Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 588 of 588 FirstFirst ... 88488538578586587588
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 8820
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I would put betts in CF and watch his WAR explode and justify the ridiculous AAV.
    Forsurely.

Gurriel-Betts-Grichuk is pretty nice. I just hate Grichukís approach at the plate and would want to replace him if he didnít have that contract Ross gifted him. Maybe he learns to take a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    That's the problem Hanton...you can't just send him (or Alford) to Buffalo if they don't impress in spring training. You have to expose them to waivers before you can option either one of them to AAA.

If Sanchez misses all of 2020 then they will no longer have any control over him. Getting anything for him at the deadline now looks like a blessing.

Moving on.......what would you guys give up for 1 year of Mookie Betts? What about something like Ken Giles, Eric Pardinho , Patrick Murphy, Hector Perez and Yennsy Diaz? Then throw the kitchen sink at Betts to resign a long term extension.

If you can get an extension before the deal (like they did with Dickey) then I would give them Pearson and Giles (and anyone else they wanted not named Guerrero, Bichette, Biggio or Gurriel) in a heartbeat if they are willing to part with one of the best overall players in baseball.
    Or wait a year and throw a boatload of cash at Betts and keep Pearson.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Forsurely.

Gurriel-Betts-Grichuk is pretty nice. I just hate Grichukís approach at the plate and would want to replace him if he didnít have that contract Ross gifted him. Maybe he learns to take a walk?
    Grichuk is being exposed at the moment because our outfield is so weak (from a WAR perspective)....if they were to add Betts and with Gurriel in LF Grichuk's WAR would be pretty much irrelevant - bat him 7th and pocket his 25 home runs with low OBP and below average D. That or trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    No idea what that means.

Look where AA is now compared to Atkins who is a few months away from being unemployed. That factor.
    Then why was Atkins extended through next year?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Then why was Atkins extended through next year?
    Package deal. both contracts now expire end of 2020

Package deal. both contracts now expire end of 2020
    So what was that about Atkins being a few months away from unemployment?

One of the effects of todayís tanking is that it buys executives more job security. Ross and Shap are here for another 2 years minimum Iíd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    It wouldnít be enough but itís a solid starting point. Iíd offer up Alford/Hernandez as Waters replacement and a middling prospect too.
    Neither of those guys sweeten the pot if you ask me. If the Braves make the NLCS or better this year then you never know though. AA has no problem dealing prospects and has definitely made some big mistakes before.

To be honest though, I'd like to keep Ken Giles around. I'm of the belief we'll be competing in 2021 and he fits in with the timeline.

Man the thought of adding Mookie Betts has really intrigued me and now I want Shap and Ross to make a serious pitch for him when he hits FA (if he does)

Betts
    Biggio
    Bichette
    Guerrero
    Gurriel
    Grichuk
    Tellez
    Jansen
    DH

Thatís a pretty legit lineup, with the two weakest spots being the easiest to fill in, 1B and DH. Yes I know Jansen canít hit but he makes up for it behind the plate.
    If Mookie Betts hits FA he'll get a 300 million dollar contract and I hope we're the team to give it to him. The lineup only needs a couple more pieces to be amongst the best in the AL come 2021.

Ya I donít think C is a hole by any means. You get even average production out of the C spot and weíre looking at a pretty solid lineup. Now we just need to start taking pitches and get those abysmal OBPs up.

Pitching wise, I think you can supplement a weaker/younger staff with a good bullpen, but thatís going to take Ross and Shap out of their comfort zones and start paying for relief instead of dumpster diving.

I dunno, Iím looking forward to next year to see a full season out of the lineup. Iím not concerned with the pitching, itíll figure itself out. I just want to see some progress at the plate.
    I really like the idea of bolstering the BP this offseason. We have a good manager who will put them in a position to succeed, it will take some pressure off of the young starters, and assuming we bomb again next year they can always be traded. I think that is where I spend the money if I am in charge.

One of the effects of todayís tanking is that it buys executives more job security. Ross and Shap are here for another 2 years minimum Iíd guess.
    Iím not sure about the 2 years, but definitely convincing ownership to blow it up and slowly rebuild is a job security flex.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Neither of those guys sweeten the pot if you ask me. If the Braves make the NLCS or better this year then you never know though. AA has no problem dealing prospects and has definitely made some big mistakes before.

To be honest though, I'd like to keep Ken Giles around. I'm of the belief we'll be competing in 2021 and he fits in with the timeline.
    Are you also of the belief he will be this good again next season? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Are you also of the belief he will be this good again next season? Why?
    I definitely have faith. Heís been in the league for 6 years and 4 of those years (this one included) have been lights out. Heís been excellent more times than he hasnít.

Big big risk hanging onto Giles, I would cash in now, get a top spec or a good young outfielder in return.

Big big risk hanging onto Giles, I would cash in now, get a top spec or a good young outfielder in return.
    Why is it a big risk?