Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Report: The Kings Are Going To Try a 4 on 5 Defensive Scheme

http://deadspin.com/report-the-kings...e-s-1671301557

4 on 5 Defense? Hmmmmmkkkkaaayyyy

Their owner is delusional. He's worse than the MaGoofs.

Legit..

This is what we would do in the rec league all day.. 4 guys play defense while the fattest **** on the team kicks back on the other side of the court..

Most of the time he wouldn't even make it past half court..

He'd occasionally lead the team in scoring because when we get rebounds we'd just throw it down the court and he'd get EZ buckets.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Legit..

This is what we would do in the rec league all day.. 4 guys play defense while the fattest **** on the team kicks back on the other side of the court..

Most of the time he wouldn't even make it past half court..

He'd occasionally lead the team in scoring because when we get rebounds we'd just throw it down the court and he'd get EZ buckets.
    I play every Friday and we have one guy who just loves to do this. Fat ****. We do enjoy the easy wins though.

If this works in a rec situation I see no reason why it wouldn't work in the NBA...

It's unlikely that Corbin will actually leave one guy standing under the basket while the other four play a makeshift zone defense—what will likely happen is that one wing player will be designated to sprint back on offense as soon as a shot goes up—but no matter the details, this is some crazy **** that will be fun to watch.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    I play every Friday and we have one guy who just loves to do this. Fat ****.

If this works in a rec situation I see no reason why it wouldn't work in the NBA...
    Haha!

Yea it's not gonna work in the NBA.. It would be funny to watch it implemented tho.

Your baby can't do this

Man I'm a baller in Rec league.. i totally would be the next Kobe in the NBA... cause you know rec league = NBA

C'mon guys

you can't get away with that in the nba simply because all positions are highly skilled.

This isn't a college team, which has 2 nba quality players on it along with 10 other non-nba players.
    This isn't a rec team, which has 0 nba quality players on it.
    This isn't the park, which has 0 nba quality players on it.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    Man I'm a baller in Rec league.. i totally would be the next Kobe in the NBA... cause you know rec league = NBA

C'mon guys
    lol, just jokes.

This is going to end ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post

C'mon guys
    Yea that was completely a joke.. I never even thought something like this would happen in college let alone the highest level of basketball on the planet..

Your baby can't do this

I remember hearing about this in a podcast in the off-season. It was Vivek's idea to implement it. He is WAY too involved with that team.

pretty sure if i played for them id be going right to the media to rip the owner apart and publicly ask for a trade
    check book in hand to make a point

This is why the Kings can't get nice things...

I would love to see this employed. I mean, even playing 4-5, you should be able to hold them to 55-57% shooting, and shoot %65-70% on the other end. But, the other team would make an adjustment, and have a guy dragging to stop the throw over. It would very quickly become a 4-4.5...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I've always wondered why teams didn't at least TRY this.

In theory, if you could make the opposition take a jumpshot, even a good jumpshooter is more likely to miss more often than they make... and if you get the rebound you'd have a great chance at an easy layup.

How many times do we see a player fall at one end and not get back in time to play D, and yet the other team still doesn't score?

Not saying it will work, but it could be interesting.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast