Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I laugh if I am the lighting and see that deal, its almost insulting. One true NHL quality player in return for a guy of his caliber? The closest trade is the Kovalchuk trade which Atlanta thought they were getting a top 6 winger, a top 6 center prospect a first and an NHL caliber defender and I think that is the trade this person modeled this proposal after. But if you think Stevie is going to get taken like Atlanta did you are wrong. Also, AA is at top a low quality 2C high end 3C. You dont trade a top player, captain, 40-50 goal type player for a ideal second line winger, 3C a defender who has struggled to break into our top 6 and a late late first rounder. Any deal for Stamkos (with the presumption we get an extension) starts at Larkin and we would have to add from there.

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I laugh if I am the lighting and see that deal, its almost insulting. One true NHL quality player in return for a guy of his caliber? The closest trade is the Kovalchuk trade which Atlanta thought they were getting a top 6 winger, a top 6 center prospect a first and an NHL caliber defender and I think that is the trade this person modeled this proposal after. But if you think Stevie is going to get taken like Atlanta did you are wrong. Also, AA is at top a low quality 2C high end 3C. You dont trade a top player, captain, 40-50 goal type player for a ideal second line winger, 3C a defender who has struggled to break into our top 6 and a late late first rounder. Any deal for Stamkos (with the presumption we get an extension) starts at Larkin and we would have to add from there.
    I agree that they probably wouldn't take that deal and obviously they would ask for Larkin. I believe Larkin is untouchable with the Red Wings. We do have to remember that this is a potential rental deal as well as TB trading within the division which jacks up the cost -- remember Columbus and Rick Nash. My idea of a decent deal for both sides would be - Riley Sheahan, Anthony Mantha, Brendan Smith, and 2016 1st and 2017 2nd.

To be honest to land a player like Stamkos would be the punch we need to make a cup run. Yes he will cost 11 mill per year but he is still young enough to make a good return on investment.

All that said I would rather set my sights on Anze Kopitar from the Kings in FA, probably get him for 7 to 8 million and he would be a great fit, a big center with a tremendous all around skill. Imagine Kopitar and Larkin as our top centers for the next 5-8 years! Stamkos is a pure goal scorer which is obviously needed but the cost of money and potential trade package may be too much of a pill to swallow for Holland.

I dont know if I would rather have Kopitar, but I would be more than happy with him too. I think he would be closer to 9m on the open market though but I would pay him that. Maybe the chance to be playing with some countrymen would bring him here.

I like Oates coming in, my idea is he is brought in to kind of audit Blashill and give him some advice as well as to help out our powerplay.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    lol what the hell? 3 day consultant?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I don't care what they pay him, I think it's a good move regardless. Show him some tape and pick his brain to get someone else's perspective, says a lot about Blash.

Two sleeper prospects from last draft to keep on eye on this upcoming year: Sambrook and Larsson. Sambrook had a good year with 40 points (15g) as a second pairing defender in juniors. I am hoping next year he takes another step and gets closer to 50-60 points. Remember he was drafted as a very raw defender on a super deep defensive team, so I think this next year will be the true test of if we got a late round steal or a guy who may level off.

Larsson had a good year in Sweden and comes over next year. Toothpick Euro type goalie, but I have read that our Euro scouts are very high on him. I will be honest, I did not see him play this last year, but he put up pretty good numbers.

Two sleeper prospects from last draft to keep on eye on this upcoming year: Sambrook and Larsson. Sambrook had a good year with 40 points (15g) as a second pairing defender in juniors. I am hoping next year he takes another step and gets closer to 50-60 points. Remember he was drafted as a very raw defender on a super deep defensive team, so I think this next year will be the true test of if we got a late round steal or a guy who may level off.

Larsson had a good year in Sweden and comes over next year. Toothpick Euro type goalie, but I have read that our Euro scouts are very high on him. I will be honest, I did not see him play this last year, but he put up pretty good numbers.
    Jordan Sambrook played for the Erie. That same team that had Dylan Strome and Alex DeBrincat. Neither of those guys will be back. I wouldn't expect a potential 20 point jump after losing those two.

I think he could still, yes they won't be the offensive powerhouse they were the past couple years, but he should get a chance to lead next year with more TOI, PP time and ect. Putting up 10-20 more points shouldn't be completely out of reach.

I think he could still, yes they won't be the offensive powerhouse they were the past couple years, but he should get a chance to lead next year with more TOI, PP time and ect. Putting up 10-20 more points shouldn't be completely out of reach.
    How good will Erie be by losing 3 of their top 4 players including their two superstars?

Still a middle of the pack team, like I said they won't be the offensive powerhouse they were but seeing an increase in production from an increase in TOI and opportunity should lead to an increase. He had mid 20's in points the year we drafted him, went from bottom pair to middle and increased to 40's I don't think 50's is out of reach. Granted, his improvement doesn't just rely on production, but considering our need for a puck mover it would be awesome to see him going in more of that direction that the stay at home route.

We are one of the last 4 teams on Spencer Foo's UFA list. I don't know much about him to be honest, but he's a 6 foot winger thats a right handed shot. Little suspect of his points jump in his AJHL last year and his college last year. Shows he may be a late bloomer that needed the physical edge to be a top scorer, which with his frame won't happen in the NHL. But, I would be fine with adding any type of talent to our system. I do wish we would have signed James de Haas but I can see how it would be tough to add an older college defender to our system.

Supposedly he has visits with Edmonton (his home town) and us coming up. I imagine we will find out soon about where he goes once the expansion and NHL draft is done. At this point any young talent is welcome.

Saw today it was down to us and LV. But there have been lots of reports as to where he will be going. He will make his decision after the expansion draft so presumably by the end of the week.

Next year should be interesting, I think Ras has a legit shot of making the team.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast