Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 583 of 600 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 9000
  1. #8731
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Barreto was actually an underrated prospect at the time. AA basically convinced the A’s they were smarter than him. They weren’t.

    Lawrie was also a big piece of the deal
    He also gave up quantity. Nolin and Graveman along for the ride too.

    Remember how highly thought of Nolin was for a minute?

    I think one of AA's biggest talents is convincing others how "good" his prospects are

  2. #8732
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,162
    he got them to accept Lawrie as JD's replacment

  3. #8733
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Well, I did say "something like" that deal.

    Merrifield is good, but he's no JD. He also lost some value this year as his SB's went waaay down. He was an all star because KC needed a representative. I think 3 guys who can step in and start games, and a guy with 30+ HR potential is a good start. You can swap out McKinney with Alford and add in a youngster like Hiraldo, but I wouldn't do much more than that. The real big trade chips need to be preserved for when they shop for TORP's.
    The guy is good stop looking for reasons to diminish his value.

  4. #8734
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,798
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    The guy is good stop looking for reasons to diminish his value.
    Yeah they turned down better deals than that for merrifield this tdl.

  5. #8735
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,798
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He also gave up quantity. Nolin and Graveman along for the ride too.

    Remember how highly thought of Nolin was for a minute?

    I think one of AA's biggest talents is convincing others how "good" his prospects are
    No I don’t remember Nolin being a good prospect. Both him and graveman were “pitchability” guys. They didn’t have great MLB stuff. Innings eaters if they pitch well.

  6. #8736
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,085
    Jack Flaherty youngest Cards pitcher to reach 200 Ks since 1890.

  7. #8737
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    911
    .

  8. #8738
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Jack Flaherty youngest Cards pitcher to reach 200 Ks since 1890.
    He' gonna be the one that got away for a long time, pitchers with arms that good who know how to pitch are worth their weight in gold

  9. #8739
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,820
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    The guy is good stop looking for reasons to diminish his value.
    He's good for sure(....hence why i want him), but he isnt someone you give up top pitching prospects for.

  10. #8740
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He's good for sure(....hence why i want him), but he isnt someone you give up top pitching prospects for.
    That's on Atkins to figure out. I can tell you if Giles finishes the year strong Atkins needs to work the phones and and get a deal done for an outfielder. With big time closer in hand that should be doable. and **** me if he gets another fisher

  11. #8741
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    9,862
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    That's on Atkins to figure out. I can tell you if Giles finishes the year strong Atkins needs to work the phones and and get a deal done for an outfielder. With big time closer in hand that should be doable. and **** me if he gets another fisher
    You think Giles can get a good starting MLB outfielder?

    I would expect more then Fisher, too. But we have a better asset then the ones we have up in the Fisher trade. It's pretty apparent that was a garbage for garbage trade. You finally understand that, right?

  12. #8742
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    You think Giles can get a good starting MLB outfielder?
    Jorge Soler
    Clint Frazier
    Gleyber Torres
    Justus Sheffield
    Logan Allen
    Manuel Margot
    ....

    I would expect more then Fisher, too. But we have a better asset then the ones we have up in the Fisher trade. It's pretty apparent that was a garbage for garbage trade. You finally understand that, right?
    Convince me

  13. #8743
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    9,862
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Jorge Soler
    Clint Frazier
    Gleyber Torres
    Justus Sheffield
    Logan Allen
    Manuel Margot
    ....



    Convince me
    I'm not sure what your getting at. You listed 3 OF, 2 P and a SS. Are those the guys you would trade Giles for?

    https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...490&position=P

    https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...194&position=P

    https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...92&position=OF

    I mean, looking at their stats from this year it's pretty apparent none of them are very good. Can you not see that?

  14. #8744
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'm not sure what your getting at. You listed 3 OF, 2 P and a SS. Are those the guys you would trade Giles for?
    Those were some of the core pieces received in return for the Chapman, Kimbrel, Miller and Davis deals so yes.


    https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...490&position=P

    https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...194&position=P

    https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...92&position=OF

    I mean, looking at their stats from this year it's pretty apparent none of them are very good. Can you not see that?
    Fisher does not have even 1 elite tool. Sanchez and Big man have elite arms. I wouldn't even do a one for one for Fisher.

  15. #8745
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    20,252
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post

    Convince me
    Well, the stats that Aaron Sanchez and Derek Fisher put up over the last few years have been absolutely putrid. Are you of the belief that Derek Fisher was actually a player they wanted?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •