Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 809 of 809 FirstFirst ... 309709759799807808809
Results 12,121 to 12,134 of 12134
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Good post. On paper this team is much deeper in all aspects going into 2023 than it was going into 2022.

Iím most excited to see how Pop does. His 2 seemer was coming in at 96/97 with a ton of movement down the stretch in 2022 and heís still young.

As for the offence, Iím not sure if anyone has touched on this yet but weíre going to have a good bottom of the order on any given night. Weíre looking at combinations of Chapman, Whit, Jansen, KK and Santi occupying the 6-9 spots when the lineup is healthy. Outside of KK and Santi, Iíd say the rest are above average bats for the bottom of the order.
    I have much less optimism about the bottom of the lineup.

I am normally a glass half full kinda guy, but they now have 3 OFs and 2 of them get injured on a regular basis. Not to mention the fact that Varsho and KK are both pretty bad against LHP. Varsho was better away from Arizona than at home, so hopefully he likes the new Rogers Center and the new rules help him too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I have much less optimism about the bottom of the lineup.
    Donít get me wrong, Iím not expecting all star numbers out of any of them. I just think theyíll be able to provide some decent run support on the nights when the top 5 are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I am normally a glass half full kinda guy, but they now have 3 OFs and 2 of them get injured on a regular basis. Not to mention the fact that Varsho and KK are both pretty bad against LHP. Varsho was better away from Arizona than at home, so hopefully he likes the new Rogers Center and the new rules help him too.
    I think this is where Whit will pay dividends. Not as good defensively as KK or Varsho but can provide better hitting against LHP.

Bottom of the lineup is fine so long as the core hitters deliver. Not everyone needs to be an 800 ops.

I think you may see Merrifield in LF against lefties spelling Kiermaier and maybe Varsho the odd time. We have Biggio and Merrifield who can both play of so I'm not very concerned about injury risk. As I said, this team is far deeper and better on paper than they at this time a year ago.

Whit, Espinal and Biggio have all played in the outfield before and been fine defensively. The three of them canít split 2B. Need more opportunities. I wouldnít be surprised if Barger or Horwitz is up here mid season too. The pieces will all move around.

There's 2 spots available on the bench so you probably see another OF and then a corner IF.

A few options out there for stop gap back up OF. Nothing crazy but some that seem
    Whit is a nice luxury player. Itís what team have at this payroll figure and not our previous ones and it is underrated.
    Iíd think a trade or some lesser prospects could get us an interesting young corner outfield option .
    Or give Chong his way and grab Nelson cruz

No space for Cruz. He can't place OF and DH spot gonna ge taken up.

If you want an OF with power upside, Pollock and Duvall probably best. Came off poor seasons but we're good before that.

Biggio is not playable anywhere in the OF, it's DH, 2B or 1B for him. If I was him I'd be working my butt off perfecting my play at 2B - it's there for him if he wants it he just needs to improve his quickness and his throws.

Only in line for playing time if injuries occur at the moment. Whit at the moment. I presume a of we sign will also be able to play 1b

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I was a big piazza fan but believe he prob had some assistance. Generally in that era if something seemed too good to be true, it generally was. Cough.. pujols
    Not sure about roids but the biggest assistance he ever had was his father being friends with Lasorda. He was drafted as a favor to his Dad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ll-fame-career
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Ya thatís another part that screams he wasnít a natural big time generational prospect that he turned out to be