Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 697 of 701 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 10506
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    That part of the deal would be Kyle Hendricks. I'd still make a play on Rizzo for this season if the Cubs end up having a fire sale. Rizzo, Baez and Bryant could all be traded and are all rentals. We have one good lefty bat in Biggio. I don't have a whole lot of faith in Tellez and would much rather replace him with Rizzo if given the opportunity.
    I mean if they throw in Rizzo as a salary dump and donít expect any prospect capitol in return.... but Iím not adding anything to the deal to get rizzo.

In 2015 we were 500 when we traded for David Price, a rental. That led to the most exciting year of baseball this millenium. This time around we have a much better farm to deal from and wouldn't have to deplete it in order to get said rental.
    You just donít deal for rentals for a position that youíre already deep at and have other glaring holes. It just doesnít make sense.

if we have a chance to land Rizzo we'd be fools not to take it.

ATL isn't rebuilding so a trade for Freeman would probably be just for Freeman if anything at all. I doubt they deal him but then again, it's AA.
    I disagree with the first part. Maybe show me what an acceptable trade package for rizzo would be in your opinion. I donít think heís worth any of our top 30 specs personally.

As far as the 2nd part: does AA have a propensity to trade his MVPís or something? No idea where youíre coming from with that one.

In 2015 we were 500 when we traded for David Price, a rental. That led to the most exciting year of baseball this millenium. This time around we have a much better farm to deal from and wouldn't have to deplete it in order to get said rental.
    We had the best run differential in the league with multiple MVP caliber performers. + the Yankees entering a rebuild. Our competition was Baltimore with a terrible run differential. We also had those MVPís locked in to well below market value contracts, with the clock ticking on their careers. The farm was ranked about the same, despite all the win-now trades that had already taken place.

Maybe weíre in a similar place come the TDL... but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    You just donít deal for rentals for a position that youíre already deep at and have other glaring holes. It just doesnít make sense.
    K we better back off before he cryís about us not agreeing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I wouldn't call us deep at 1B but it depends on how you view Tellez really. I've never had much faith in him. Rizzo would fill 2 of our team's glaring holes too. Those being lefty bats and infield defence.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 04-16-2021 at 02:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

We had the best run differential in the league with multiple MVP caliber performers. + the Yankees entering a rebuild. Our competition was Baltimore with a terrible run differential. We also had those MVPís locked in to well below market value contracts, with the clock ticking on their careers. The farm was ranked about the same, despite all the win-now trades that had already taken place.

Lol not even close.

I disagree with the first part. Maybe show me what an acceptable trade package for rizzo would be in your opinion. I donít think heís worth any of our top 30 specs personally.

As far as the 2nd part: does AA have a propensity to trade his MVPís or something? No idea where youíre coming from with that one.
    As I've said before, Hendricks would be the main piece I go after as he's signed through 2024 on a team friendly deal. I'd also try and scoop up Rizzo if given the opportunity. Hendricks is the guy I want. Rizzo would be the icing on the cake.

AA has a tendency to wheel and deal. You never know what he's going to come up with. Some of his trades turn out good and others are complete disasters. That's what I was getting at.

Even before the injury, I would be looking at adding a third baseman over a first. Let Biggio be a super utility player and trade for a legit third baseman

The farm in 15 isn't really close to where it is now. I get hindsight is 20/20 but I am pretty sure we have 7 players in BA's top 100 and we are in the top 10 in the league (6, I believe). I do agree that I wouldn't give anything of value up for a rental. The only way I give up anything is if we get a young stud SP, like Marquez or Castillo. Even then, I am not trading Martin.

IIRC, coming into the season the 2015 farm was 10th in the league and our farm this year is 7th. But the roster construction was different so the gap is actually bigger if you want to refer to young/developed talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Even before the injury, I would be looking at adding a third baseman over a first. Let Biggio be a super utility player and trade for a legit third baseman
    Yea I probably rather this. Kris Bryant probably the biggest name 3B?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Yea I probably rather this. Kris Bryant probably the biggest name 3B?
    I'd say and he's off to a pretty hot start as well.

He's a rental so he's not my first choice. But he'll probably be the one most likely to be traded.

Sounds like the FO is still very active. Radio guys talking about Kyle Seager.