Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 632 of 674 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 10106
    We shouldn't avoid trading with a team because you are afraid of losing the deal. Youre obviously going to have to trade a good player/prospect to get a deal done.

If we can get Snell, that would be legit given he's controllable and has great stuff. A bit concerned with hiz ability to go deep in games but otherwise he's a great gamble to take on.

If he was a rental then I wouldnt trade for him. Whether you like the current management or not, you should trade based on managements ability to assess talent, not because they are dealing with a team who is good at winning deals.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 11-24-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    We shouldn't avoid trading with a team because you are afraid of losing the deal. Youre obviously going to have to trade a good player/prospect to get a deal done.

If we can get Snell, that would be legit given he's controllable and has great stuff. A bit concerned with hiz ability to go deep in games but otherwise he's a great gamble to take on.

If he was a rental then I wouldnt trade for him. Whether you like the current management or not, you should trade based on managements ability to assess talent, not because they are dealing with a team who is good at winning deals.
    are the Rays good at winning deals?

This is me cringing at the idea of trusting Atkins ďassessmentĒ of anything. Heís had a tough time with that over his years here.
    The only reason I would entertain a trade to the rays... is to find out who we shouldnít be trading lol.

That's the mentality of fired GMs who have dealt with TB or LAD in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Define sucked, a FIP for 2.90 - 3.81 is not sucked, nor a K rate of 10.5/9Innings. I'd take that from any starter last year not named Ryu.

I also wouldn't say Meadows or Glasnow came back to earth. Meadows was injured and only played in 36 games and is still 25. Glasnow had a 5-1 record with a FIP of 3.66, and an astonishing 14.3K/9 innings while leading TB in innings pitched and is 26. I'd also take that over anyone not named Ryu.

Moral of the story, don't ever trade with TB.
    My bad, I was 1 year off as 2015 was the last year he was good. K rates arenít really a good measure for a pitcher though. Case and point, Archer had a K/9 of 10.5 in 2020....along with an ERA north of 5.

Was unaware of the injury to Meadows so that might justify his numbers falling off a cliff in 2020. We will see. Glasnow absolutely did come back down to Earth though. Yes, he knows how to miss bats but the knock on him is his control and how heís vulnerable to the long ball. In 2019 (over only 12 starts mind you) he posted career bests in HR/9 and BB/9 which were 0.6 and 2.1 respectively. In 2020 his BB/9 went up to 3.5 which isnít good but is the 2nd best BB/9 that heís ever posted. His HR/9 almost TRIPLED up to 1.7 in 2020 which is roughly in line with his career norm. Itís no surprise his ERA went back above 4 as itís been that way for his entire career aside from 12 starts in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    This is me cringing at the idea of trusting Atkins ďassessmentĒ of anything. Heís had a tough time with that over his years here.
    The only reason I would entertain a trade to the rays... is to find out who we shouldnít be trading lol.
    *looks at all the young talent on the current Jays roster in confusion*

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well if you dont think we should trade because you dont trust atkins, thats one thing but to not trade because you live in fear of the Rays is another issue

There is such a drop off from Bauer , coming off a career 60g, to Tanaka to odorizzis of the world.
    Makes sense for teams to make snell, gray, darvish available and try to get a desperate buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I just averaged it out to 10 mil a year seeing as it's a 5 year 50 mil deal. I'd trade Pearson before I trade SWR. SWR might be the best pitching prospect the Jays had since Doc.

Pearson, Jansen and Tellez for Blake the Snake.
    Iíd do that deal but donít think rays would. Danny coming off unimpressive season and I donít see 1-2 war 1bman having much trade value. Rowdy could stick around and have a nice career in mlb but I think he will bounce around. Steamer says 807 ops
    Next year with a 1.1 WAR. Even shaw is projected for 1.5 WAR.

Tellez does seem to be getting in the way IMO after we acquire a bat. I think it would be best off if he
    Was traded

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Iíd do that deal but donít think rays would. Danny coming off unimpressive season and I donít see 1-2 war 1bman having much trade value. Rowdy could stick around and have a nice career in mlb but I think he will bounce around. Steamer says 807 ops

Tellez does seem to be getting in the way IMO after we acquire a bat. I think it would be best off if he
    Was traded
    Yup. There isnít enough room for both Vladdy and Tellez on this team if we acquire 1 more bat. If someone like Springer is acquired then Teoscar will be needing plenty of games at DH.

There is such a drop off from Bauer , coming off a career 60g, to Tanaka to odorizzis of the world.
    Makes sense for teams to make snell, gray, darvish available and try to get a desperate buyer.
    huge drop off for sure it's why I think Atkins needs to go full out and get Springer, instantly improves the outfield D which translates to more outs for our pitchers

Well if you dont think we should trade because you dont trust atkins, thats one thing but to not trade because you live in fear of the Rays is another issue
    I'd still be wary and do extra homework on any of my own players that the Rays were asking about.

Bit of A, bit of B.
    I definitely donít want Atkinsí first big ďwin nowĒtrade to be with TB.
    Even AA whiffed big time on his first move like that, and he didnít even trade any decent assets away in that trade. TB will make Atkins give up something decent, that will turn into something incredible.

Was traded
    Yeah I donít think that offer really moves the needle for TB either. I donít think tellez has the type of trade value we all wish he had.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yup. There isnít enough room for both Vladdy and Tellez on this team if we acquire 1 more bat. If someone like Springer is acquired then Teoscar will be needing plenty of games at DH.
    Naw grich becomes your 4th OF imo.
    I agree that it would help to have DH open for rotating though. The perfect scenario is still Vlad figuring out how to be a 3b.