Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Will LBJ accomplish what Jordan, Magic, Bird, Shaq and Kobe couldn't do?

Each of the last four seasons, LeBron James has made it to the NBA finals. Four straight years in the finals is something that Jordan Shaq, Duncan and Kobe have all failed to do. Bird and Magic both pulled it off in the 80's. This year, LBJ is in position to make his fifth consecutive finals appearance. This has not been done by a player since the 60's when Bill Russell led the Celtics to 10 straight finals appearances (and 12/13 finals appearances, winning 11/12 of those appearances). It has been almost 50 years since this happened! Something that we may not witness again for another 50 years (unless KD and AD team up with Curry).

Do you think LBJ will put himself in the conversation with Russell and separate himself from Magic and Bird?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I seriously doubt the Cavs go to the Finals this year. If by some fluke they did I would still have a problem putting Lebron in the Magic, Kobe, Bird, MJ conversation. I really don't see how you can compare legends that were career long icons for their franchise to someone that basically ring chased.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I seriously doubt the Cavs go to the Finals this year. If by some fluke they did I would still have a problem putting Lebron in the Magic, Kobe, Bird, MJ conversation. I really don't see how you can compare legends that were career long icons for their franchise to someone that basically ring chased.....
    can't they both be in the same?

They're the best team in the East so wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn:29365809
    Each of the last four seasons, LeBron James has made it to the NBA finals. Four straight years in the finals is something that Jordan Shaq, Duncan and Kobe have all failed to do. Bird and Magic both pulled it off in the 80's. This year, LBJ is in position to make his fifth consecutive finals appearance. This has not been done by a player since the 60's when Bill Russell led the Celtics to 10 straight finals appearances (and 12/13 finals appearances, winning 11/12 of those appearances). It has been almost 50 years since this happened! Something that we may not witness again for another 50 years (unless KD and AD team up with Curry).

Do you think LBJ will put himself in the conversation with Russell and separate himself from Magic and Bird?
    This kind of stuff is why I can't take these type of records seriously. All the people you mentioned did not have this "lets team up and well be the greatest mentality" (though some will say Magic) but seriously players of today just aren't on there level. I wish Magic, Bird and Jordan teamed up though it would have ruined the game but would put stupid records like this to rest. After Magic and Birds prime Jordan could have added Shaq and Karl Malone to the Bulls... lol

He could, but id be more impressed if those finals appearances translated into rings. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades... Its helped that he's created some suoer teams along the way

Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    This kind of stuff is why I can't take these type of records seriously. All the people you mentioned did not have this "lets team up and well be the greatest mentality" (though some will say Magic) but seriously players of today just aren't on there level. I wish Magic, Bird and Jordan teamed up though it would have ruined the game but would put stupid records like this to rest. After Magic and Birds prime Jordan could have added Shaq and Karl Malone to the Bulls... lol
    Really? It happened all the time. Jordan literally forced management to ensure that Pippen wasn't traded since he knew he couldn't win without him. Same with Larry, Parish, McHale and DJ. Magic literally only declared because he was going to team up with Kareem right away.

That's because you're biased and ignore ring chasing when it's ur team. Remember What both magic and Kobe did before they even entered the league.

To answer the thread tho, he better. The east is as weak as the west was during magics day

Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    Ur bias is showing

Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    He could, but id be more impressed if those finals appearances translated into rings. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades... Its helped that he's created some suoer teams along the way
    If that's true ( which it is) then plz tell me your the type who understands why championships don't separate players.

It's why Tmac at his peak was greater than Kobe

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Well... given that Magic got to play with Worthy, Kareem, Nixon and Cooper, and then later AC Green, and Byron Scott, he didn't need to 'ring chase' because he was drafted by a contender and had the greatest GM ever (can you name one player who was even as good as Norm Nixon on the Cavs, let alone Kareem or Worhy?).

Bird got McHale and Parish along with Dennis Johnson and Bill Walton, and had great role players like Cedric Maxwell. Did LBJ have anybody as good as those guys in Cleveland?

Shaq had Kobe, then Wade.... Kobe had Shaq, then Gasol and Bynum. LBJ never had anybody that good in Cleveland.

And Jordan had Pippen and Grant then Rodman. Pippen and Rodman? Did LBJ EVER have anybody that good in Cleveland? Yes he still got to the finals there.

Can't fault LBJ for wanting to put himself in a situation similar to Magic, Bird, Shaq, Kobe and Jordan. It's not his fault that the Cavs GM was so awful.

Having Wade and Bosh is no different than Jordan having Pippen and Rodman, or Bird having McHale and Paris, or Magic having Kareem and Worthy.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Cleveland has the most talent in the East and is only just learning to play together. They should probably win the East, especially considering they have at least 60 more games until playoffs start.

If Derrick Rose was healthy and playing like he used to, I'd say the Bulls would stand in Cleveland's way. Without MVP-caliber Rose, I can't see Chicago beating Cleveland 4 out of 7 times. The Cavs are also flat-out more talented than Washington, Toronto, etc. Giving that kind of talent time to gel will work out very well for the Cavs in the long run.

LeBron SHOULD go to 5 straight Finals, yes. Will he win it? Way too early to tell, but Cleveland certainly has the talent to pull it off. Scary good offense that's becoming more efficient. A young, athletic team that's learning how to play defense. 4 very good rebounders. All they need is time and continuity.

With how pathetic the east is it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Well... given that Magic got to play with Worthy, Kareem, Nixon and Cooper, and then later AC Green, and Byron Scott, he didn't need to 'ring chase' because he was drafted by a contender and had the greatest GM ever (can you name one player who was even as good as Norm Nixon on the Cavs, let alone Kareem or Worhy?).

Bird got McHale and Parish along with Dennis Johnson and Bill Walton, and had great role players like Cedric Maxwell. Did LBJ have anybody as good as those guys in Cleveland?

Shaq had Kobe, then Wade.... Kobe had Shaq, then Gasol and Bynum. LBJ never had anybody that good in Cleveland.

And Jordan had Pippen and Grant then Rodman. Pippen and Rodman? Did LBJ EVER have anybody that good in Cleveland? Yes he still got to the finals there.

Can't fault LBJ for wanting to put himself in a situation similar to Magic, Bird, Shaq, Kobe and Jordan. It's not his fault that the Cavs GM was so awful.

Having Wade and Bosh is no different than Jordan having Pippen and Rodman, or Bird having McHale and Paris, or Magic having Kareem and Worthy.
    I really don't understand why Magic, Bird, and Kobe have to somehow get it held against them that they came into great franchises and stayed there. Especially when you consider they literally made all the players around them better. Bird is the most clutch player ever and we all know what Magic did as a rookie in the Finals with no KAJ.

It's all personal opinion, but MY personal opinion is that it's disrespectful to put that guy in the same conversation with those greats.....

I really don't understand why Magic, Bird, and Kobe have to somehow get it held against them that they came into great franchises and stayed there. Especially when you consider they literally made all the players around them better. Bird is the most clutch player ever and we all know what Magic did as a rookie in the Finals with no KAJ.

It's all personal opinion, but MY personal opinion is that it's disrespectful to put that guy in the same conversation with those greats.....
    But it's okay to hold it against a guy for wanting to leave a terribly run franchise?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast