Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 696 of 699 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,440 of 10474
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He found a way to do his show without having to worry about being on TV. This is Bobcat winning at life....as usual. He will play his golf and get his check all while working from his house....with his buddy Shannon.

I actually miss PTS. Not because I miss Bob, but I miss the people he used to have on his show on a regular basis. If he had a question about what the Raptors were gonna do, he would have Masai call in and ask Masai. If he had a question about the Jays, he would get Atkins or Shapiro. Something about the leafs.....Kyle Dubas. He constantly got stuff from the horses mouth and not just some schmucks opinion.
    Wasnít just Bobcat for me either. But he really is a good interviewer. And of course he broke some big news on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    1 of 2 things is happening. Either bobcat loves talking about the same thing everyday... or he hates his wife.

Dudes made enough money to retire. Iíd be long gone.
    Or he is a willful, stubborn man that wants to prove that Sportsnet made a mistake.

I vote for the fact that he loves his job personally. I think it has become part of his identity. One that he embraces.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Or he is a willful, stubborn man that wants to prove that Sportsnet made a mistake.

I vote for the fact that he loves his job personally. I think it has become part of his identity. One that he embraces.
    Yeah itís totally a part of him now.

And he gets to make boatloads of money for talking about sports, something he clearly has a love for. He's living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    And he gets to make boatloads of money for talking about sports, something he clearly has a love for. He's living the dream.
    Not sure how many views he gets currently, but he I doubt heís making the kind of money he was making with the Fan. Tbh probably a better product now though. Product of passion.

I hope everyone has their eye on the Cubbies. We could do some 1 stop shopping at the TDL to make the Jays a WS contender. Kyle Hendricks and Anthony Rizzo anyone?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I hope everyone has their eye on the Cubbies. We could do some 1 stop shopping at the TDL to make the Jays a WS contender. Kyle Hendricks and Anthony Rizzo anyone?
    Donít think weíll need a 1B.

Donít think weíll need a 1B.
    Heís a rental and a GG 1B. No shame in having Vladdy DH. Tellez isnít much to write home about.

Heís a rental and a GG 1B. No shame in having Vladdy DH. Tellez isnít much to write home about.
    He hasn't been himself since 2019. If he can get back on track, maybe. But no need for a 1B that can't hit.

Iím talking future tense. I donít think we will need one soon. Vlad or someone else can man 1st, but Iím hoping a young guy comes in and tears the ball apart. Even Kirk DH, or Martin/Grosh or whoever better be able to play better 1B than Vlad assuming everyone else settled into a position.

Iím REALLY not looking to trade any specs for rentals this year. Iíd only part with specs for long term pitching solutions at this point.

Iím talking future tense. I donít think we will need one soon. Vlad or someone else can man 1st, but Iím hoping a young guy comes in and tears the ball apart. Even Kirk DH, or Martin/Grosh or whoever better be able to play better 1B than Vlad assuming everyone else settled into a position.

Iím REALLY not looking to trade any specs for rentals this year. Iíd only part with specs for long term pitching solutions at this point.
    That part of the deal would be Kyle Hendricks. I'd still make a play on Rizzo for this season if the Cubs end up having a fire sale. Rizzo, Baez and Bryant could all be traded and are all rentals. We have one good lefty bat in Biggio. I don't have a whole lot of faith in Tellez and would much rather replace him with Rizzo if given the opportunity.

The point of this season is also to have Vladdy learn his position/s and be comfortable with it. He's been much better at 3B and 1B than the last 2 seasons. No point in derailing his progress on a rental, unless that rental is Freedman.

Yea I prefer not to trade for a rental this year. Unless we are at the top of the standings and we have a need for something. Otherwise, I try for a controllable guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    The point of this season is also to have Vladdy learn his position/s and be comfortable with it. He's been much better at 3B and 1B than the last 2 seasons. No point in derailing his progress on a rental, unless that rental is Freedman.
    Vladdy playing 3B is a lost cause. He was god awful in the Dominican League making 4 errors in 8 games when he had 28 chances total. He hasn't improved at 3B one bit and playing him there will only hurt the team. I can live with him playing 1B but if we have a chance to land Rizzo we'd be fools not to take it.

ATL isn't rebuilding so a trade for Freeman would probably be just for Freeman if anything at all. I doubt they deal him but then again, it's AA. The Cubs are on the cusp of a rebuild so we could potentially land Rizzo along with Hendricks. We'd get the lefty bat that we sorely need along with an excellent pitcher.

The point of this season isn't to have Vladdy learn how to play his position. The point of this season is to win. Also he hasn't played a single inning at 3B yet thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Yea I prefer not to trade for a rental this year. Unless we are at the top of the standings and we have a need for something. Otherwise, I try for a controllable guy.
    In 2015 we were 500 when we traded for David Price, a rental. That led to the most exciting year of baseball this millenium. This time around we have a much better farm to deal from and wouldn't have to deplete it in order to get said rental.