Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 622 of 699 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624632672 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 10481
    Ray pitched great. Maybe change wake him up.

But Villar? His error costs us this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Ray pitched great. Maybe change wake him up.

But Villar? His error costs us this game.
    Not a fan of that move, we needed a glove 1st SS, it still may workout if he can provide some offense like yesterday

New team jitters. He should be much better down the stretch and as Bo gets healthier. I'd like to see Bo at 3b if his legs are still in risk of injury, if not Bo SS, Cavan 3b and Villar 2b. Might be the best infield D and O we have had all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    New team jitters. He should be much better down the stretch and as Bo gets healthier. I'd like to see Bo at 3b if his legs are still in risk of injury, if not Bo SS, Cavan 3b and Villar 2b. Might be the best infield D and O we have had all season.
    Villar looks terrible. We gave up a solid prospect for him. Have a feeling this one will end up bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Villar looks terrible. We gave up a solid prospect for him. Have a feeling this one will end up bad.
    Conine isn't a solid prospect. Hits for power, no ave and high K rate. He was also suspended for PEDs. Not in our top 10.

Yeah, he struck out 35% of the time in A ball as a 22 year old. I don't think I'd call him a solid prospect

Rumors of Lindor's availability this off season and speculation that the Jays are a real potential destination. What would you deem as acceptable trade compensation to the Indians with or without an extension (he's an FA after next season)?

Would prefer current core + Pearson and Martin being off limits with anyone else being expendable (i.e. Groshans, SWR, Kirk, etc.) in a reasonable combination/package if he's extended. I don't see there being value if he's a one year rental type unless the package going to the Indians is dirt cheap.
    Last edited by T.O. Fan; 11-05-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Rumors of Lindor's availability this off season and speculation that the Jays are a real potential destination. What would you deem as acceptable trade compensation to the Indians with or without an extension (he's an FA after next season)?

Would prefer current core + Pearson and Martin being off limits with anyone else being expendable (i.e. Groshans, SWR, Kirk, etc.) in a reasonable combination/package if he's extended. I don't see there being value if he's a one year rental type unless the package going to the Indians is dirt cheap.
    Id like to hold onto SWR and Kirk.
    I think we will be trading against ourselves here. I dont think many teams will be looking to unload cheap prospects for a player on a 1 year deal when we dont have any idea what next season will even look at.

Is offer groahans + kloff. Id consider adding manoah, but Im still hopeful he can develop into a solid SP.

So here's the thing. If Bo doesn't want to move from SS then don't deal for him. Lindor is the better SS and 100% should be playing there if he comes to the Jays but the absolute last thing I'd want to do is piss Bo off.

If Bo gives it the okay and agrees to play 2B then yes, you go for him. SWR is 100% off limits for me. I'd probably be willing to go as high as Groshans. I think Atkins would be able to lock Lindor down to a big contract which is something I'd be happy with.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

There were rumours Jay's were interested in Lindor last off season too

I thought I read that Bo was fine to move positions for a large upgrade at SS which Lindor is.

I agree that Groshans would make the most sense organizationally from the Jays point of view, I just don't know enough about the Indians though to know what their needs/wants would be. Regardless it's nice to see the Jays mentioned with them actually having the assets and money to do it.

Again, if there isn't an extension then I definitely wouldn't bother discussing top prospects going the other way.

I think this totally depends on how the organization feels about Bo long term. I get the sense they want him at SS and will give him every opportunity to excel at that position.

Having said that when you have an opportunity to acquire a Lindor I think you at least check-in with the Indians and see what they want. Everyone outside Pearson, Martin, Vlady, Bo and Biggio should be in play.

The other option is to wait until 2021 when Seager, Correa, Story and Baez are free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So here's the thing. If Bo doesn't want to move from SS then don't deal for him. Lindor is the better SS and 100% should be playing there if he comes to the Jays but the absolute last thing I'd want to do is piss Bo off.

If Bo gives it the okay and agrees to play 2B then yes, you go for him. SWR is 100% off limits for me. I'd probably be willing to go as high as Groshans. I think Atkins would be able to lock Lindor down to a big contract which is something I'd be happy with.
    Id move Lindor to 3b and enjoy having the best infield in the league.

Id think that the return should reflect that the contract needing to be given out will be
    Lindor at free agent prices rather than cheap years of control. Am I wrong? Id agree with feeling out the market for him as well in this financial landscape

2 high prospects I could
    See traded this off-season are Groshans and Moreno. I think Riley adams is most likely packaged as well.

Im not concerned with bo moving to ss based on previous comments.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Id think that the return should reflect that the contract needing to be given out will be
    Lindor at free agent prices rather than cheap years of control. Am I wrong? Id agree with feeling out the market for him as well in this financial landscape

2 high prospects I could
    See traded this off-season are Groshans and Moreno. I think Riley adams is most likely packaged as well.

Im not concerned with bo moving to ss based on previous comments.
    you mean Bo to 3B I assume. I don't think he has the arm for 3B