Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 694 of 696 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696 LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 10430
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Rumours starting to swirl about Trout being unhappy with not making the playoffs. I called this earlier in the off season. Lets hope the Angels suck and he asks out. Wed have the money and the specs to get a deal done. Its a pipe dream, but that would be amazing.
    Instaboner just at the thought of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Maybe only Bo I would try to hold onto in trade. Anything else would be on the block for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Interesting comments in todays Mets camp, Tijuan Walker said he wanted to resign with the Blue Jays but that by their offers, he got the feeling that the interest wasnt mutual. After tuning down 2 offers that he felt werent serious he approached the Mariners and thought he would end up back with his original club, and when James Paxton went there instead, he was unsure where hed wind up. He said that his agent spoke to Blue Jays again, who still werent willing to up their offer.. . He said he thought that he had done well as a Blue Jay and enjoyed his time with them and appreciated the fans and players support. He says he feels he is primed for a breakout as he has learned to not just throw hard and go for the Strikeout, and to rely on the mix of his pitches, which he was working on last year

I found it interesting because players rarely speak about contract negotiations and the teams that they have talked to. Usually its that who ever they sign with, was where they wanted to be all along, and you know that is usually just teamspeak. It was refreshing to hear a player talk about his personal process as a free agent. It makes you understand that these are flesh and blood human beings who worry about finding a place to ply their trade in these uncertain times.
    do you have a source for this?

Rumours starting to swirl about Trout being unhappy with not making the playoffs. I called this earlier in the off season. Lets hope the Angels suck and he asks out. Wed have the money and the specs to get a deal done. Its a pipe dream, but that would be amazing.
    Trout for Springer, Grich and specs next year, get er done. Now that's a player I'd trade Pearson+ for.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What if they simply wanted Kirk for trout and demanded we pitch Pearson as a starter for 3 years? Reed worst nightmare
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    What if they simply wanted Kirk for trout and demanded we pitch Pearson as a starter for 3 years? Reed worst nightmare
    Trout isn't THAT good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Doesn't he have a no trade clause? He'll end up going where he wants if that's the case. Maybe Dodgers or Yankees/Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Doesn't he have a no trade clause? He'll end up going where he wants if that's the case. Maybe Dodgers or Yankees/Mets.
    Hed have 5/10 rights this year I think. Not sure about the NTC.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    do you have a source for this?
    it was on SNY, the mets pay channel, look on the MLB app they usually aggregate all the cuts for all the teams there

Hed have 5/10 rights this year I think. Not sure about the NTC.
    Ah thanks.

I think they'll sneak in this year and will be getting a prime FA this offseason once Pujols comes off the books.

Allows them to play Ohtani more and could get a good pitcher next year.

They need to do a better jobs with their farm though so they can make more trades that help Trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Ah thanks.

I think they'll sneak in this year and will be getting a prime FA this offseason once Pujols comes off the books.

Allows them to play Ohtani more and could get a good pitcher next year.

They need to do a better jobs with their farm though so they can make more trades that help Trout.
    For sure. And I think using Ohtani on both sides actually hurts the team.

I think it does as well but he's still more valuable in that role than not having him at all. That was the demand you needed to concede to in order to get him so I can live with it, especially since they are desparate for pitching. Maybe in a few years he can be a full time hitter or pitcher.

Morosi was on with Mike Z other day. Said at deadline Cubs and Jay's could be good trade partners. Jay's move either Groshans or Martin for Kyle H and Bryant be good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Morosi was on with Mike Z other day. Said at deadline Cubs and Jay's could be good trade partners. Jay's move either Groshans or Martin for Kyle H and Bryant be good trade.
    I'd prefer a young controllable stud pitcher - Marquez, Castillo, Woodruff....etc instead of ageing vets

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I'd prefer a young controllable stud pitcher - Marquez, Castillo, Woodruff....etc instead of ageing vets
    Same, also don't like those prospects included with Bryant on an expiring deal.