Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 724 of 728 FirstFirst ... 224624674714722723724725726 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 10917
    Steep.

Ross and Shap’s RA Dickey deal? Better work out or else they’ll never hear the end of it if Martin or SWR turn out.

Omg… honestly feels like a TERRIBLE trade rn. Stroman and the entire tank season for berrios….

I'm only not mad because I'm not convinced either of these guys are going to make it to MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I'm only not mad because I'm not convinced either of these guys are going to make it to MLB.
    Martin or SWR you mean?

If that’s the case then it’s highway robbery, but I highly doubt that. Feel like sharing what has brought you to that conclusion? I could use some copium rn.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Martin or SWR you mean?

If that’s the case then it’s highway robbery, but I highly doubt that. Feel like sharing what has brought you to that conclusion? I could use some copium rn.
    Of the two, I think Martin has the higher chance of reaching his potential. The problem with both of these prospects is right now they aren't performing. Martin's got an insane OBP, but zero power (probably due to injury, but as we saw with Overbay, sometimes the power never returns after hand injuries). SWR is still young, but the results have been pretty bad this year. Lots of Ks, but it's AA, where the competition isn't as good. Whip of 1.5 isn't promising.

I agree that we're probably selling low on both these guys, though. Think about what a package of SWR and Austin Martin might have got us in the offseason...

Think Jays will clean out farm system? Like 2015. For a shot at WS? Add Kimble and Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Of the two, I think Martin has the higher chance of reaching his potential. The problem with both of these prospects is right now they aren't performing. Martin's got an insane OBP, but zero power (probably due to injury, but as we saw with Overbay, sometimes the power never returns after hand injuries). SWR is still young, but the results have been pretty bad this year. Lots of Ks, but it's AA, where the competition isn't as good. Whip of 1.5 isn't promising.

I agree that we're probably selling low on both these guys, though. Think about what a package of SWR and Austin Martin might have got us in the offseason...
    Mmm shoot it in my veins plz!

Classic Atkins to sell at the lowest possible point. I personally find it infuriating. The only thing that will get me past the consistent meme is a championship. I’m so terribly disappointed in this guy it’s breaking my heart.

I was pointing out in the raptors thread the difference between trusting management and not. MU goes off the board and we can all rest assured Barnes will develop into a superstar.
    Atkins has never given me that “I trust his process” feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Think Jays will clean out farm system? Like 2015. For a shot at WS? Add Kimble and Bryant.
    Even if the did we probably miss the WC.

Shi Davidi suggested that could happen given what they've done with Berrios.

Who else is out there? I saw we were linked to Story. I’d love Luis Castillo. We still need probably two more dependable bullpen arms. One of the very least.

Ryu
    Berrios
    Ray
    Manoah
    Matz/Stripling

That looks a lot better now

really?? we're 4.5 back with an expected w/l of 59-40. The Jays have severely underperformed mostly on the backs of the bullpen meltdowns. If you're not going to go for it this year and position the team well for 2022 when do you do it.

Also, where do you see Martin and Groshans fitting on this team?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    really?? we're 4.5 back with an expected w/l of 59-40. The Jays have severely underperformed mostly on the backs of the bullpen meltdowns. If you're not going to go for it this year and position the team well for 2022 when do you do it.

Martins gone yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post

Martin would’ve been CF I’d imagine at some point. Springer would’ve moved to one of the corners.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Martin would’ve been CF I’d imagine at some point. Springer would’ve moved to one of the corners.
    So then where do Gurriel and Teoscar go?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Martins gone yo.
    We all know that. I meant where would you see Groshans and Martin fitting on this team if we hadn't made the trade.

I also get that you will never be objective about Atkins so your comments about him will be taken with a grain of salt. First he couldn't build a farm, (we're top 5 IIRC), then we couldn't sign big name free agents, (See Ryu, Springer, Semien), He can't trade, (see Hand, Teo, Hatch, SWR,) so now we shouldn't have traded for an ace??? Seems whichever way Atkins goes your critical.

We have a shot in 2021, and are set up well for 2022. We still have a strong farm with a very good major league roster. I recall you saying we'll never rebuild into a contender until at least 2023 or 2024, looks like we're a contender now.