Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Im not sure...he is scoring a little better at 5v5 this year....he also played pretty good against Russia....but I want to see him be better at full strength. I don't know who he replaces next year?

Boy is Cholo winning me back though after his down/bad year in College. Would like to see him take another step in production after this Russia series/second half of the season.

So, on defense we are stuck with Daley (2 years left- $3.1M per), Ericcson (2 years left- $4.25M per), Kronwall (1 year left- $1.75M), DeKeyser (5 years left- $5M per...OUCH), and Jensen (only one year at $850,000). If we don't sign Green or any other FA, which I highly recommend, who makes the last two roster spots this year:

Hronek
    Russo
    Hicketts
    Sulak
    Saarijarvi
    Cholowski

My favorites right now are Hronek and Sulak. I think both are the most ready. I know Hicketts is a favorite of a lot of people but I think one more year with call ups as injury dictates this year would be very beneficial for the guy. Cholowski I think has one of the best upsides but needs a year at GR to hone his game. Saarijarvi doesn't do a whole lot for me right now and Russo just doesn't have the upside the others do. I believe if you get Hronek and Sulak in there this year and after the Kronwall contract ends next season Hicketts comes in. If there is anyway possible to cut bait on Daley/Ericcson after next season, you do that, and add in Cholowski and this years draft pick.

I think Sulak and Hicketts have the best shots. Sulak had a very impressive worlds, and I don't think it would be a great idea to just promote Hronek after 1 season in the AHL. I would like to see him get another half season, he wasn't very impressive at worlds besides a few bright spots. Not saying he isn't still a very good D prospect for us, there just right now is no need to rush him.

I don't think Daley/E will be moved this year. If Green is gone I could see DDK having a bounce back year.

Jordan Sambrook will re-enter the NHL Entry Draft in 2018, per his agent.
    Detroit selected Sambrook in the fifth round of the 2016 draft, but they don't plan on signing him to an entry-level contract. He had 10 goals and 39 points in 67 OHL games in 2017-18.
    no idea if this is actually meaningful but I'm bored

edit: also
    Patrik Rybar has signed a one-year, entry-level contract with the Detroit Red Wings.
    Rybar appeared in 36 games for HK Hradec Kralove of the Czech Extraliga in 2017-18. The 24-year-old netminder posted a 23-13 record, while leading the league with seven shutouts and a 1.73 goals-against average. Rybar also finished the year with a .932 save percentage. He had a 2.24 GAA and .918 save percentage in 12 postseason games as well.
    anyone know anything about this guy? is the Czech Extraliga any decent?
    Last edited by GuySir; 05-25-2018 at 03:55 PM.

I really wanted Sambrook to progress this year, but he really regressed. I bet he gets taken, just didn't fit our pool I guess.

I don't know anything about Rybar, but that is a good league.

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I really wanted Sambrook to progress this year, but he really regressed. I bet he gets taken, just didn't fit our pool I guess.

I don't know anything about Rybar, but that is a good league.
    Good to know, maybe with this guy still being somewhat young he can blossom into something

Veleno is ripping up the Q....looking a lot more like a guy who was rewarded exceptional status right now. I think its 17 points in 10 games with 9g 8a. Also with some healthy defensive stats, and with top notch speed. We may get people hitting themselves more for letting him slip to 30 that Zadina to 6.

Zadina is starting to adjust in the AHL too. They have a big stand next weekend. I am curious to what he will look like after the next 5 games, as he is slowly picking up pace.

McIsaac is looking good too with over a PPG pace and playing a pretty rock steady game. Curious as to what kind of D he turns into, but it could really go either way for stay at home or a guy who could maybe play on a second PP unit. Still would have preferred Wilde here I know I told BW that at the draft, but I still would have preferred him.

Berggren is looking OK against the older competition, I expect him to be another ~3 years until he comes over.

Regula also about a PPG D, although I thought with his size and the power he gets behind his shots he would have more G.

Barton as a freshman in college is producing a PPG as well, he was a good gamble imo. Hopefully developer better than de Haan, but I could see him being the teams captain in a year or two.

Lastly, probably my favorite besides Zadina, Otto Kivenmaki has been outstanding playing against men. I heard there were some rumors after how well he did in the prospects camps that they may have thought hard about signing him and getting him in NA right away. He got off to a real strong start in Liiga and has tailed off a bit but he has some magic to him.
    Last edited by pidg88; 10-20-2018 at 02:48 AM.

Oh for goalies since I really don't scout them, Brattstrom has started off pretty weak in the SHL, Eliasson has looked good against competition his age though. Petruzzelli is also off to a much better start his sophomore year, albeit its just been 2 games. If he can get out of being lazy with his skates and relying less on his size and more on his pretty superb edge work we will look good there.

Way too early Red Wings Mock Draft:

1 (R1)- Alexis Lafreniere, LW (or after pick 1- Tim Stutzle, C)

32 (R2)- Shakir Mukhamadullin, LHD or William Wallinder, LHD

61 (R2- Capitals)- Daniel Torgersson, LW or Jack Quinn, RW

63 (R3)- Tyson Foerster, C or Alexander Nikishin, LHD

68 (R3-SJ)- Dimitri Ovchinnikov, LW or Leo Loof, LHD

Round 4- Hugo Ollas, G

Thatís all I got at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Way too early Red Wings Mock Draft:

1 (R1)- Alexis Lafreniere, LW (or after pick 1- Tim Stutzle, C)

32 (R2)- Shakir Mukhamadullin, LHD or William Wallinder, LHD

61 (R2- Capitals)- Daniel Torgersson, LW or Jack Quinn, RW

63 (R3)- Tyson Foerster, C or Alexander Nikishin, LHD

68 (R3-SJ)- Dimitri Ovchinnikov, LW or Leo Loof, LHD

Round 4- Hugo Ollas, G

Thatís all I got at this time.
    Amazing how a couple of months change some things while other picks would stay the same. I too would have Stutzle as the #2 pick, but I don't think now that Jack Quinn would get out of the 1st round....lol At least if we don't win the lottery,, there's some great players still available. My question is if we do get the #1, what would it take to trade it? Ottawa maybe at 2&5... NJ at maybe 2&9... Buffalo sending us Dahlen and picks?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456