Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 703 of 726 FirstFirst ... 203603653693701702703704705713 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 10876
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I previously mentioned 3B, think they're wasting his arm at 1B
    He has the exp at other IF positions. I think because we DH Vlad it was fine to put him at 1B (though he has no exp there). But if we play Vlad at 1B and DH say Springer then maybe they put him at 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He has the exp at other IF positions. I think because we DH Vlad it was fine to put him at 1B (though he has no exp there). But if we play Vlad at 1B and DH say Springer then maybe they put him at 3B.
    LGJ's arm is really good, I'd like to see him at 3B. I forget the lineup at the time but makes no sense using him at 1B. We already have Vlady and Tellez

LGJ's arm is really good, I'd like to see him at 3B. I forget the lineup at the time but makes no sense using him at 1B. We already have Vlady and Tellez
    I believe we ran Teo/Davis/Grich in OF and Espinal/Bo/Siemien at the other IF spots with Vlad at DH. I do think he should be able to play some IF though if needed.

I believe we ran Teo/Davis/Grich in OF and Espinal/Bo/Siemien at the other IF spots with Vlad at DH. I do think he should be able to play some IF though if needed.
    +Panik but yea.

Espinal is proving to be nothing more than an extra IF at this point.

We really need some power arms, not going to beat any of the good teams with Stripling in the rotation. Start using our depth to improve other areas. Tellez for one can easily be a starter on most teams.

Tellez + to the Tigers for Turnbull, might be able to do that straight up.

The longer you wait the bigger the price. I posted about Turnbull before his no hitter, he's a bull on mound.

We really need some power arms, not going to beat any of the good teams with Stripling in the rotation. Start using our depth to improve other areas. Tellez for one can easily be a starter on most teams.

Tellez + to the Tigers for Turnbull, might be able to do that straight up.

The longer you wait the bigger the price. I posted about Turnbull before his no hitter, he's a bull on mound.
    Agreed. Think I would be shopping for under-valued power arms right now. Can throw them in the BP eventually.

Really what Iím hoping for is that between Pearson/manoah/SWR we can fill 2 starting rotation spots long term. Thatís a lot to ask for, maybe 1/3 is more realalistic. But if we can fill 2 of those spots internally then we are in good shape to add 1 torp in FA or trade and have a solid rotation. Adding some hard throwers in the mean time can set us up to have a top pitching staff overall. Our current BP pieces are a little all over the place hot/cold.

Iím not advocating for trading for a top closer - just adding more arm talent to the pipe line.

Uhh. Did you guys pay attention to his last two outings? Or listen to them talking about him today? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Uhh. Did you guys pay attention to his last two outings? Or listen to them talking about him today? Lol.
    ?

?
    Heís gone 12 consecutive scoreless innings after making a major mechanical change and you guys want him gone before we even know how sustainable it is. He was hitting 94 on Saturday as well.

Stripling?

Stripling?
    Sorry, he gave up 1 run on Sunday, (I'm getting mixed up with all of these double headers) but that's it in his last 12 innings. They literally talked about this all broadcast long. He hit rock bottom, he knows if he wants to stay in the league, forget the rotation, that he needed to make significant changes. So he went to Pete Walker.

Ross Stripling had his second straight magnificent outing, no-hitting Cleveland through five innings ó at least, the Cleveland hitters who werenít born in Canada.

The righty was at the lowest point of his career less than two weeks ago, searching for answers and wondering if he could still get big-league hitters out after being knocked around by the Red Sox in a start that raised his ERA to 7.20 for the season.

He made two major adjustments to his delivery before taking the ball four days hence, and threw two bullpens to work on them.

Stripling brought his left knee in, closer to his body, to tighten his delivery. More important, he stopped lifting his hands. Along with pitching coach Pete Walker and bullpen coach Matt Buschmann, Stripling discovered that he was tipping his curveball some of the time by being inconsistent with how high he raised his hands in his delivery, so he just stopped raising them altogether, keeping his hands at his belt as he began his motion.

In two outings since the change, Stripling has thrown 12 innings and allowed just a run on four hits, dropping his ERA by more than two full runs to 5.11.

Sunday in Cleveland, he needed just 67 pitches to get through his five innings. He only walked one, induced four infield pop-ups and no batter, save for Mississaugaís Josh Naylor, hit a ball over 99 miles per hour against him.
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...cleveland.html
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 05-31-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Ah didnt realize he made a change.

I mean no one is coming up soon and most moves won't be made until the deadline so that gives him another few months so see if it works. I think most assumed he would be replaced by Manoah so this gives him a new lease on life.

Ah didnt realize he made a change.

I mean no one is coming up soon and most moves won't be made until the deadline so that gives him another few months so see if it works. I think most assumed he would be replaced by Manoah so this gives him a new lease on life.
    Pretty big ones, there's another change not mentioned, he's pitching from the windup instead of just out of the stretch now too.

Definitely intriguing then.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Sorry, he gave up 1 run on Sunday, (I'm getting mixed up with all of these double headers) but that's it in his last 12 innings. They literally talked about this all broadcast long. He hit rock bottom, he knows if he wants to stay in the league, forget the rotation, that he needed to make significant changes. So he went to Pete Walker.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...cleveland.html
    I'd take that article with a big grain of salt. Using words like "Major" is just Wilners interpretation

He struck out 9 vs the Braves using his "old" delivery. Notice below, high glove and leg-out

[IMG][/IMG]