Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Should kobe retire?

As a Laker fan but not a kobe fan, I would like to see the Lakers move on & rebuild.
    Can't help but think what the Lakers could do with $25 Million this year & next.
    And his fans will disagree but Lakers are probably better with kobe on bench.
    Tonight Lakers lost to OKC (without Durant) by 1 pt with kobe missing all 4 shots at end, including the last shot that would have won the game. kobe was 3/15 & 0/3 from 3.
    If this was just one game I could understand, but 37% fgs & 27% 3's for year.....

Before fans blame his bad teammates note the other starter shot 59% & bench over 50%.
    Am I the only one thinking this is hurting Lakers & hurting kobe's legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by cahawk View Post
    As a Laker fan but not a kobe fan, I would like to see the Lakers move on & rebuild.
    Can't help but think what the Lakers could do with $25 Million this year & next.
    Tonight Lakers lost to OKC (without Durant) by 1 pt with kobe missing all 4 shots at end, including the last shot that would have won the game. kobe was 3/15 & 0/3 from 3.
    If this was just one game I could understand, but 37% fgs & 27% 3's for year.....

Before fans blame his bad teammates note the other starter shot 59% & bench over 50%.
    /thread

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

I really like Kobe, but I noticed the same thing too. Lin was really playing good in the 4th, and when Kobe came back in at first Lin was still playing good, because he was running the offense and making the right play. But then Kobe started wanting the ball on the block, and it completely killed what the Lakers had going for them. It was tough to watch, he's such a legend, one of the best to ever play, but man, he hurt his team BIG TIME.

Its not even just about the ugly shooting %, its like rather than allowing the team to play on and keep running what was working, he just completely changed the complexion of that offense by calling for the ball and having the offense run through him instead. He needs to also play and move around without the ball, if he let's the ball go through Lin and let Lin read the defense and make a play, they'd be better off. There's a time and place to switch up strategy, moving away from what's working to what's not in the last 3 min isn't the right thing to do
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Its not time to start the "Kobe needs to retire" picket line quite yet but Im starting to worry about his lack of efficiency carrying on this long. We're still in December but I was hoping he would have shaken the rust off by now. Maybe he already is past the rust and this 38% from the field crap is how its going to continue here on out. I would be very disappointed if this is the case.

That being said I think Lakers win tonight had Nick Young not lost his cool and get ejected early in the fourth. He was playing well.

Should kobe retire?

Woot

I do not care what his efficiency is. We are about 30 games in and Kobe is about 25, 5 and 5. WHO The HECK retires putting up those numbers.

Clearly, if he had talent around him, those percentages would rise and he would be looking like he had 3 or 4 years left.
    Laker fans are so eager for a rebuild they cannot remember their franchise before Kobe... Please tell me about it

Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    I do not care what his efficiency is. We are about 30 games in and Kobe is about 25, 5 and 5. WHO The HECK retires putting up those numbers.

Clearly, if he had talent around him, those percentages would rise and he would be looking like he had 3 or 4 years left.
    Laker fans are so eager for a rebuild they cannot remember their franchise before Kobe... Please tell me about it
    this is one of the many situations where stats dont tell you everything. kobe is pure garbage this year. ive watched every game this year so far and kobe has only played well in two

No. He's playing bad right now,even if he's hustling a lot,but that doen't mean that he should retire. Kobe still remains Lakers's best attraction and this team is going anywhere anyway. Just wait till next season and we will see what our ****** FO will think to rebuilding this team.

Quote Originally Posted by MTar786 View Post
    this is one of the many situations where stats dont tell you everything. kobe is pure garbage this year. ive watched every game this year so far and kobe has only played well in two
    This.

Plus, he's a huge liability on defense.

I really don't understand this idea that older players should try and stay lean. Kobe's been doin this for the past few years and I personally think he needs to hit the weight room to get back his strength and explosiveness. It's obvious his percentages are low because he doesn't have it physically. It's been kind of sad to watch but Kobe has way too much pride to just retire mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by cahawk View Post

How can you be a Laker fan, but not a Kobe fan? He is the Lakers! To your point, Kobe wanted to prove everybody wrong by returning from this significant injury, but it is a shame he is coming to the end of his career with the Lakers a lottery team. All champions deserve to go out on or near the top, but personally I would have liked the Lakers to have used the $48 million to rebuild their team.
    "Train hard, play (matches) harder"

If he retires, who will build Brick City with all his shots? Melo?

37.7% from the field, 26.8% from 3 point land? Not even the best or the MVP on three Finals teams he was on. Raped a woman, settled outside of court. Kobe's MO is being insensitive towards teammates, fans, etc. He's not clutch as people think he is. The advanced metrics show Kobe is actually detrimental at times even though he's supposed to be a "star." http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...ct/order/false

Say hi to #120th best shooter in the NBA this season. Josh Smith is shooting better lmao. Kobe is one of the most overrated players in NBA history. His legions of fans are very ignorant when it comes towards discussing advanced metrics.

25-5-5 is stupid to go by... Dudes having a horrid year... No he shouldn't retire... Why give up all that money? its a win/win for him and the lakers... they have no shot one way or another... with him they fill seats and get a top pick to rebuild this year and next.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    37.7% from the field, 26.8% from 3 point land? Not even the best or the MVP on three Finals teams he was on. Raped a woman, settled outside of court. Kobe's MO is being insensitive towards teammates, fans, etc. He's not clutch as people think he is. The advanced metrics show Kobe is actually detrimental at times even though he's supposed to be a "star." http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...ct/order/false

Say hi to #120th best shooter in the NBA this season. Josh Smith is shooting better lmao. Kobe is one of the most overrated players in NBA history. His legions of fans are very ignorant when it comes towards discussing advanced metrics.
    Kobe should retire, he can't play this game at the level he wishes he could. But, this is not a post that should diminish his all-time greatness and standing. Now, of course that depends where you rank him, so this isn't a post directed to Wade n Fade. Just making a point.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast