Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 776 of 790 FirstFirst ... 276676726766774775776777778786 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,640 of 11850
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The stats across the season show the elite offense, but a more varied lineup allows you to adjust to pitching matchups more favourably on a game to game basis. I believe lefty/righty balance good help unlock better results.
    It would be a welcomed addition, as long as the numbers overall don’t dip back in order to make room for it.

The stats across the season show the elite offense, but a more varied lineup allows you to adjust to pitching matchups more favourably on a game to game basis. I believe lefty/righty balance good help unlock better results.
    While I would generally agree with you, this team is an outlier.

Vs RHP 262/326/427
    Vs LHP 253/325/427

A 1 point difference in OPS and a 9 point difference in BA with a righty heavy lineup. Realistically, guys like Vlad, Bo, Springer, Kirk and Teo don’t need to be replaced offensively. That leaves our 3 best defensive players in Chapman, Santi and Gurriel to be replaced by a lefty bat and frankly, I don’t want to replace any of those 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    While I would generally agree with you, this team is an outlier.

Vs RHP 262/326/427
    Vs LHP 253/325/427

A 1 point difference in OPS and a 9 point difference in BA with a righty heavy lineup. Realistically, guys like Vlad, Bo, Springer, Kirk and Teo don’t need to be replaced offensively. That leaves our 3 best defensive players in Chapman, Santi and Gurriel to be replaced by a lefty bat and frankly, I don’t want to replace any of those 3.
    It is fair to point out the splits. I do wonder if the impact is more nuanced than just looking at how the batters fair though. Pitchers tend to have different approaches against righties and lefties. I do think forcing the pitcher to change his approach more often leaves more room for mistakes from the pitching side of things. It feels like every time I see us play Tampa they pitch to us the same way and have some success with the approach (for example). And the pitchers just look too comfortable letting those breaking balls fade down and away..

It is possible I make lefty/righty balance a bigger concern than it needs to be. To know for sure, I think the trial group of lefties needs to be a lot better than Biggio/Tapia/Bradley/Zimmer though. I wouldn't advocate putting a lesser bat in just because he is left handed. I would want .800 OPS lefty bat

Get Joc Pederson and put him in OF.

Trade LGJ for pitching.

Always liked joc, just need a platform partner vs LHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Get Joc Pederson and put him in OF.

Trade LGJ for pitching.
    I'm a fan, Dodger system is such a player factory.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Always liked joc, just need a platform partner vs LHP.
    He did pretty decent this year against LHH (750 ops) but yea, you need to platoon him jn some way. That shouldnt be hard anyway. Thats what 4th OF are for.

He did pretty decent this year against LHH (750 ops) but yea, you need to platoon him jn some way. That shouldnt be hard anyway. Thats what 4th OF are for.
    4th OF hopefully can play a passable CF. Espinal hits LHP. Get him some LF reps
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

4th OF hopefully can play a passable CF. Espinal hits LHP. Get him some LF reps
    Well you can move Merrifield/Biggio around to make it work in case you cant get a good 4th OF.

If its a LHP, Merrifield in LF and Espinal at 2B. If its a RHP, Joc in LF and Biggio in 2B. Biggio and Merrifield fill in on rest days around the field for the regular starters too.

The biggest difference (imo) between a stacked right handed lineup and a staggered lineup is that once that pitcher finds the release point for that slider down and away he can keep it quite easily. Also, the approach right handers need to use is to take the FB the other way and see it deep to recognize the slider. Where as a lefty is likely going to see more FB's, back door sliders and change ups (...if they have one). However, guys like Vlad, Teo, Springer, Bo and Kirk can all hit the ball out the other way..... especially at home, and also handle velocity. I really like the way Springer, Vlad, Bo, Teo, Merrfield, Tapia and Jansen all look at the plate right now too. They have a lineup that is producing all over the place.

Also, I think the numbers over 162 games mean something. Most of their hitters just like hitting RHP better than they like hitting left handed pitching. Maybe they pick up sliders better than change ups, maybe they just saw more growing up so they feel most comfortable against them. Whatever it is, the truth is in the numbers.... and the numbers say they like RHP.

You have to remember most of their right handed hitters have been all-stars before. Especially now after Kirk (and Espinal) made it this year. The only right handed hitter in their projected playoff lineup that hasn't been an all-star before is Jansen......and he may be their hottest hitter right now...lol Heck, the only 2 RHB's in their order that haven't been an all-star in the last 2 seasons are Jansen and Chapman. They aren't just some half decent bats that can only hit southpaws. Please stop talking about a bunch of all-stars like they can't hit right handed pitching...because that is just ridiculous If that were the case than they wouldn't be all-star caliber players...lol

If they can improve their stacked lineup this off season and that guy happens to hit left handed than great. You can't just force inferior left handed hitters in the lineup though just because they stand on the other side of the plate. That isn't logical at all. Give me the best 9 bats to go to war with that day. Period. End of story.

Well you can move Merrifield/Biggio around to make it work in case you cant get a good 4th OF.

If its a LHP, Merrifield in LF and Espinal at 2B. If its a RHP, Joc in LF and Biggio in 2B. Biggio and Merrifield fill in on rest days around the field for the regular starters too.
    I can dig it. Trade lgj and a catcher for a sp in that case I suppose. How much joc gonna get as a fa is the question.

Or keep lgj and just sign a sp. I see a lot of intriguing names at various price points.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ee-agents.html

Starting Pitchers

Tyler Anderson (33)
    Chris Archer (34)
    Kohei Arihara (30)
    Chris Bassitt (34)
    Trevor Bauer (32) – can opt out of remaining one year, $17MM
    Matthew Boyd (32)
    Dylan Bundy (30) – $11MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Carlos Carrasco (36) – $14MM club option with a $3MM buyout
    Mike Clevinger (32)
    Johnny Cueto (37)
    Jacob deGrom (35) – can opt out of remaining one year, $30.5MM
    Zach Davies (30)
    Danny Duffy (34) – $7MM club option
    Zach Eflin (29)
    Nathan Eovaldi (33)
    Kyle Gibson (35)
    Sonny Gray (33) – $12MM club option
    Zack Greinke (39)
    Andrew Heaney (32)
    Rich Hill (43)
    Clayton Kershaw (35)
    Dallas Keuchel (35)
    Corey Kluber (37)
    Chad Kuhl (30)
    Michael Lorenzen (31)
    Jordan Lyles (32) – $11MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Sean Manaea (31)
    Nick Martinez (32) – $6.5MM player option with a $1.5MM buyout
    Wade Miley (36)
    Mike Minor (35) – $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Aaron Nola (30) – $16MM club option with a $4.25MM buyout
    Jake Odorizzi (33) – $12.5MM player option with a $6.25MM buyout
    James Paxton (34) – two-year, $26MM club option for 2023-24; if club declines, Paxton has $4MM player option
    Martin Perez (32)
    Michael Pineda (34)
    David Price (37)
    Jose Quintana (34)
    Carlos Rodon (30) – can opt out of remaining one year, $22.5MM
    Joe Ross (30)
    Aaron Sanchez (30)
    Anibal Sanchez (39)
    Luis Severino (29) – $15MM club option with a $2.75MM buyout
    Drew Smyly (34) – $10MM mutual option with a $1MM buyout
    Ross Stripling (33)
    Noah Syndergaard (30)
    Jameson Taillon (31)
    Jose Urena (31)
    Vince Velasquez (31)
    Justin Verlander (40) – $25MM player option
    Michael Wacha (31)
    Adam Wainwright (41)
    Taijuan Walker (30) – $6MM player option with a $3MM buyout
    Trevor Williams (31)
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

It is fair to point out the splits. I do wonder if the impact is more nuanced than just looking at how the batters fair though. Pitchers tend to have different approaches against righties and lefties. I do think forcing the pitcher to change his approach more often leaves more room for mistakes from the pitching side of things. It feels like every time I see us play Tampa they pitch to us the same way and have some success with the approach (for example). And the pitchers just look too comfortable letting those breaking balls fade down and away..

It is possible I make lefty/righty balance a bigger concern than it needs to be. To know for sure, I think the trial group of lefties needs to be a lot better than Biggio/Tapia/Bradley/Zimmer though. I wouldn't advocate putting a lesser bat in just because he is left handed. I would want .800 OPS lefty bat
    I get what you’re saying but I’m of the belief that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I assumed you were talking about a better left handed bat than what’s out there. Not just getting a lefty for the sake of it. Taking a quick glance at FA, the only suitable option is Brandon Nimmo and I don’t really trust his ability to stay healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I can dig it. Trade lgj and a catcher for a sp in that case I suppose. How much joc gonna get as a fa is the question.

Or keep lgj and just sign a sp. I see a lot of intriguing names at various price points.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ee-agents.html

Starting Pitchers

Tyler Anderson (33)
    Chris Archer (34)
    Kohei Arihara (30)
    Chris Bassitt (34)
    Trevor Bauer (32) – can opt out of remaining one year, $17MM
    Matthew Boyd (32)
    Dylan Bundy (30) – $11MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Carlos Carrasco (36) – $14MM club option with a $3MM buyout
    Mike Clevinger (32)
    Johnny Cueto (37)
    Jacob deGrom (35) – can opt out of remaining one year, $30.5MM
    Zach Davies (30)
    Danny Duffy (34) – $7MM club option
    Zach Eflin (29)
    Nathan Eovaldi (33)
    Kyle Gibson (35)
    Sonny Gray (33) – $12MM club option
    Zack Greinke (39)
    Andrew Heaney (32)
    Rich Hill (43)
    Clayton Kershaw (35)
    Dallas Keuchel (35)
    Corey Kluber (37)
    Chad Kuhl (30)
    Michael Lorenzen (31)
    Jordan Lyles (32) – $11MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Sean Manaea (31)
    Nick Martinez (32) – $6.5MM player option with a $1.5MM buyout
    Wade Miley (36)
    Mike Minor (35) – $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout
    Aaron Nola (30) – $16MM club option with a $4.25MM buyout
    Jake Odorizzi (33) – $12.5MM player option with a $6.25MM buyout
    James Paxton (34) – two-year, $26MM club option for 2023-24; if club declines, Paxton has $4MM player option
    Martin Perez (32)
    Michael Pineda (34)
    David Price (37)
    Jose Quintana (34)
    Carlos Rodon (30) – can opt out of remaining one year, $22.5MM
    Joe Ross (30)
    Aaron Sanchez (30)
    Anibal Sanchez (39)
    Luis Severino (29) – $15MM club option with a $2.75MM buyout
    Drew Smyly (34) – $10MM mutual option with a $1MM buyout
    Ross Stripling (33)
    Noah Syndergaard (30)
    Jameson Taillon (31)
    Jose Urena (31)
    Vince Velasquez (31)
    Justin Verlander (40) – $25MM player option
    Michael Wacha (31)
    Adam Wainwright (41)
    Taijuan Walker (30) – $6MM player option with a $3MM buyout
    Trevor Williams (31)
    Out of pitchers I would be interested in if I'm the Jays, I would go after Severino, De Grom or Bauer

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Come on man. Bo might be a better 2B potentially than a SS, but, you can't trade his bat.
    Bo won't move. His glove keeping team from winning WS. Vain or something he is. September stats are wonky. Everybody knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Bo won't move. His glove keeping team from winning WS. Vain or something he is. September stats are wonky. Everybody knows why.
    or he could have figured it out. He's still only 24