Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 526 of 575 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 8613
    Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    I genuinely hate you.
    Thank You considering the source that's the ultimate compliment.

I may argue with RJ and others but at least I know when they want to they can do research and reach proper conclusions. Which is why I do it. You however never even try.

I'll argue with someone I know has intelligence because I can and do learn from them. But others like Kenny just are a waste of energy. I don't even see his posts any longer
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 07-16-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Can you imagine what that guy would say if the Jays acquired Cashner to be a "front line" starter? Cashner's alright as a #3 at this point, but he's clearly a value guy, not a front of the rotation guy. The Sox certainly didn't give up assets like he's a front line guy either.
    Bybhis reasoning he would be ok with trading Stroman straight up for Cashner

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Because I don't necessarily trust either. I just used baseball reference for convenience.
    But you're aware that it pretty much the only stat that shows him as better and it's only because of the strikeout rates. fWAR has Stroman ahead by 0.5, FIP, xFIP, ERA all show Stroman to be better. WHIP and rWAR Cashner edges him out. And you already are aware that pitcher Wins are a useless stat.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    But you're aware that it pretty much the only stat that shows him as better and it's only because of the strikeout rates. fWAR has Stroman ahead by 0.5, FIP, xFIP, ERA all show Stroman to be better. WHIP and rWAR Cashner edges him out. And you already are aware that pitcher Wins are a useless stat.
    And a babip that's well below his career norms

I would probably forget about trading Stroman. Better off getting 2 good years out of him. We traded Halladay and Cone before for all these can't miss hot shot prospects. They all missed.

Red Sox and Yankees having big issues on the mound. Cashner 5 IP's 5 earned runs lol

Stroman and Giles are like bitcoin. Scarce.

If we trade Stroman to the Yanks it better be for a package starting with Florial and Garcia. I would much rather deal with the Braves, Padres or Astros

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    If we trade Stroman to the Yanks it better be for a package starting with Florial and Garcia. I would much rather deal with the Braves, Padres or Astros
    I think it will end up being the Twins.

We FONT! Post-allstar game blitz to the championship!

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think it will end up being the Twins.
    Maybe, if the Twins stay true to their word and wont include any of Lewis, Krilloff or Graterol, we better get Larnach + Balazovic ++

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Maybe, if the Twins stay true to their word and wont include any of Lewis, Krilloff or Graterol, we better get Larnach + Balazovic ++
    I think they will include kirilloff in a package for both Giles and Stroman. Gaterol+bala+krill for both is what I read in an article today and I would have to consider it.

Buster olney wrote toay what Ive been saying, that with so many sellers and few buyers, that those waiting for the deadline may be left holding the bag... its sheer numbers at this point

Dombrowski said as much recently that he'd rather give up talented prospects further away, than give up Major League ready players because the game today places more emphasis on players who can step right in, and teams are leery to do that
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 07-17-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Buster olney wrote toay what Ive been saying, that with so many sellers and few buyers, that those waiting for the deadline may be left holding the bag... its sheer numbers at this point

Dombrowski said as much recently that he'd rather give up talented prospects further away, than give up Major League ready players because the game today places more emphasis on players who can step right in, and teams are leery to do that
    That's fine. Give me high ceiling specs in the lower minors then.

Also very few sellers have an ace and closer to offer.

Regardless, it's shapiro's job on the line.

That's fine. Give me high ceiling specs in the lower minors then.

Also very few sellers have an ace and closer to offer.

Regardless, it's shapiro's job on the line.
    that i agree with, im just afraid that they may not have the skill to identify anything but the more well publicized prospects.

they asked a veritable kings ransom from the cardinals for donaldson and instead of taking 2 of the 3 best they asked for, they ended up with a pittance, their holding on to Smoak, makes no sense to anybody

and if they dont get quality for Stroman and Giles this place should melt down

lets put it this way. I dont trust Shatkins almost as much as the Wilpons, and thats saying something but with the hurting the Mets put on the twins pitching the last 3 days, they just might be ripe for Stroman

speaking of the Mets, the jays if they're smart should target Dom Smith, hes blocked by Alonso, but hed be a star in Toronto. im convinced of it
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 07-17-2019 at 06:17 PM.

I think they will include kirilloff in a package for both Giles and Stroman. Gaterol+bala+krill for both is what I read in an article today and I would have to consider it.
    I would strongly consider it as well