Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Westbrook has passed AD in PER

God damn. Single season record is just south of 32. If they keep it up, they will have the two best seasons of all time from a PER standpoint. Westbrook is an absolute monster, the haters will all be silenced.

Two words bro: sample size. There's a lot of guys in the league capable of posting a 32 PER over a 10-game span. I absolutely assure you that Westy will fall back to earth over the course of the entire season. Davis likely will too.

10 game sample size. Not worth mentioning.
    That PER is definitely gonna come wayyy down (below 30).
    He is not going to break the record.
    He is not gonna keep putting up career best numbers in only 29mpg.

Even Davis is probably going to fall way short of the record though his chances are imo much better then the Thunders star.
    People don't realize that when the sample is small a few bad games can result in a dramatic change.
    Davis was at what 35-37? Now he is at 33. See a trend?

Westbrook has always had a lot of unnecessary haters. I always said I would take him second only to Paul, and even still because of age I'd take him for the next 5 seasons if both were free agents. He's better than Curry, Parker, Wall and the rest easily.

Reminds me of a young Wade. Always underrated.

What is this sample size argument? He's been an elite player since he entered the league.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

That guy has been crazy good. so far

Westbrook being disrespected is nothing new.

when the shooting numbers come back to earth we will all forget this conversation
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    when the shooting numbers come back to earth we will all forget this conversation
    Not really the is westbrook really good or not thing has been going on for years.

Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Not really the is westbrook really good or not thing has been going on for years.
    i know that but i meant the thread title. when he returns to earth his per will plummet accordingly. it's basically what's propping him up to such heights right now is that he's shooting at a much better clip than usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Do not understand the Westbrook hate at all. He performs like a top 7 player and he has a good team. I could understand if they were losing and he was posting gawdy numbers, but he's not.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Westbrook is a beast,I agree. His PER will go down,but that doesn't mean anything,his impact is undeniable.
    If he develops a better shot and becomes a better playmaker there's no doubt that he will be the best PG in the league.

real high "PER", means he's the goat. So yes, he's the goat.

I've been saying this in the Mike Conley thread... Westy is beasting right now and still being underrated!

The people underrating him are basically statheads that are convinced the ball should be in Durant's hands alot more and that Westbrook is playing selfishly when in reality Scott brooks said he WANTS Westbrook taking the amount of shots he does because his aggression takes pressure off everyone else and thats how there offense is designed. There is so much more to basketball than stats but i swear some of these guys if they where in the NBA would avoid taking a half court try with less than a second left on the clock because it would *hurt there shooting numbers* That kind of crap is actually selfish basketball actual players and coaches understand its more selfish NOT to take a chance when you have it than anything else and that part of being a good player is to pretend stats dont even exist.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast