Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 672 of 694 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 10407
    So many questions for Atkins and Company to answer right now....

1- Who is out there with 30+ Million to spend on Bauer?

SD seems to have went in multiple other directions. The Dodgers don't need him. The Mets got Carrasco and seem to want to spend what it would take to win that bidding war. How many teams can actually afford the difference between his price tag and the second tier of SP's.

2- How much are the Phillies/anyone offering JTR?

Talks have been very quiet on the JTR front around baseball. Have they made an official offer?

3- How much (if anything) are the Mets still offering Springer?

(...The report of "significantly less than 150M" could mean they are even below the 115M the Jays are rumoured to have on the table (... which I assume is a 523M offer). Maybe they are still in but want him at more like 5x20? Maybe they are out now after trading for Lindor and Carrasco...)

4- How much money would it actually take to get DJLM to leave NY?

His asking price was apparently just 20x5. However, they are losing Happ, Tanaka and Paxton from their rotation too. With young infielders like Andujar (3B), Torres (SS, 2B), Wade, Urshela and Voit all locked up, the Yankees really need to spend on their rotation before spending on an infielder like DJLM imo. How much money are they going to spend in the next couple months? Will offering the most money even get the job done, or will he just take less money and stay in NY anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    So many questions for Atkins and Company to answer right now....

1- Who is out there with 30+ Million to spend on Bauer?

SD seems to have went in multiple other directions. The Dodgers don't need him. The Mets got Carrasco and seem to want to spend what it would take to win that bidding war. How many teams can actually afford the difference between his price tag and the second tier of SP's.

2- How much are the Phillies/anyone offering JTR?

Talks have been very quiet on the JTR front around baseball. Have they made an official offer?

3- How much (if anything) are the Mets still offering Springer?

(...The report of "significantly less than 150M" could mean they are even below the 115M the Jays are rumoured to have on the table (... which I assume is a 523M offer). Maybe they are still in but want him at more like 5x20? Maybe they are out now after trading for Lindor and Carrasco...)

4- How much money would it actually take to get DJLM to leave NY?

His asking price was apparently just 20x5. However, they are losing Happ, Tanaka and Paxton from their rotation too. With young infielders like Andujar (3B), Torres (SS, 2B), Wade, Urshela and Voit all locked up, the Yankees really need to spend on their rotation before spending on an infielder like DJLM imo. How much money are they going to spend in the next couple months? Will offering the most money even get the job done, or will he just take less money and stay in NY anyway?
    Agreed. I don't feel these answers are coming in anytime soon, as most teams and players seem to be willing to wait one for a deal the other for a better contract.

DJLM is irked at the Yankees slow-play and will re-engage other teams if they don't pony up soon. I still see him resign with the Yankees but trying to gain some leverage.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dj-le-mahie...010043569.html

I feel like all of those questions should be directed at other organizations?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I am talking in the true sense of high ceiling. Like Dasan Brown
    Dasani Brown is not a high ceiling player in the true sense of term. He's a toolsy, high risk, high reward type of guy. High ceiling in the true sense would be players like Martin, Groshans SWR, Martinez. Chances are instead of including MLB ready talent (ie Biggio and Gurriel, Jr.) Like the Mets did with Rosario they were using all prospect capital. Probably something like Groshans, Martinez, Manoah, Kloffenstein and Hiraldo or something along those lines.

Unless you think they were offering a bunch of Dasani Brown types, but, frankly, that doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Dasani Brown is not a high ceiling player in the true sense of term. He's a toolsy, high risk, high reward type of guy. High ceiling in the true sense would be players like Martin, Groshans SWR, Martinez. Chances are instead of including MLB ready talent (ie Biggio and Gurriel, Jr.) Like the Mets did with Rosario they were using all prospect capital. Probably something like Groshans, Martinez, Manoah, Kloffenstein and Hiraldo or something along those lines.

Unless you think they were offering a bunch of Dasani Brown types, but, frankly, that doesn't make any sense at all.
    You think the "high ceiling" mentioned in that tweet is referring to Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Might be directed at others but directly impact how we operate and navigate through FA.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    You think the "high ceiling" mentioned in that tweet is referring to Martin?
    No.

Just pointing out the difference between a high ceiling guy(Martin/Groshans/SWR) and a toolsy high risk guy ( Brown)

Do you think the "high ceiling players" refer to guys of the Dasan Brown type?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    No.

Just pointing out the difference between a high ceiling guy(Martin/Groshans/SWR) and a toolsy high risk guy ( Brown)

Do you think the "high ceiling players" refer to guys of the Dasan Brown type?
    I interpret it more as Orelvis Martinez or Gabriel Moreno. Guys in the organizations Top 10 but a ways away still.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I interpret it more as Orelvis Martinez or Gabriel Moreno. Guys in the organizations Top 10 but a ways away still.
    Martinez and Moreno are who I was thinking about as well. Young guys who are on the cusp of the top 100

And, just for fun, if they replaced the MLB talent(Biggio/Gurriel, jr) with a couple of high upside guys like Moreno and Martinez then the haul would have looked like: Groshans, Martinez, Moreno, Kloffenstein and Brown or de Castro. That's quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    More like player agents. These guys have been talking for months. If they don't even know the market or asking price by mid January..... than there isn't much anyone can do for their clients. It isn't a silent auction where you just submit a bid and hope you win like the old IFA process.

HOwever, with Hendriks just getting 18M/yr ffs, the top of the market may have all just started asking for more money.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    More like player agents. These guys have been talking for months. If they don't even know the market or asking price by mid January..... than there isn't much anyone can do for their clients. It isn't a silent auction where you just submit a bid and hope you win like the old IFA process.

HOwever, with Hendriks just getting 18M/yr ffs, the top of the market may have all just started asking for more money.
    Or GMs can look at that deal as 13.5/y on a four year deal which was within his AAV projected range.

The more I think about it, I'm not too opposed to a deal with the Reds if they want a salary dump situation. Ex. I'd take Suarez/Moustakas to play 3b and Gray, Castillo for Grich, Roark, Groshans, Reese, Moreno + a couple lotto tickets.

Only works for me if we can add one/both of Roark and Grich and no Pearson/Martin/Kloff/SWR type specs

Saves them a boatload long term and still allows us to add a Springe/Bauer or JBJ + Hand/Soria/Rosenthal this year

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Or GMs can look at that deal as 13.5/y on a four year deal which was within his AAV projected range.
    Huh?

Red's GM says Castillo staying with the Reds. FWIW