Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 485 of 485 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485
Results 7,261 to 7,268 of 7268
    I think it's safe to say that we won't be signing Machado without a massive overpay, and I don't think that's going to happen.

The Blue Jays aren't the team that's going to go out and sign marquee free agents. We have to settle for the Russell Martins, Steve Pearces, and Kendrys Moralesses of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I think it's safe to say that we won't be signing Machado without a massive overpay, and I don't think that's going to happen.

The Blue Jays aren't the team that's going to go out and sign marquee free agents. We have to settle for the Russell Martins, Steve Pearces, and Kendrys Moralesses of the world.
    To be fair, Russell Martin was a marquee free agent. A little easier with him though since he's Canadian.

Smoak for Salazar?

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    Smoak for Salazar?
    Salazar has a bad shoulder. Trading for bounce back candidates in a rebuild is fine, but let's not give Smoak away for someone who has a bad shoulder. He has been regressing since 2015 from a 3.4 in 2015 WAR to a 1.3 in 2017. Smoak has a 2.5 WAR for 2018. Different positions, but factoring in the shoulder I wouldn't do it.

The Jays are stuck between a rock and a hard place for pitching though. Sanchez is a fragile flower and Stroman is inconsistent and a head case. Free agents are too expensive and usually aren't worth it as they are entering the downward curve of their careers. And you don't want to empty the prospect cupboard either for a pitcher or two. Plus, would you want to sign an ace now and waste three years or more before the jays are significant again?
    Last edited by Spiderdan22; Yesterday at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Salazar has a bad shoulder. Trading for bounce back candidates in a rebuild is fine, but let's not give Smoak away for someone who has a bad shoulder. He has been regressing since 2015 from a 3.4 in 2015 WAR to a 1.3 in 2017. Smoak has a 2.5 WAR for 2018. Different positions, but factoring in the shoulder I wouldn't do it.

The Jays are stuck between a rock and a hard place for pitching though. Sanchez is a fragile flower and Stroman is inconsistent and a head case. Free agents are too expensive and usually aren't worth it as they are entering the downward curve of their careers. And you don't want to empty the prospect cupboard either for a pitcher or two. Plus, would you want to sign an ace now and waste three years or more before the jays are significant again?
    It’s only one year of Smoak for 2 years of Salazar though. 1B is a hard position to trade and CLE is one of the few contending teams that will have a need there this off season. Maybe they part with a different pitcher but I think a bounce back and maybe a prospect is a good return.

I wouldn’t expect too much out of a Smoak trade of what first basemen got in FA last year. Especially now with Goldscmidt is going to be in the mix.

I would prefer a pitching prospect or 2 over a bounceback guy. prospects with + stuff is ideal because even if we end up with a good BP that can still lead the charge to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I would prefer a pitching prospect or 2 over a bounceback guy. prospects with + stuff is ideal because even if we end up with a good BP that can still lead the charge to the playoffs.
    A much smarter play I think.