Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Dwight has missed about half the season and the Rocket lead the division: surprised?

With the loss of Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, and Jeremy Lin, many though the Rockets would take a step back and there were predictions that Kevin McHale would an early coaching casualty.

On top of the loss of Parsons, the Rockets have also been without Howard for about half the season as well, yet they are still on top of the division almost a quarter of the way through the season.

Anybody surprised? And what do you think the reason for their success is?
    Lots of great three-point shooters is a huge benefit: Jones, Beverly, Canaan, Harden and Ariza.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

what happened to dwight?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

whoa, they're 16-4 w/o dwight for 10 games huh. Yes, that is kinda surprising, that's a good sign for sprocket fans
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

3 out of the starting five have missed significant time so far.

Jones has missed almost all games but 2 or 4. Can't remember.

I'm I surprised? Yeah, a lil but their schedule hasn't been too tough.
    Good wins over Memphis and Dallas though.

BIG 3

I'm impressed by Ariza. Up till now he's been a contract player. I'm glad he's playing well. Him at his best is a great fit for them.

I for one didn't think the loses of lin and Parsons were bad Terry and cannon > lin
    Ariza and Parsons basically wash missing asik size worried me but we went 22-12 without him last year rockets embracing defense and morey finding depth has helped the rockets out so far

Can't wait till we get healthy

I think thats why its hard not to have harden as MVP right now

the rockets bench is a lot better than I gave it credit for. Terry, Canaan, Papa, and Jones is a way better bench than last season
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

harden4mvp

What's crazy is that they're doing this while putting up a paltry 98.9 points a night despite average pace. That's 3rd least in the conference. Their D has just been fantastic across the board, and that's very surprising without Dwight and Beverly for so many of the games. Hollinger's Rankings still doesn't have them as a top 10 team, but they'll get there statistically once they get healthy.

Got to give them credit where credit is due. I did not see this coming. Figured they'd be good in a loaded West but not THIS good. to Houston

The addition of RJ Dunn to the coaching staff has to be praised. This team is playing and staying in gamed due to their defense. Injuries keep plaguing this team (Tjones/Dwight/Bev/Canaan/Papanikalou) but they find ways to win. A lot of the success can also be attributed to Terry and the recent play of Dmo and Black who's been a solid rookie thus far.

I honestly wanted them to suck because I think the Lakers have their pick and I was hoping it would be in the low 20's but I have to admit they're playing great. I'm really impressed with how well they're playing without Howard. I think as of right now they're exceeding everyone's(outside of rockets fans) expectations of them.

It means dwights impact is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    It means dwights impact is overrated
    Not only that, but when he comes back, the chemistry will plummet.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast