Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

How high will the 76ers set the bar for futility?

The 76ers are 0-16

The record is 0-18

The next game is against the Spurs, let's assume the lose that and then got to Minny. They have a shot there, perhaps against OKC and likely Detroit. But if they can't get a win in the next four games, they might have to wait until Dec 15th when they host Boston (and I'd put my money on Boston).

So, lookin at the games they got coming up from now until Jan 17th (I just assume it won't last into the new year), when do you think the 76ers will earn that first win? They have a tough road stretch starting with a winnable game against Orlando, but Orlando seems to be playing at a much higher level than Philly, as bad as both teams might be.

San Antonio
    @Minny
    OKC
    @Detroit
    @ATL
    @BK
    Memphis
    Boston
    Charlotte
    @Orlando
    @Miam
    @Portland
    @Utah
    @GS
    @PHX
    @LAC
    Cleveland
    Milwaukee
    @BK
    ATL
    @TOR
    NO
    @DET
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

#RollThatTank

Your baby can't do this

How high will the 76ers set the bar for futility?

I say they win against Charlotte Hornets

Your baby can't do this

this is just emberassing

i wonder if any of those "future" players wil hang around after losing SO badly for three years. I would leave immediatly after my contract with them was over

I feel bad for the fans that support that team- they threw away a playoff team with jrue holiday and iggy to go into this mode and they keep throwing away seasons. Noel doesnt look THAT great either. maybe mediocrity and a middle of the pack team isnt the best way to win a ring- but id rather root for a team thats competitive year in and year out than root for a team that tanks for 10 yrs to maybe become a contender in yr 11

Quote Originally Posted by archdevil84 View Post
    i wonder if any of those "future" players wil hang around after losing SO badly for three years. I would leave immediatly after my contract with them was over
    more to the point- how does building a culture of tanking attract any big name free agent. They are almost assuring themselves that they will be attracting the free agents who are just about getting paid and not about winning- and thus the losing culture continues

lol keep making Sixers threads i love it, i love reading all the misguided views of our team its always good for a laugh. We have been the worst team in the league for 2 years and get more attention than the majority of the league

Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    lol keep making Sixers threads i love it, i love reading all the misguided views of our team its always good for a laugh. We have been the worst team in the league for 2 years and get more attention than the majority of the league
    you guys are gonna force the league to change the lotto system

lol right bcuz we are the first ever team to "tank". the league voted AGAINST a lotto reform for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    lol right bcuz we are the first ever team to "tank". the league voted AGAINST a lotto reform for a reason
    yeah but yall do it every single year... eventually you gotta atleast see what you have with the lotto picks. its pathetic- your in the east. I could find 5 jr high girls that could make the playoffs out east.

Also- what types of free agents do you think will want to come to a team that puts no interest in winning games since iverson took them to the finals 20 yrs ago.

at what point is enough enough?

also- in regards to the cba- the 76ers cant complain about losing money when they arent even trying to put a decent product on the floor year in and year out

Quote Originally Posted by archdevil84 View Post
    2 Things:

1- They won't be able to pay all these players once their rookie are over and they're start peaking.

2- These players will get so used to losing that will never care about winning. MCW NBA record after 2 seasons could easily be 20-144
    Kings of New York

WELCOME TO PLANET ORANGE & BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    2 Things:

1- They won't be able to pay all these players once their rookie are over and they're start peaking.

2- These players will get so used to losing that will never care about winning. MCW NBA record after 2 seasons could easily be 20-144
    Good points, but especially the bolded. I've said this before too, it's almost like they're doin all this work gathering and grooming players only for them to be snatched up by a more savvy team when they've actually reached potential to be worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    more to the point- how does building a culture of tanking attract any big name free agent. They are almost assuring themselves that they will be attracting the free agents who are just about getting paid and not about winning- and thus the losing culture continues
    this also true idd. the only free agents who are gonna come to philly are stat padding stars like lance and rudy gay. players like that wont win you anything in the long haul

i hope in 2 years all the somewhat developed good philly players (like mcw, nerlens noel etc) wil just leave and they and up with the worst team ever and no picks anymore. that would be awesome. no offense to sixers fans

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast