Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 671 of 694 FirstFirst ... 171571621661669670671672673681 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 10407
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Im sure if Carrasco was available Atkins waa trying to get him. It looks like we actually offered the better package, we just wouldn't give them cheap mlb ready players and they wanted some in the return package.

If Rosario and Gimenez were the tipping factor, it sounds like Atkins simply wouldn't include any of his young mlb players like LGJ or Biggio and tried to throw a bunch of specs at them instead. ..and most of our top position specs aren't real close to being mlb ready.

If it would have gotten the job done I would have given them both LGJ and Biggio with a couple arms. Then I would have pivoted away from Springer (because the Mets surely would have given him more) and went after JTR to create some other trades to get bullpen help or a young CF.

Carrasco is a 200 inning SP who can give you well over 200 Ks and post a very good ERA around 3.00. He would have won them a bunch of games over the next few years.

Anyway..lets see what we miss out on next ffs.
    Yea but that only refers to Lindor so maybe we wpuld have needed to add more for Carrasco to be included in the deal.

Cole
    Is
    Back!

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Cole
    Is
    Back!
    not surprised, this was expected

At $1.2 mil its a good gamble. Wish they just kept him at his $1 mil instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Im sure if Carrasco was available Atkins waa trying to get him. It looks like we actually offered the better package, we just wouldn't give them cheap mlb ready players and they wanted some in the return package.

If Rosario and Gimenez were the tipping factor, it sounds like Atkins simply wouldn't include any of his young mlb players like LGJ or Biggio and tried to throw a bunch of specs at them instead. ..and most of our top position specs aren't real close to being mlb ready.

If it would have gotten the job done I would have given them both LGJ and Biggio with a couple arms. Then I would have pivoted away from Springer (because the Mets surely would have given him more) and went after JTR to create some other trades to get bullpen help or a young CF.

Carrasco is a 200 inning SP who can give you well over 200 Ks and post a very good ERA around 3.00. He would have won them a bunch of games over the next few years.

Anyway..lets see what we miss out on next ffs.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    most "high ceiling" players never reach so the Mets deal is probably the better deal. Wasn't there a report Lindor didn't want to come here?

I wouldn’t trade Jansen for moose. I’d rather have shaw at 1/5 as a placeholder than moose at 3/48

Despite moose shiny 3 all star awards, he has a career ops + of 101. Shaw??? 102
    Look at last 2-3 seasons thou?

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    most "high ceiling" players never reach so the Mets deal is probably the better deal. Wasn't there a report Lindor didn't want to come here?
    Well, in fairness, most players fail no matter if they are high ceiling or not. I don't know how you can make that assertion without even knowing what the Jays were offering. Or maybe you're just high on Rosario. The Indians probably hurt their long term success by taking a lesser deal.

It kind of seems like they are half assing it. If I were them and I had to move Lindor, I'd tear it all down and trade Bieber and Ramirez as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Well, in fairness, most players fail no matter if they are high ceiling or not. I don't know how you can make that assertion without even knowing what the Jays were offering. Or maybe you're just high on Rosario. The Indians probably hurt their long term success by taking a lesser deal.

It kind of seems like they are half assing it. If I were them and I had to move Lindor, I'd tear it all down and trade Bieber and Ramirez as well.
    I am talking in the true sense of high ceiling. Like Dasan Brown

[QUOTE=Robbie;33778807]Look at last 2-3 seasons thou?[/QUOTE

Just my opinions. I’d take shaw and Liam Hendrix over moose for same prixe
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Look at last 2-3 seasons thou?
    Just my opinions. I’d take shaw and Liam Hendrix over moose for same prixe
    I'd leave Shaw alone.. Take that 15M and simply use it to ensure you get guys like Springer, JTR and DJLM signed. If you miss out on all of them, use it to go get a gold glove defender up the middle like JBJ, Kolten Wong or Yadi Molina to help save all of our pitchers some runs.

Strictly hypothetical. Shaw could come in at 1/2.5m

Of course if you got dj L or wong, a 3bman wouldn’t be necessary at that point

Strictly hypothetical. Shaw could come in at 1/2.5m

Of course if you got dj L or wong, a 3bman wouldn’t be necessary at that point
    Pass on Shaw. I'd rather have Biggio at 3b and Espinal or Hiraldo at 2B. Heck the way Shaw hit and played d at 3B, I might almost rather see Vladdy there than him at this point.

LeMahieu is probably waiting to see if the Dodgers bring back Turner. Could end up making more money with Yankees and Dodgers in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    LeMahieu is probably waiting to see if the Dodgers bring back Turner. Could end up making more money with Yankees and Dodgers in for him.
    Have a feeling Yanks are only offering 3-year deal and Jays possibly a four-year deal. The annual dollars are probably both around 20 per. He's waiting to see if Yanks give him another year or up dollars per. Sounds like he really wants to stay and they probably know that.

Jays need to give their best offer to Springer now and if he doesn't sign pivot towards signing JBJ. Then they need to go for Bauer or JTR. If JTR is the signee than we trade Jansen for another need. Wish something breaks soon the suspense is painful.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's