Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 506 of 506 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506
Results 7,576 to 7,584 of 7584
  1. #7576
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    11,962
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    diaz
    hernandez
    galvis

    each were opening day starters for the jays in either 2017 or 2018

    add Solarte too if they had traded Donaldson as was rumored going into his final year of his contract, and they knew full well that Tulo was questionable going into the year since Shapiro himself said thats why Solarte and Diaz were Acquired, because he Knew he might not Have Donaldson or Tulo

    remember Nightingale reported Shapiro turned down Donaldson for Flaherty and Bader, because he wanted Carson Kelly too

    didnt have to wait long now did you?

    now here come the excuses

    I would have been overjoyed with Pham and Flaherty

    considering they traded Pham anyway they might have said yes. I even suggested that on this forum when they were discussing JD before the Stanton and Ozuna talks
    Youíve proved yourself wrong. Again. Bench players, a well known stop gap and one prospect is who youíre basing your argument on? Thatís all youíve listed there. Cmon get serious. Diaz was known to be a backup SS. Solarte utility. Hernandez was a prospect. Galvis is an obvious stop gap that looks like a brilliant move btw. So they e acquired as I said one big leaguer that is what you described.

  2. #7577
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    11,962
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Except their farm already had some nice pieces ready for the MLB and some key relievers they could shop.

    I'm not defending Shapiro though. I have not been impressed with their rebuild. They failed at the sell-off portion of it.
    Yeah. Having guys like Judge, Sanchez, Sheffield etc etc already in the system didnít help at all.

  3. #7578
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Except their farm already had some nice pieces ready for the MLB and some key relievers they could shop.

    I'm not defending Shapiro though. I have not been impressed with their rebuild. They failed at the sell-off portion of it.
    That's exactly it. It was a serious miss calculation.

  4. #7579
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Youíve proved yourself wrong. Again. Bench players, a well known stop gap and one prospect is who youíre basing your argument on? Thatís all youíve listed there. Cmon get serious. Diaz was known to be a backup SS. Solarte utility. Hernandez was a prospect. Galvis is an obvious stop gap that looks like a brilliant move btw. So they e acquired as I said one big leaguer that is what you described.
    I was right. They started opening day did they not. And Diaz started in st louis and do did Solarte in San diego as did Galvis. So don't lie and say they were backups

    Solarte was the starter on opening day in 2017 in San Diego and started 90% of the Jays games up until July in 2018.

    Diaz started in St louis in 2016 and 2017, until he got hurt and Dejong took over

    Galvis was the starter last year in San Diego.

    So no they weren't acquired as backups. That's just you lying.

    If all you're gonna do is blatantly lie Noodles why should I respond?
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; Yesterday at 11:11 PM.

  5. #7580
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah. Having guys like Judge, Sanchez, Sheffield etc etc already in the system didnít help at all.
    Wrong Sheffield was acquired in trade with Clint Frazier for Andrew Miller

    Unlike the Jays they didn't fail at the selling off part

    And judge struck out 42 of his first 84 at bats so he was far from a sure thing..

    Even Sanche had been in the minors for 7 years before he finally made it. And he said it was the birth of his child and that responsibility that made him finally take the game seriously

  6. #7581
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,481
    Sarahís going off about Diaz and Solarte again. Letís talk about the past because thatís fun!

  7. #7582
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Sarahís going off about Diaz and Solarte again. Letís talk about the past because thatís fun!
    Wrong I just responded to a blatant lie.

    It's not my fault that Shatkins doesn't know how to do a rebuild

    I'm just not letting his defenders lie about it

    So when you haven't won Squat All in 5 years you'll have no one to blame but yourselves

    Indians fans warned me before he was hired in July 2015 and I told you all what they said.

    It's not my fault you chose not to listen

    You all did that on your own.

    He's been here for almost 5 years and each year he's won fewer games and your well on the way to losing 100 games

    And what do have to show for it maybe Bichette and Pearson? If they pan out?
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; Yesterday at 11:37 PM.

  8. #7583
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,427
    You know RJ I get it, it must really stick in your craw that you got Julian Mayweather and basically nothing else of consequence for Donaldson Bautista, Encarnacion, Price and Martin. While the MFY's got Gleyber Torres James Paxton, Clint Frazier and Zach Britton for pieces of their rebuild, but that's not my fault. That's on Shapiro. If be more worried about what he's gonna get for Stroman if I were you.

  9. #7584
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,832
    Wtf are you even going on about here sarah?

    Nonsensical. This whole page is mindless ranting like we're disagreeing with you. All of us except bartron complain about the sell-off.

    Please leave man. It's exhausting reading you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •