Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    While I agree with your first few sentences, it doesnt take much skill to score the goals he did. And if we are talking about someone we hope develops into a future 1C I would like to see some more skilled goals. But also that said, its his second pro game, in a league that usually takes College kids longer to adjust so.

I did, his overall game is phenomenal, and a line with him and AA is too fun to watch. They both can take face offs, both have high end speed and 200ft games and both with some high IQ and hands. Ill keep a close eye on him this whole series but I cant see him in the AHL for long.

Yea he sure does have a lot of hype around him. I really didn't hear about him until after the season, was it a surprise that he was still there at the #15 spot or what? Who has he been getting compared to?

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...fins/28131573/

And the Griffins are down 2-1. I kind of want them to lose just so the signing of Blashill happens quicker. but of course, I'd rather them win the cup again, that'd be pretty cool.

The original AA (Adam Almqvist) had his contract terminated in the KHL. Will be interesting to see what happens. I think he stays in Euro, but maybe he tries to come back or asks for a trade to a team that will give him a shot?

I liked him as a prospect, put up some insane numbers in the AHL.

Wish we would've given him a shot here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I definitely can't take serious responsibility.

I wish we would have too but now there is so much of a log jam he would never get a chance. We need to see if we can move his rights for something.

There was a Detroit scout at the ZSC Lions and Geneve Servette-HC game. He was "not there to scout Auston Matthews" but it makes me wonder just who he was scouting. I havent really gotten rosters ready yet for the season of what players to watch but this may make me start with the Swiss League.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=786408

Here's a pretty good read about the 1989 Red Wings draft that lead the organization to the top of the NHL.

Jurco sent down for a conditioning stint. I don't have concrete evidence but it sounds like he might be having back issues. That is definitely not a good sign for a 22 year old. That would also explain why the useless turd Andersson continues to get PT over Jurco. Hopefully its not a back issue and just a playing shape problem.

I heard its just for playing shape not anything to do with his back no one I have heard from even the off the main stream guys say its for playing shape. I just really think he needs to work on his skating to break the line up.

Not sure if anyone saw this but I thought it was an interesting read.

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detro...od%20enough%3F

Something needs to be done about this offense that is for sure. I really think they need to make a trade at the deadline and this writer suggest making the following trade:

Red Wings Get
    Steven Stamkos

Lightning Get
    Tomas Tatar
    Jakub Kindl
    Andreas Athanasiou
    1st round pick

The thought of adding a player of Stamkos' caliber is exciting, but is it giving up too much? I would only be on board with a trade for him if the team absolutely expects to sign him once his contract expires after the season.

I don't think that's too much, but I'm not really the person to ask lol

I am so down for trading for Stamkos. The downside is we need to find the cap room to fit him in and also need to be sure he will be re-signing here. Honestly that's a good offer for him because he is UFA this offseason so they won't be able to maximize what they could get for him if he were locked up.

Based on the current salaries of Tatar (2.75 million) and Kindl (2.4 million), trading those two would take $5.15 million off the books. Also factor in the approximately $4 million in cap space, and the Wings have $9.15 million in room. Adding Stamkos (7.5 million) would still leave them with $1.65 million in cap room.
    Haven't gone to check whether or not the writer is correct but from what he is saying, the Wings could make it work.

Well, I don't do that trade. I like Tats too much, but Stammer would ease the pain quite a bit and like LFLOL said he would have to resign here.
    They said in the article that it might cost 10.5/year for Stamkos and the names the UFAs we would let walk it was 17, 18, 20, I'm fine with letting Richards and Andy walk, but Miller is definitely a great guy to have around.

Yeah we only give up a package like that if it comes with an extension. Otherwise Stevie will be trading from a position of weakness and wouldnt get full value. For a trade of this caliber the wings, or any team really, is going to do a background check and require to be permitted to speak to the agent to make sure we could swallow to $'s and term. I dont think Stammer signs for under 10m a year, and thats the real price tag. Honestly any 1 or two players on this team is worth Stammer, but can a team afford 10m and still ice a rounded competitive team.

That being said, any player or two on our team is worth Stammer. Honestly Larkin and Tats for Stammer would be an even trade, we might even need to add more. Lets face it, with scoring these days, Stammer is almost a PPG player throughout his career and he is what 25 or 26 still? As real of a deal Larkin is, he isnt Stamkos and I dont think he ever will be (heres to hoping I am wrong).

Also we have too many other RFA's to sign to probably afford him. Sheahan, Mrazek, DDK etc still need to be signed long term and arent getting any cheaper, which until Dats is off the books I just dont think we could afford even a team friendly cap hit for Stammer of 9m. But it could be done if we were to trade Howard, sign Mrazek to a team friendly maybe 2 year deal of 3m per (until Dats is done), and really I dont think we should trade anything for Stammer and just take a chance on him in FA if we really want him.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast