Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Good to see our young talent getting recognized. The question I have is could Ouellet play in the All-Star game if he's not longer in the AHL? I don't think that would make sense given he's an NHL player but I've heard of stranger things.
    I think the AHL has their all star break at about the same time as the NHL so I could see him playing, as long as it doesn't conflict with the Wings schedule.

Although, I just loaded up the schedules and the AHL game is the night of the 26th and we have a road game in Florida on the 27th so probably not. We'll probably replace him with Kindl

edit: haha just noticed jan 26 was in your original quote, I'm slow

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I think the AHL has their all star break at about the same time as the NHL so I could see him playing, as long as it doesn't conflict with the Wings schedule.

Although, I just loaded up the schedules and the AHL game is the night of the 26th and we have a road game in Florida on the 27th so probably not. We'll probably replace him with Kindl

edit: haha just noticed jan 26 was in your original quote, I'm slow
    We finally have an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouellet is out resting his his wrist Pulkkinen will be playing though, he's being sent down to GR (or I guess up considering GR is north of Detroit )

Teeny Pokemon (Teemu Pulkkinen) has 32 goals in his last 27 AHL games, 9 goals in 6 playoff games (including a hat trick tonight). I really...really hope we can get this to translate to his NHL game. If he gets the leash taken off, and get to play with two responsible players (maybe Abby and Dats?) he could potential do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Teeny Pokemon (Teemu Pulkkinen) has 32 goals in his last 27 AHL games, 9 goals in 6 playoff games (including a hat trick tonight). I really...really hope we can get this to translate to his NHL game. If he gets the leash taken off, and get to play with two responsible players (maybe Abby and Dats?) he could potential do some damage.
    Honestly with his killer right handed shot, he should be a full time player next year. I think he should be a mainstay on the power-play at the point. The Wings really need to cut some of the dead veteran weight to make room for these guys - Cleary, Zidlicky, Weiss, Franzen? I understand loyalty but its time to further rejuvenate the team with fresh talent.

Cleary is definitely gone, Franzen may have to retire, Marek was hardly dead weight, and Weiss isn't the player we signed anymore (very unfortunate) and should be gone in the off-season . So I don't think it will be much of a problem.

While he was good in the regular season,Marek really fell off in the playoffs, giving up costly turnovers that turned into goals, game-costing goals. Plus he is going to be 39 years old and has rapidly declining athleticism. I would much rather have Marchenko/Oulette or even Sproul take over for him

I'm curious about Nosek's development this year. Maybe Pidg can do a write up if possible?

I wont make it too long but Nosek actually had a better than I thought he would season. I anticipated him to struggle his first year, lets face it the Czech league isnt the greatest (maybe the 4th or 5th best in the world) so I was expecting a long and hard transition to this style of play. Now he wasnt a PPG player but he had a good season. He's a big body but needs to add some weight and he has some durability issues. That being said, he is very creative with the puck, has a high hockey IQ and is a top play maker for GR. He is not the most exciting prospect, he doesnt have AA's speed and game breaking ability, he doesnt have Pulu's shot, but solid IQ, good to above average skater, plays a complete 200 foot Detroit style game, and has some offensive acumen. He is a prototypical Detroit 3rd line center prospect. Can kill penalties and maybe be a 10-20 or 10-30 player. He more than likely will not be a big point player (I honestly cant see him going above the 40 plateau but I have been wrong before) but he can be a solid pivot for us maybe 2 years down the road. He can easily replace Joaker with more offensive potential and a better skater and brings the PK, smart play and size he does once and if Sheahan takes the 2C role.

Holland also said he will have a legitimate chance at the NHL next year (I believe he said this while he was at game 5). So we will see.

On the Pulu front, there is 0 chance he is not on Detroits roster next year. He would have to hit waivers, which I just dont see us doing. He is exactly what a lot of teams (especially Detroit) are looking for in a Right Handed shoot first player. There are very few shoot first players anymore, but he is that type of prospect.

I've heard great things about Andreas Athanasiou recently as well. Freep makes it sound like he's ripping the AHL playoffs up and he's only 20 years old. Nice size as well 6-2 (according to freep). Sounds like he's a building block for the future?

Freep? Who is this? Lions are you cheating on me and going to someone else for your prospect info? I will not do a write up while you are cheating on me!

Freep? Who is this? Lions are you cheating on me and going to someone else for your prospect info? I will not do a write up while you are cheating on me!
    I would never do that! You're the only red wings prospect info provider for me It happened to pop up on my facebook news feed and I was curious as to what was going on since I swore to pay attention to the Griffins and forgot to do so two days later

lol detroit free press

edit: too slow

Hah..not from Detroit is that their usual acronym? I will need to remember that.

AA is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects in the last 10 years.

Hah..not from Detroit is that their usual acronym? I will need to remember that.

AA is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects in the last 10 years.
    Yep, Detroit Free Press or Freep for short. If its not that then I scout Mlive or detnews. That only usually happens when I make the GT's.

Ooooooh I like the sound of that. Could be in use down the road as well since we lack a "big guy" in our forwards.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast