Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 669 of 698 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 10469
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yup. It's not what they want to do but I think they will. The farm is jam packed with talent so they could swing a deal or two and still have a top 10 farm.

I just hope he doesn't sign bounce back candidates who are only going to bolt after 1 season. It's a great way to make a team tread water without making any actual progress.
    Trading for Castillo and convincing Votto to waive is NMC to lessen the prospect capital seems like the best option now. Add Springer to that and its still a good off-season. I have no idea what it'll take to get Castillo but it'll be a lot.

Mets never gave up much for Lindor. Carrasco is a solid pitcher also.

So apparently no mlb GM thought Sugano was worth 60+ Million .....interesting. With Kikuchi coming over and getting rocked in Seattle the past 2 seasons, I wonder if the #4/5 type starter scoutibg report was more accurate than the 2/3.

This makes Springer so much more important now. ...but if he still has a choice NY is looking a heck of a lot better with that rotation and lineup than this young Jays team still full of holes..

Unless the Mets are out, I think they stick a third finger in our bums and take Springer off the board too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Trading for Castillo and convincing Votto to waive is NMC to lessen the prospect capital seems like the best option now. Add Springer to that and its still a good off-season. I have no idea what it'll take to get Castillo but it'll be a lot.
    I assume they'd be targeting Moose over Votto. If they are indeed tearing down then yeah, we could go after Votto while unloading Grich on them. I assume that'd be easier to do if dealing for Votto over Moose. We need a lefty bat though and while Moose isn't ideal, he's had 3 AS appearances sprinkled throughout his career.

Moose + Castillo

for

Groshans + Manoah + Jansen

Doesn't kill our farm and clears up our logjam at C. I assume Moose hits somewhere around 6 or 7. His bat wouldn't be bad there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Not overly excited to add Votto at this point in his career..

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Yea I want no part of him tbh, beside I doubt the reds are even shopping Castillo, more like teams kicking tires.

I wonder if the A's would deal Matt Chapman. Low budget team. He is entering his arbitration years. Elite 3B would be costly for sure, but lots of years of control left.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I assume they'd be targeting Moose over Votto. If they are indeed tearing down then yeah, we could go after Votto while unloading Grich on them. I assume that'd be easier to do if dealing for Votto over Moose. We need a lefty bat though and while Moose isn't ideal, he's had 3 AS appearances sprinkled throughout his career.

Moose + Castillo

for

Groshans + Manoah + Jansen

Doesn't kill our farm and clears up our logjam at C. I assume Moose hits somewhere around 6 or 7. His bat wouldn't be bad there.
    -gross
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    I get it's a large contract but if your able to lower the prospect capital by taking on his contract then you do it, IMO. The dude can still hit, his babip was over 100 points off his career average last year and he still managed to put up 0.6 WAR in 56 games and outside of 2019 he had been a solid player. Even if you get 6 WAR out of him in the last three years, it's palatable especially when you consider the capital we get to hold on to just for taking the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    -gross
    What's gross about adding a top 10 mlb pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I wonder if the A's would deal Matt Chapman. Low budget team. He is entering his arbitration years. Elite 3B would be costly for sure, but lots of years of control left.

Yeah I have mentioned him a few times over the last few weeks around here. They have a lot of holes to fill with guys like Semien, Hendriks, La Stella, Fiers and Petit all on the market right now (..along with Grossman and Minor who are already gone).

It might be possible to pry him out of there with a bulk type deal like AA did with JD.

It all comes down to how much they are willing to gibe Vladdy another chance to come take ground balls in ST and see if he can improve. I know he didnt do well in the Dominican, but that was an extremely SSS with no ST.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Yeah I have mentioned him a few times over the last few weeks around here. They have a lot of holes to fill with guys like Semien, Hendriks, La Stella, Fiers and Petit all on the market right now (..along with Grossman and Minor who are already gone).

It might be possible to pry him out of there with a bulk type deal like AA did with JD.

It all comes down to how much they are willing to gibe Vladdy another chance to come take ground balls in ST and see if he can improve. I know he didnt do well in the Dominican, but that was an extremely SSS with no ST.
    SSS be damned. He had enough time to make 4 errors lol. They weren't just little errors either. There's a video of one where he basically airmails a throw into the seats. Playing Vladdy at 3B isn't going to help the Jays win games nor will it convince anyone that he should be viewed as a position player.

The Chapman idea is a good one. I remember at first thinking they wouldn't deal him because he wasn't too expensive yet. Didn't realize all the holes Oakland has to fill though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Wouldn't hurt to enquire about Jose Ramirez from Indians either but I know it will cost a ton. However, they are not competing for a while maybe they would consider moving him to. The guy is a monster and would make our infield one of the best if not the best in all of MLB. Switch hitter as well.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Wouldn't hurt to enquire about Jose Ramirez from Indians either but I know it will cost a ton. However, they are not competing for a while maybe they would consider moving him to. The guy is a monster and would make our infield one of the best if not the best in all of MLB. Switch hitter as well.
    Agreed,

Ramirez is under control for 3 more years at low $/year .. he would cost more than Lindor, probably a lot more

I have no idea what the cost would be - Groshans + Manoah + ?