Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 438 of 470 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 7043
    Another deal that may make sense would be to trade Grandy and Happ to the Cubs for Ian Happ. He is another switch hitter who has posted OBP's over .400 in May, June and so far in July. He is young, controllable and exactly what this lineup needs. He seems to not like hitting in Wrigley too, so his numbers may eventually go up once he gets used to the pitchers in the AL.

The cubs are chasing a red hot Brewers team (who has also been rumored to be looking into the availability of Happ). If the Jays can start a bidding war between the Cubs, Brewers and Yankees than this could get interesting. Those 3 teams have an awful lot of good young talent they can trade. Happ isn't among the Cubs 10 most valuable players this season in terms of WAR this season, so it is a good time to try and pry him loose.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I would love to pry Josh James out via trade at the deadline. If JD accepts his QO, then pry Charlie Morton away from the Astros in FA and bring back Happ. They are older, but they are both still on top of their games.

Another intriguing name from the Houston system is Rogelio Armenteros from Havana. Dude is 15-1 in the PCL over the past 2 seasons (24 starts) with an ERA of 2.92 and 150 K's in 132 IP. He isn't a flame thrower, but dude knows how to pitch, he strikes people out and has kept the ball in the yard pretty well in the PCL. The Astros don't have any room in their rotation for him, but he may be the heir apparent to Charlie Morton or Dallas Keuchel. Either way, that franchise is a goldmine of pitching right now and they don't play in this division like NY.
    What would Houston want? They are stacked. Morton, Verlander, Cole, at front of their rotation. McCullers their 4th starter. Keuchel and McCullers both go to bullpen in playoffs I would imagine. That will give them a deep pen.

Keuchel in the BP? Holy **** that team is stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Keuchel in the BP? Holy **** that team is stacked.
    In playoffs every series usually has 2 off days with a couple of days off between series so teams can go with 3 starters. They generally shorten their outings to twice thru the order. They say third time thru the order better to go with another pitcher as third time around averages against same starter rises. Unless it is a Sale or Verlander maybe not but most starters. Closers usually finish up. Middle relievers rarely get used unless a mop up game or goes extra innings

The cubs are chasing a red hot Brewers team (who has also been rumored to be looking into the availability of Happ). If the Jays can start a bidding war between the Cubs, Brewers and Yankees than this could get interesting. Those 3 teams have an awful lot of good young talent they can trade. Happ isn't among the Cubs 10 most valuable players this season in terms of WAR this season, so it is a good time to try and pry him loose.
    I thought the Cubs had one of, if not, the worst farm systems right now. But then I reread your post and your looking at a roster player. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    In playoffs every series usually has 2 off days with a couple of days off between series so teams can go with 3 starters. They generally shorten their outings to twice thru the order. They say third time thru the order better to go with another pitcher as third time around averages against same starter rises. Unless it is a Sale or Verlander maybe not but most starters. Closers usually finish up. Middle relievers rarely get used unless a mop up game or goes extra innings
    Yeah I understand that. Its just rediculious to have an ace in the BP. Rediculious as in I'm jealous.

What would Houston want? They are stacked. Morton, Verlander, Cole, at front of their rotation. McCullers their 4th starter. Keuchel and McCullers both go to bullpen in playoffs I would imagine. That will give them a deep pen.
    I think you see McCullers and that breaking ball used out of the bullpen again like last year and Keuchel will be their 4th starter when needed. They are absolutely loaded. To be honest I am not even sure what the heck they need other than some bullpen help to get them through Aug/Sept. Their starters are so good though they don't really need much help.

I'd love to see a blockbuster with the Cubs..

Clippard, Granderson and J.A Happ

for

Ian Happ

Then bring J.A back in the off season. It will be like he never left.

I think you see McCullers and that breaking ball used out of the bullpen again like last year and Keuchel will be their 4th starter when needed. They are absolutely loaded. To be honest I am not even sure what the heck they need other than some bullpen help to get them through Aug/Sept. Their starters are so good though they don't really need much help.

for

Ian Happ

Not too sure Iíd want him back what with him being 36 next year and the way heís pitching now.

At this point I don't see the point of signing a 36 year old pitcher unless the plan is to flip him again next deadline.

I'd rather give the spot to bouriki or SFJ.

You can never have to much depth. Sanchez, Stroman, Happ, Borucki, Gaviglio, SRF. I would still try to sign him in the off-season. I really canít see Estrada being back.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    At this point I don't see the point of signing a 36 year old pitcher unless the plan is to flip him again next deadline.

I'd rather give the spot to bouriki or SFJ.
    Holy **** I butchered their names.

for

Ian Happ

Well, Cubs are reportly interested in Granderson. So, there is a start. Where do you see Happ in centerfield. I don't know the Cubs or NL that well.

Where does Machado end up? Been a lot of talk about the Phillies lately. People say they have the farm system to move the young players, salary room and are a good team now. With Machado a WS team.

Astros in need of bullpen help as they sent Giles down.

Osuna
    Tepera
    Clipboard
    Axford
    Oh

Take your pick

Well, Cubs are reportly interested in Granderson. So, there is a start. Where do you see Happ in centerfield. I don't know the Cubs or NL that well.
    I see Happ as a younger Zobrist. LF, RF, 2B, CF or 3B. He's another young, athletic versatile player to help make it thru the 162 game marathon. Acquiring versatile players also makes it easy come trade season. If you need to give up something to get something, you have several others players that can fill the void left by the player(s) on their way out.