Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 718 of 728 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 10917
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    I wouldn't be dealing a spec of Groshans' potential for a 41 year old rental in Cruz for a longshot stretch run.
    If it's part of a plan to get to the WS then I do it. I agree, on it's own it might not be the right move.

My guess is Atkins continues to do what he's been doing - adding average vai trades and signing low risk high upside in the off season. Problem is that's not how you get this team over the hump

I donít think this team will get over the hump in FA either. I think a trade needs to be made.

I'm fine if they hold still on trading the top specs. But if they do trade then hopefully someone controllable.

I would really love to see them make a blockbuster with the Cubs. Between Kimbrel, Hendricks, Contreras and Bryant, they could fill a lot of holes on this roster in one trade.

I also wonder if Minny is selling how cheap we can get JD back. I know he didn't have a very good departure, but he is healthy this season (so far at least) and can still play a pretty darn good 3B. He is still raking against LHP (which we need a lot more of) and he is still raking away from Minnesota with an OPS of .940 away from home this year. The same was true for his extremely SSS last year too. He raked away from home, and stunk in Minnesota. He loved the Rogers Center, so he could potentially be a pretty impactful player down the stretch in a pennant race.(...which he has lots of experience in if anyone forgets.)

He is locked up for a few more years at 20+ million with an 8M buyout in 2024. I had originally hoped they would lock him up to have with the kids before they traded him away in 2018. I say bring him back and see if he can help win a word series this time around. Maybe a package deal for him and Taylor Rogers, or him and Jose Berrios? That kind of package with multiple years of control on each player sounds like something the Jays would be interested in if they can get over the sour taste Donaldson left in their mouths 3 years ago. Can you imagine if we could add him for a spec like Merryweather though like Cleveland did in 2018? Could be a chance to totally redeem themselves...lol

Think the rays are playing 4D chess. Trading Hill for a good reliever we could have really used.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I would really love to see them make a blockbuster with the Cubs. Between Kimbrel, Hendricks, Contreras and Bryant, they could fill a lot of holes on this roster in one trade.

I also wonder if Minny is selling how cheap we can get JD back. I know he didn't have a very good departure, but he is healthy this season (so far at least) and can still play a pretty darn good 3B. He is still raking against LHP (which we need a lot more of) and he is still raking away from Minnesota with an OPS of .940 away from home this year. The same was true for his extremely SSS last year too. He raked away from home, and stunk in Minnesota. He loved the Rogers Center, so he could potentially be a pretty impactful player down the stretch in a pennant race.(...which he has lots of experience in if anyone forgets.)

He is locked up for a few more years at 20+ million with an 8M buyout in 2024. I had originally hoped they would lock him up to have with the kids before they traded him away in 2018. I say bring him back and see if he can help win a word series this time around. Maybe a package deal for him and Taylor Rogers, or him and Jose Berrios? That kind of package with multiple years of control on each player sounds like something the Jays would be interested in if they can get over the sour taste Donaldson left in their mouths 3 years ago. Can you imagine if we could add him for a spec like Merryweather though like Cleveland did in 2018? Could be a chance to totally redeem themselves...lol
    I love the idea of trading for Donaldson.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I put a quick list together of which pitchers I would have targeted. All are good young, controllable (except Velasquez), and all have upside. None are from the top/contending teams so I'm sure they would be open to discuss, each could be had without including Martin.

Tier 1
    Brandon Woodruff MIL
    German Marquez COL
    Luis Castillo CIN

Tier 2
    Frankie Montas OAK
    Spencer Turnbull DET

Tier 3
    Mitch Keller PIT
    Chad Khul PIT
    Vince Velasquez PHI (FA 2022)
    Elieser Hernandez MIA
    Atkins should have targeted Woodruff, now it's too late. He can still get Marquez

Zeuch traded to the Cardinals, nothing announced on the return

looks like a cash deal
    Last edited by hanton; 07-25-2021 at 02:21 PM.

looks like a cash deal
    The overall success rate for Jays first rounders is really not that good...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_draft_picks

Not that itís a pressing need but the Twins are listening on Buxton. The guy is a superstar when healthy. Him, Springer and eventually Martin would be an elite defense in the OF for years.

Adam Frazier to the Pads for their 8th prospect and two others outside the top 30.

Buxton and Springer on the same team is a combined 80 games missed per season probably.

looks like a cash deal
    Lol. Another guy sold at their lowest possible value.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Lol. Another guy sold at their lowest possible value.
    Was there a path to increase his value?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Was there a path to increase his value?
    Trading him a couple years ago when it was obvious he wouldnít be missing any ML bats with his stuff?