Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 519 of 526 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 7882
    The 1969 Mets won a world series on the strength of their pitching. The 108 win Orioles had great hitting, hitting may win games but pitching wins championships

This Jays team is a better hitting team than that Met team, think about that.

The Mets had a .242 batting average 109 hrs 598 RBI. The Orioles crushed them in hitting. 20 points in team batting. 60% more HRS, 25% more RBI.

Great pitching beats Great hitting.

And it wasn't like the Orioles pitching wasn't good also their starting 4 went 73-29 that year.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 07-11-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Twinkies won't give up Lewis, Krilloff or Grateral in any trade, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Too bad for the Twins then. You have to give up something to get something. I wouldn’t even engage them if that’s what they were telling me.

Can't really blame the Twins they are in first place pretty much assured of a playoff berth. As it stands there are still multiple starters available and no one really knows just how healthy Stroman is or isn't at the moment.

As with everyone else teams are all positioning themselves to get the best deal they can and posturing. Somebody will end up without a chair when this particular game of musical chairs is over. As there is every year.

If I were the twins I wouldn't move them either. Since they can't possibly guarantee that they'll be better than the Yankees or the Astros

I personally think it's 60-40 that Stroman goes nowhere and signs here. That seems like it's the most comfortable option for Shapiro that he can sell to the fans. He can't afford another Drury/McKinney or Merryweather debacle. I know Stroman has given up hope that this will happen. But Stroman is too popular here and I think Shapiro knows he can't afford to make another major mistake.

Just imagine Stroman as an Astro in the World Series. while we get the Wild Man Josh James and A couple of never will be's. James throws hard. And has talent. But he has no idea where the ball will end up. His most likely destination is the Backstop behind the catcher
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 07-12-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Twinkies won't give up Lewis, Krilloff or Grateral in any trade, apparently.
    Yep I saw that, wouldn't expect them to openly say otherwise. Screw them though Stroman/Giles could be a difference maker for them, they are desperate for a starter so I would start at kirilloff.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Too bad for the Twins then. You have to give up something to get something. I wouldn’t even engage them if that’s what they were telling me.
    I'm sure it's probably just posturing. They are going to have to go e something of value up if they want to land anyone of notoriety

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Can't really blame the Twins they are in first place pretty much assured of a playoff berth. As it stands there are still multiple starters available and no one really knows just how healthy Stroman is or isn't at the moment.

As with everyone else teams are all positioning themselves to get the best deal they can and posturing. Somebody will end up without a chair when this particular game of musical chairs is over. As there is every year.

If I were the twins I wouldn't move them either. Since they can't possibly guarantee that they'll be better than the Yankees or the Astros

I personally think it's 60-40 that Stroman goes nowhere and signs here. That seems like it's the most comfortable option for Shapiro that he can sell to the fans. He can't afford another Drury/McKinney or Merryweather debacle. I know Stroman has given up hope that this will happen. But Stroman is too popular here and I think Shapiro knows he can't afford to make another major mistake.

Just imagine Stroman as an Astro in the World Series. while we get the Wild Man Josh James and A couple of never will be's. James throws hard. And has talent. But he has no idea where the ball will end up. His most likely destination is the Backstop behind the catcher

He's going to be an umpire?

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Yep I saw that, wouldn't expect them to openly say otherwise. Screw them though Stroman/Giles could be a difference maker for them, they are desperate for a starter so I would start at kirilloff.
    As would I, then Balasovic and then add from there.

Hmmm... It's almost like the tdl is dictating what teams are willing to give up in a trade...

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Hmmm... It's almost like the tdl is dictating what teams are willing to give up in a trade...
    No silly, you have to trade everyone before they get hurt. Preferably in April.

NO ITS TEAMS DICTATING THEY DONT NEED TO MAKE A MOVE

which is exactly why you make a move when you get a best offer

the Twins are telling you that their best prospects arent available

so you have to look elsewhere

deadlines dont change that the only thing that changes that is having the piece that everybody wants and that can be traded at any time

im gonna so laugh when you get burned again

exactly when has Shapiro recieved an elite prospect in trade again?

but keep buying the pigs in a poke you keep getting

tampa got 2 allstar caliber guys in Glasnow and Meadows, and the 12th overall pick in the draft (shane Baz) for archer lets see Shapiro get that for Stroman.... dont worry he wont get near that

chris archer: 60-77 3.84 era
    marcus stroman: 46-43 3.81 era

boy are you gonna look foolish
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 07-12-2019 at 03:10 PM.

NO ITS TEAMS DICTATING THEY DONT NEED TO MAKE A MOVE

which is exactly why you make a move when you get a best offer

the Twins are telling you that their best prospects arent available

so you have to look elsewhere

deadlines dont change that the only thing that changes that is having the piece that everybody wants and that can be traded at any time

im gonna so laugh when you get burned again

exactly when has Shapiro recieved an elite prospect in trade again?

but keep buying the pigs in a poke you keep getting

tampa got 2 allstar caliber guys in Glasnow and Meadows, lets see Shapiro get that for Stroman
    Yeah, and the best offers are made at the deadline

And again... we aren't shapiro. We wouldn't be the ones getting burned and we aren't the ones waiting until the deadline. No idea why you keep acting like we pull the strings here. Like somehow the posters on psd are making the decisions and if you yell at us and mock us then shapiro will somehow change his stripes.

When did the glasnow and meadows trade go down again?

As would I, then Balasovic and then add from there.
    Atkins is going to deal Stroman for quantity over quality - just watch.

Yeah, and the best offers are made at the deadline

And again... we aren't shapiro. We wouldn't be the ones getting burned and we aren't the ones waiting until the deadline. No idea why you keep acting like we pull the strings here. Like somehow the posters on psd are making the decisions and if you yell at us and mock us then shapiro will somehow change his stripes.

When did the glasnow and meadows trade go down again?

it went down when he got his best offer, and the deadline had little to do with it

when was Donaldsons best offer ? it was the winter before we traded him, certainly not at the time we did trade him which was at your beloved deadline

thats why you always trade when you get the best offer, not on some arbitrary calendar date