Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 471 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Laroche at 2/25 sounds a billion times better than trading for bottom yet he got no chatter here. But I'm sure it's not because votto is Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by ocanada View Post
    Laroche at 2/25 sounds a billion times better than trading for bottom yet he got no chatter here. But I'm sure it's not because votto is Canadian.
    huh ?

Did auto-correct or whatever they call it turn Votto into bottom? If so, lol.

**trading for Votto (not bottom)

**trading for Votto (not bottom)
    his contract makes me want to throw up.

but who knows in 5 years it might be a bargain lol

i suggest trading for Donaldson...oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44:29313707
    Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    Hell no ~~

Just compare the prime performance 1B this decade, their contract rewarded and consequent demise of current club

Yankees - Mark Texiera (22m/year 2016)
    Phillies - Ryan Howard (25m/year 2015)
    Rangers - Prince Fielder (24m/year 2021)
    Reds - Joey Votto (22m/year 2022)

I mean, one freak injury easily bury the player and its club for a long long time.

Rangers skipped the injury-prone Texiera only to fall victim in Prince Fielder fiasco...

There is a silver lining when Angels bailed us out by absorbing Vernon 'freakin Wells albatross contract

Now let's just stay cool, thankful and awake to steer away from Mr.Toronto Joey Votto

Good luck, have fun in Cincinnati. Just don't bite Toronto when all is said and done

rather take chances on dozens of justin smoak, ike davis, chris *undopped* davis, edwin encarnacion, joe bautista than any mammoth paid super first basemens out there

Are you really saying that the Texeira contract caused a demise of the NY Yankees? The team that has more money than anyone? No single bad contract can destroy a team like the Yankees. They haven't made the playoffs in 2 years, but they aren't in shambles or anything. They overspend on everyone.

The Phillies also threw money around like it was no object for a while trying to win. I wouldn't say their demise is totally the fault of Ryan Howard. They aren't strapped for cash. What about the 25 Million they paid Cliff Lee this year for his 4 wins?

The Rangers didn't sign Fielder, the Tigers did. The Tigers also made it to the playoffs both seasons with Fielder, and in 2014 after they traded him away. In total they have made the playoffs each of the last 4 years.....where is the demise of that franchise again? The Rangers were a total debacle in 2014, especially on the mound. I don't think you can blame Fielder for what happened in Texas last year.

The Reds made the playoffs in 2010, 2012 and 2013. How exactly did Votto cause their demise? His big money years hasn't even kicked in yet, so he isn't even the reason they failed to bring back Choo.

Sure those long term contracts all mega eventually turn bad near the end, but the first few years you normally get what you are paying for....an elite player that will help you win a lot of games.
    Dude, that's exactly what i m saying here, hear me out again.

Yankees - missed playoffs 2 years in a row

even with their mega-bucks warchest, they are scrambling for pieces to fill holes because they got not one but 3 albatross contracts - CC as ace of pitching staff and A-roid / Texiera on the hot corners.

I.e. why no panda, no hanley ramirez at 3b?

wouldn't you expect them to grab either one given their resources? or did they already spent it years ago? that's demise into a long money trap

Phillies- yet another example. 3 fat deals in Cliff Lee (pitching co-ace) + Howard forces them to sell off Hamels for a total rebuild

Dynasty never got going, and demise is doomed before it's too late to rid of what is still valuable in hamels

Rangers - I never pinpointed Tigers as a demising club as they cleverly got out of Fielder just in time like we did of Vernon Wells

its now Rangers in serious trouble, but no resource to ease the hole they now dug themselves into

Reds - Votto is still good but for how many years longer? overpaying votto and chapman weakens Reds pitching drastically as they can't afford to extend all of cueto latos bailey on level terms, unless anothet next wave of prospect arms step up

Dodgers - another team i really want to stress. it's your 2015 version of yankees last decade

Kemp, Crawford, Ethier, A Gonzalez, Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, League, Wilson

actively shopping overpaid OF trio and losing hanley ramirez is a blessing as they realize its time to trim the fat

if you still can't understand how mega-juicy deals hurt clubs for years to come, you are pretty behind in a basic aspect of the game
    Last edited by superfio; 11-29-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    i suggest trading for Donaldson...oh wait.
    You really went out on a limb on that one

What do you think it would cost to get Clippard + Detwiler + McLouth from the Nats?? Clippard could become our CL, Detwiler can become either a SP or BP and McLouth can play all OF pos. I was just thinking outside the box but it would address some needs : CL/SP/OF. Thoughts??

Jays don't need a SP, and McLouth isn't a guy you want to add. Clippard would be worth a lot so I don't even know what the Nats would want.

I know this guy doesn't really have the "wow" factor attached to his name, but would Brian Dozier be the ideal target at 2B? His power from the position is obviously what jumps out at you but he certainly isn't a liability defensively either. Not eligible for free agency until 2019 and could be a stop gap until we know for sure Travis is ready. No idea what the Twins would ask for though.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Dozier would be awesome but the Twins would ask for way too much. He's an excellent player though and would be a gigantic upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Jays don't need a SP, and McLouth isn't a guy you want to add. Clippard would be worth a lot so I don't even know what the Nats would want.
    Really? I feel like it's hard to trust Hutch, Stroman and Happ. And not sure where the Jays rank in SP but I feel like we see WAY too many inconsistency in starters over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Dozier would be awesome but the Twins would ask for way too much. He's an excellent player though and would be a gigantic upgrade.
    Imagine AA getting Dozier and Donaldson without giving away any of Norris, Sanchez, Stroman, Hutch, Pompey? I would go buy season tickets tomorrow lol I agree though the asking price would probably be too high for us.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

I still think Kendrick makes a lot of sense, one year deal gives Travis more time and could fetch us a draft pick the year after.

Happ plus one or two specs only issue is he's a righty when we do desperately need a lefty bat or two

Page 4 of 471 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast