Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Howie Kendrick Traded for Andrew Heaney

What do you guys think? We have a huge hole at 2nd base now but we have a great young first round prospect. We save 9 million with this deal and have 18 million to spend before we hit the luxury tax. Get a second baseman, please.

I will really miss Howie. More so for the kind of guy he was. I wont miss the disappearing act he was in clutch moments though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    I will really miss Howie. More so for the kind of guy he was. I wont miss the disappearing act he was in clutch moments though.
    Howie was awesome and I really liked the guy. However, I'm already slobbering over the fact that we got the number 9 pick in the draft a few years ago and a guy who is ready for the big leagues. Also, we have control over him for a while. There is a good chance Howie would be gone after next year through free agency. If we spend the 18 million dollars we have wisely, I think this could end up being a great deal for us. If we don't do anything with the second base, we will not get any production from that position all of next year.

This trade is really good for us. Our rotation is set up nicely and cheap for the future. Green will hopefully hold his own at 2B.
    __________________________________._________

Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    This trade is really good for us. Our rotation is set up nicely and cheap for the future. Green will hopefully hold his own at 2B.
    I agree that it is a really good trade for us. However, Green can't field to save his life. I don't think the Angels want to give him the every day job and throw him to the sharks. We just traded for Rutledge from Colorado. My guess is he will be the favorite to win the job, but him and Green will compete for it. I'm curious to what we do with the 18 million left that we have to spend.

This is exactly what the Angels have been hoping for in regards to trading an IF, first Trumbo gets the Angels Scaggs and now Kendrick for Heaney.
    Outstanding trade.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    This is exactly what the Angels have been hoping for in regards to trading an IF, first Trumbo gets the Angels Scaggs and now Kendrick for Heaney.
    Outstanding trade.
    2 Lefties! Gotta love that. Need to lock up Richards soon and that gives us a legit 1, a nice 3 in shoemaker and a 4/5 with Heaney and Skaggs. Weaver has slipped into a number 2 roll, but his fiery competitive attitude allows him to remain solid.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    2 Lefties! Gotta love that. Need to lock up Richards soon and that gives us a legit 1, a nice 3 in shoemaker and a 4/5 with Heaney and Skaggs. Weaver has slipped into a number 2 roll, but his fiery competitive attitude allows him to remain solid.
    Weaver is turning into a 3. Anyway, imagine if we could somehow get Cole Hamels. I know it's a pipe dream and the phillies would be asking for way too much, but I would splooge all over the place if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Weaver is turning into a 3. Anyway, imagine if we could somehow get Cole Hamels. I know it's a pipe dream and the phillies would be asking for way too much, but I would splooge all over the place if it happened.
    I think we need to somehow get the Yanks or Dodgers to take Wilson from us.

heaney has #2 stuff, and while he probably won't be that good right away, him and richards at the top of the rotation for the next half decade looks like a lot of fun. Also, I think Skaggs will eventually be a solid innings eating #3 though right now he's on the mend.

I think we need to somehow get the Yanks or Dodgers to take Wilson from us.
    Unfortunately I think that Wilson is going to be in the big A until the end of his contract, which is just 2 years, so it's not too bad.

Glad Angel fans got a good trade. I'm a Dodger fan that lives right next to the Big A. I was wondering how Angel fans would react but there is some good information in this thread. Getting a top prospect who is MLB ready for a guy who is likely leave in FA in a year is a great move!

Great trade. With we had traded him last year for more.