and then later T-Mac and ow Amare. We dont' need Rose's career cut short too.


    But if I'm the Bulls... I call up somebody who is desperate to pick up a star... HOU, NY, LAL, BK... whoever.... The Gibson Noah window won't last long....
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,372
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveCubs View Post
    You realize he's not hurt right now right? He's sick.
    This is sad.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Don't bother man. Bulls fans are in complete denial about what Rose is and what he'll become. His stats are absolutely atrocious this year.
    How often do you actually watch the Bulls?? Do you just look at his stats and say wow he's horrible this year?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveCubs View Post
    How often do you actually watch the Bulls?? Do you just look at his stats and say wow he's horrible this year?
    I've seen enough Bulls games this year to harvest the opinion that Derrick Rose is and probably never will be anything more than a 3rd option ever again.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    "Shake it off. Shake it off. But don't shake it too hard if you are Derrick Rose, those ankles need some rest." - Taylor Swift.

    Seriously... I want this guy healthy. Th league needs their franchise players, but this is awful. We missed out on so much great basketball with Hill and Penny and then later T-Mac and ow Amare. We dont' need Rose's career cut short too.


    But if I'm the Bulls... I call up somebody who is desperate to pick up a star... HOU, NY, LAL, BK... whoever.... The Gibson Noah window won't last long....
    There is a lot wrong with your post, but I don't have time to reply to all of it. See my last post in the other Butler/Rose thread for my thoughts.

    As to your last comments, I'm not sure any Bulls fan is aware of anything called a "Gibson" window. Most of us want him gone so that Mirotic isn't minute-blocked. We have plenty of young talent and an elite coach. We'll be fine.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveCubs View Post
    How often do you actually watch the Bulls?? Do you just look at his stats and say wow he's horrible this year?
    What's also amusing is that, statistically, he hasn't even been "atrocious" this year. He's been basically what you'd expect for a former MVP to be after not playing competitive basketball for two years.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •