Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 704 of 726 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705706714 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 10876
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I'd take that article with a big grain of salt. Using words like "Major" is just Wilners interpretation

He struck out 9 vs the Braves using his "old" delivery. Notice below, high glove and leg-out

[IMG][/IMG]
    Youíre a sweet poster hanton. Enjoy your posts.

I'd take that article with a big grain of salt. Using words like "Major" is just Wilners interpretation

He struck out 9 vs the Braves using his "old" delivery. Notice below, high glove and leg-out

[IMG][/IMG]
    Not sure what your point is. Youíre showing pics of his old delivery before the change. Youíre comparing his old delivery to his old delivery.

I only quoted that article because both you and Chong had not watched or listened to the game, itís what they were talking about all game, even had quotes directly from Stripling saying he has never made such a big mechanical adjustment in between starts. You guys were basing your discussion on old information.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Not sure what your point is. Youíre showing pics of his old delivery before the change. Youíre comparing his old delivery to his old delivery.

I only quoted that article because both you and Chong had not watched or listened to the game, itís what they were talking about all game, even had quotes directly from Stripling saying he has never made such a big mechanical adjustment in between starts. You guys were basing your discussion on old information.
    Wilner is suggesting the last 2 games are a result of Stripling making "major adjustments". Well he struck out 9 vs the Braves on May 13 without those "major adjustments".

I didn't see the piece on TV so can't comment to that, my post was more directed at his article

Heís saying he had flashes of success with his old delivery too. So letís see how these changes work out long term.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Youíre a sweet poster hanton. Enjoy your posts.
    Thanks Chong

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Heís saying he had flashes of success with his old delivery too. So letís see how these changes work out long term.
    Thanks Chong
    Lol, then say that. JK. I have a hard time articulating sometimes too. Now I understand your point. And I agree. He should be given some leash here given the results since the changes.

Lol, then say that. JK. I have a hard time articulating sometimes too. Now I understand your point. And I agree. He should be given some leash here given the results since the changes.
    Yeah and not like we have better options rn.

I saw it batted around. Berrios for Kloff, Jansen and Groshans. Berrios is arb 3 for 2022.

I saw it batted around. Berrios for Kloff, Jansen and Groshans. Berrios is arb 3 for 2022.
    Have to do something substantial, we have the prospects.

Have to do something substantial, we have the prospects.
    For now I'd be happy with a big bullpen arm. I hope they don't take too long to pull the trigger. I'm ok with the 5 starters they are rolling for now. They'll need another before the deadline though.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    For now I'd be happy with a big bullpen arm. I hope they don't take too long to pull the trigger. I'm ok with the 5 starters they are rolling for now. They'll need another before the deadline though.
    These guys are probably too risk adverse for a rental but Sherzer at the the front of this rotation with a few bp additions makes us a legit WS contender

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Rumor has it that 2 bullpen arms are the main focus and the Jays are working diligently to make something happen for guys that have late inning experience. Nobody wants to make a move yet, and sellers are holding out for better offers. Bullpen arms will be a sellers market (aren't they every year?).

Scherzer is probably costing us a top 100 like Grosh or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Scherzer is probably costing us a top 100 like Grosh or something.
    Possibly. I did like what Masai said about playing percentages. If you think you have a certain % chance to win, then you push your chips in. I'm not saying to empty the farm, but the window is open now. Anyone who thinks we aren't contenders isn't paying attention. We are only a couple of bullpen arms away right now. Sucks to think what we could be if Yates was healthy this year.

Possibly. I did like what Masai said about playing percentages. If you think you have a certain % chance to win, then you push your chips in. I'm not saying to empty the farm, but the window is open now. Anyone who thinks we aren't contenders isn't paying attention. We are only a couple of bullpen arms away right now. Sucks to think what we could be if Yates was healthy this year.
    Yates, Merryweather, Phelps, Cole, Hatch, Milone, Borucki

We've basically lost an entire quality bullpen to injuries.

The Lost Boys of PSD