Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cavs interested in Grizz C Koufos, may be willing to part with Waiters to get him

The Cleveland Cavaliers are widening their scope in search of the rim protector that, even amid their best basketball of this young season, everyone knows they badly need.
    Far more worrisome to the Cavs than their uneven 11-7 start is the lack of a proven presence at the rim to help stiffen their defense for the long term. That's why Cleveland, sources say, has been inquiring with the Memphis Grizzlies about the availability of reserve center Kosta Koufos among their various trade pursuits.

Sources say that the Cavs are well aware landing a quality big man likely depends on selling on potential trade partners to take back polarizing shooting guard Dion Waiters. Cleveland rates Waiters' talent highly, but sources maintain that the Cavs have let a number of teams know they are prepared to surrender him if they can acquire a difference-making center in return.

And Koufos, regarded as one of the league's more underrated interior defenders thanks to the limited minutes he gets behind Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph, would certainly qualify.
    Koufos, by contrast, is an unrestricted free agent next summer whose camp, sources say, has made it known to Grizzlies management that it has less than pleased with the limited role carved out for the 7-footer over the past two seasons.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...cavs-wish-list

I would as well.

I think they'll probably wait closer to the deadline before they make a move. I think they'll want more for Waiters if they decide to deal him. Their interior defense has improved over the past ten games and a rim protector isn't as necessary until the playoffs.

#DoubleNickels

After the game Waiters had today they will think twice about this.

Koufos kind of sucks, especially in the playoffs, the should be able to get more for waiters.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    Koufos kind of sucks, especially in the playoffs, the should be able to get more for waiters.
    How about a trade exception for Koufos?

#DoubleNickels

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Only way i do this as the cavs is if i can either get Courtey lee or Tony allen back in the deal,

that said, i hope they deal him strait up for kufos, not a great move IMO. not saying he isnt a bad player, but your dealing a 6th man quality player for a deep bench big man.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

No brainer, Waiters isn't the type of player you want on a championship team IMO. Koufos isn't a starter but he represents exactly what this Cleveland team lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Only way i do this as the cavs is if i can either get Courtey lee or Tony allen back in the deal,

that said, i hope they deal him strait up for kufos, not a great move IMO. not saying he isnt a bad player, but your dealing a 6th man quality player for a deep bench big man.
    Kufos is more than just a deep bench big. He's solid. And there's no way the Cavs land Lee or Allen in the deal. Yes talent wise they get a worse deal but they desperately need what kufos has to offer. I think they should look form a better deal. But if the time comes make the move. If theyre lucky they can try and get a late first back in the deal.

Remember when cav fans told me waiters wasn't a scrub? lol
    Boy, I sure did underestimate the Rockets this year and I lost a sig bet to Saddletramp because of it

Koufos is pretty decent, could be valuable minutes for them come playoff time.
    Time for some hootenanny.

Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    Remember when cav fans told me waiters wasn't a scrub? lol

waiters isn't a scrub. He's a talented player who plays like he's had three coaches in three years. In the right system with a little stability, he can be a borderline all-star player (or at least a quality starter).

Not saying Cleveland is that place and not saying it isn't but I would hate to give up on him with this team so soon.
    "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! "

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    No brainer, Waiters isn't the type of player you want on a championship team IMO. Koufos isn't a starter but he represents exactly what this Cleveland team lacks.
    exactly. This would be a deal I make 10/10 times from the Cavs side.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Perfect trade for the Cavs

Waiters is another JR Smith

Quote Originally Posted by JLeBeau76 View Post
    waiters isn't a scrub. He's a talented player who plays like he's had three coaches in three years. In the right system with a little stability, he can be a borderline all-star player (or at least a quality starter).

Not saying Cleveland is that place and not saying it isn't but I would hate to give up on him with this team so soon.
    not seeing it. He looks to me to be joining the long list of undersized SG chuckers.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast